Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Serial Killers, Mass Murder, Unsolved Mysteries, Terrorism. (Description & Links Only)

Re: Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Postby Briscoe » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:24 am

Gopher wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Briscoe wrote:why don't they have to get a warrant to randomly drug test people at work? innocent workers that did'nt do anything wrong in the first place?


I wouldn't have a business if I didn't have a drug testing policy.


It's a good policy for any business.

those that give up freedom for security deserve neither.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
User avatar
Briscoe
HornDog
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Postby Briscoe » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:07 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Briscoe wrote:why don't they have to get a warrant to randomly drug test people at work? innocent workers that did'nt do anything wrong in the first place?


I wouldn't have a business if I didn't have a drug testing policy.

nothing against you funk. that's your job and i respect it. i don't agree with a lot of laws, but i respect the officers that have to enforse them.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
User avatar
Briscoe
HornDog
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:01 pm

In KY you either submit to a blood test or you are guilty- and go straight to jail!
User avatar
Unbridled Spirit
 
Posts: 4652
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Unbridled Spirit wrote:In KY you either submit to a blood test or you are guilty- and go straight to jail!

Very True.

If your heading to Florida for vacation avoid the state of Georgia.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20927
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:35 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Unbridled Spirit wrote:In KY you either submit to a blood test or you are guilty- and go straight to jail!

Very True.

If your heading to Florida for vacation avoid the state of Georgia.


