Trayvon Martin

Serial Killers, Mass Murder, Unsolved Mysteries, Terrorism. (Description & Links Only)

Re: Trayvon Martin

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri May 20, 2016 7:39 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Cornbread wrote:I have my conceal carry permit. Got it years ago with Johnnie Turner.

You can't take it with you to Chicago. I know a guy who knows a guy that will keep you safe.

He might be alright if he only gets out at night lol.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gopher » Fri May 20, 2016 11:05 am

I can't believe the George guy is still alive.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby goat47 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:01 am

Man Who fired Gunshot at George Zimmerman Sentenced to 20 Years In Prison.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cornbread » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Zimmerman is always in the middle of something.
Cornbread
Django

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:25 pm

To date, I have not made one post on this topic. Before deciding to comment on this topic, I wanted to enough time to pass for my emotions not to cloud my judgement of what actually took place with the ordeal that ended a young black man's life, and forever scared the life of the man that took Travon's life. Some of you will agree with what I have to say, others won't.

Our majority white population has tried to back away from the fact that racism is at the center of much of our social structure and the chaos in is in today.

Let me also state clearly you cannot possibly know the pain racism inflicts on the human soul, unless you have experienced it, no matter what color you happen to be. Whites have just as much pain as blacks when they are victims of racism. The difference is the white experience of black racism is a fraction of the black experience of white racism. Blacks must deal with both overt and covert racism every day of their lives in one fashion or another. Whites don't. In part because often those victimizing blacks are unaware of their racists influences, that are commonly accepted in a majority ruled society.

Racism is institutionalized in this country. Even those that adamantly oppose it, are unable to completely defend against it, without respect to their color. Over the past 50 years or so, the African American community has systematically been left defenseless against the racism that is destroying it.

200 years after African Americans were freed, the Civil Rights Act was passed to help African Americans defend against racism that kept their majority in the lowest economic class, giving them equal opportunity for education, employment, and voting rights afforded to all American citizens.

After the Civil War, 4 miilion slaves were set free. What happened to them? The first thing that happened was the U.S. saw it's first prison boom. The war left the South in shambles, losing it's economic labor base. History shows how immediately after the Civil War, the existing political powers of the day began using the media to persecute African Americans.

The gentle, kind Uncle Remus figure of the African American male went to a menacing criminal, no good, white women raping black man. If you research the printed media of the day, you will find this to be so with every major 'news' outlet. One of the most brutal renderings of the African American male, emerged in Thomas Dixon's popular novel 'The Clansmen'. A novel that was made into a block buster silent film 'The Birth of A Nation', a film the President Woodrow Wilson had a private White House screening, and who said the film was 'History written with lightening'. A film largely responsible for reviving the KKK.

African Americans fled the south by the millions during and after the Reconstruction Period. They did not leave their homes for better opportunity. They were refugees, escaping from charges of loitering and vagancy that gave them long prison sentences. Escaping becoming free labor of the leased prison system that was busy rebuilding the South's infrastructure. Freed slaves were escaping torture and murder at the hands of the KKK that acted without impunity, protected from the legal institutions it had heavily infiltrated. Those that escaped to other parts of the country, found themselves competing with fresh immigrant labor, that had quickly organized themselves in to various nationalistic mobs.

Those that didn't escape the South became second class citizens of it. Prisoners of the Jim Crow Laws that enforced segregation, making it illegal for African Americans to mix with whites at any level. African Americans were denied a proper education, the right to dine in public restaurants or use the same drinking water and bathroom facilities of white. Most importantly they were denied a voice to do anything about it. They were denied the right to vote, in what white America was calling a 'free democratic society'. Once the Civil Rights Act came about, the southern African Americans begin to experience a measure of freedom they had not known before.

For the past 50 years, after the Civil Rights movement, our political powers have invented new ways to enslave African Americans. President Nixon coined the 'War on Drugs' rhetoric. Ronald Reagan mobilized it. This 'war' that was predicated on Law and Order, was part of the Republican Party's strategy to win the Southern vote. The 'war on drugs' invoked much harsher penalty's for poor communities crack cocaine violations, than it's suburbia counterpart, powder cocaine. As Lee Atwater, Reagans brilliant campaign strategist pointed out, beside the law and order policy targeting bigger cities, the southern political strategy was to codify racism. Creating terms like 'forced-busing' and 'StatesRights' to appeal to the southern racist, and win their vote. The prison population more than doubled during the Reagan years. The larger majority being African Americans and people of color.

Race again was on the 'back burner' as H. Bush advanced the political racial divide defeating Michael Dukakis with a single 'Willie Horton' ad. Willie Horton was an inmate that had raped and murdered his girlfriend while on weekend release. Michael Dukasis had voted to protect the weekend prisoner pass law. What the ad did not show was Willie Horton's girlfriend was black, with the relationship troubled with long history of abuse. Again under H. Bush the prisoner rate more than doubled.

Bill Clinton, realizing no Democrat could ever win the White House again without adopting a 'tough on crime' posture, ran on the platform. Perhaps he did more to complete the devastation of the African American community than any other single President. The 'Three Strikes and your out' and the 'Mandatory Sentencing' of his 1994 Crime Bill was written by ALEC, The American Legislative Executive Committee, an organization of which one out of four State legislators are members, partnering with America's large corporate executives members. Up until recently, CCA, The Correction Corporation of America, that builds and manages our private prison complex, a multi billion dollar company, was a member of ALEC. They dropped out after NPR exposed their legislative ties, and the abuses they do in their prison system to keep their profit margins growing.

So you are wondering by now, what does all of this have to do with Travon Martin?

To begin with, Travon Martin did not die in vain. It was his death that ignited the BLM movement, calling attention to the institutionalized racism within our Justice System, that assures one out of three African American makes will be imprisoned in this country, when the statistics are 1 out of 17 white American Males, a much much larger percentage of our population, will be imprisoned during their lifetime. 40% of America's prison inmate population are African America males, while the African American males are only 6% of our total population. Our inmate population has grown from 301,000 to more than 2.3 million during this fifty year period. Both political Party's are now on board to reform the justice system.

As we know from history reform often, almost always, means more oppression for African Americans and the poor of all colors, including whites. Hillary Cinton has promised judicial reform from top to bottom of the system. Whatever happens, those of us that are tired of broken promises will be be closely watching. We will unite to do whatever necessary to fix these gross injustices,

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:16 pm

I forgot to mention Zimmerman's acquittal.

Since the trial, a few of the jurors have spoken about why they voted to find Zimmerman not guilty. They've referred to their consideration of Florida's 'Stand Your Ground' law, which was read as part of the Florida's general defense law included with their jury duty instructions.

Zimmerman's defense was not based on this part of the law. His attorney's argued self defense, without bringing 'The Stand Your Ground' part of the self defense law into the equation. Zimmerman's pleaded an ordinary self defense, by reason of fearing for his life. He shot and killed Martin as a result of that fear.

Zimmerman pursued Martin both before and after he was advised that he did not need to do that. The recorded 911 call he made just before the shooting, does not reveal a man fearing for his life. It shows a man who intended to take the law into his own hands. He was looking for trouble and he found it in an angry black youth, obviously upset.

Without respect to the jury verdict that had to decide Zimmerman's guilt or innocence of 2nd degree murder according to the strict confines and interpretation of the law, and their instructions. I believe Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter. He is an adult that should have been made responsible for taking the law into his own hands, knowing a confrontation was likely to ensue. Karma has a way of exacting a price for intentional wrong doing. Nobody, including Zimmerman has immunity from it.

The irony of this, is I believe had Martin been armed and decided to shoot Zimmerman, rather that wail on him, it's likely that Zimmerman would be dead, and Martin would be freed by the standard set in Florida's 'Stand Your Ground' Law.

We now know that ALEC, American Legislative Executive Committee proposed the 'Stand Your Ground' law, passed by Florida's State legislature. Walmart was a member of ALEC until it was recently made public that the law was Walmart's proposal. And Walmart is America's largest retailer of long guns, as well as the largest purveyor of bullets in the world.

I have nothing against the 'Stand Your Ground' law. But I am bothered that corporations that sell more long guns in the U.S.A than any other retailer, and more bullets world wide, would propose this legislation. This kind of legislation should be proposed by the voices of Americans, not corporations that obviously see huge profits gun sales and ammo.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:43 am

No way was it second degree manslaughter. I watched every minute of the trial, and kept up with everything in the press about it. If you listen to the neighbors recording you can hear Zimmerman screaming as Trayvon was on top of him beating his ass.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cornbread » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:37 pm

A white dude tells you its best you leave the property, then it's best you leave the property. In my opinion Martin was a little hood and was looking for something to steal.
Cornbread
Django

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:37 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:No way was it second degree manslaughter. I watched every minute of the trial, and kept up with everything in the press about it. If you listen to the neighbors recording you can hear Zimmerman screaming as Trayvon was on top of him beating his ass.

That may have been the case. But the fact that Zimmerman was armed and pursued this young black man, was not given proper weight. Zimmerman went looking for trouble and he found it. He was prepared to take a man's life because he imagined this man to be threat to his property. He did in fact take this man's life. There was no justice in setting this man free from his reponsibilty for taking Martin's life.

There is nothing on God's green earth that can justify anyone hunting down and killing someone they have instigated a confrontation with. Zimmerman is not a good human being that respect's anothers life. He is an over bearing ciward that was getting his ass whipped for bullying. Rather than take the beating from the man he instigated the fight with, he took his life.

There's nothing honorable about Zimmerman. The bad things that will come his way before he joins Martin, he fully deservers

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Cornbread wrote:A white dude tells you its best you leave the property, then it's best you leave the property. In my opinion Martin was a little hood and was looking for something to steal.

And if a white dude shoots and in the back and kills you because you look like somebody that may have committed a crime it's okay right Cornbread?

I don't care if Trayvon Martin was looking for something to steal. How can you possibly justify killing someone because they are 'looking for something to steal'?

There's something very messed up with a human life is expendable because of someone's imagination. It's plain crazy.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Cornbread wrote:A white dude tells you its best you leave the property, then it's best you leave the property. In my opinion Martin was a little hood and was looking for something to steal.

Hey, if I cut across your yard, and you tell me to get off, you can bet your black ass, my cracker ass is gonna get to steppin!!!!
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:

Hey, if I cut across your yard, and you tell me to get off, you can bet your black ass, my cracker ass is gonna get to steppin!!!!

I would hope and pray that if you're a 17 year old mouthy cracker, that's pissed off at the world because your're not yet a man and yet not a kid, that black man wouldn't chase you down challenge your manhood and then kill you for trying to prove you're man, gonna do what you think man has to do. I would hope that black man would value human life that much.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:59 am

Especially now that Cornbreads learned to shoot. Btw I hope your still not paying someone to teach you.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cornbread » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:11 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Especially now that Cornbreads learned to shoot. Btw I hope your still not paying someone to teach you.

He did teach me a few shooting techniques, but mainly he taught me how to break it down and propertly clean it.
Cornbread
Django

Postby Briscoe » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Cornbread wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Especially now that Cornbreads learned to shoot. Btw I hope your still not paying someone to teach you.

He did teach me a few shooting techniques, but mainly he taught me how to break it down and propertly clean it.

i just throw mine in the dishwasher. lol
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

PreviousNext

Return to Crime & Punishment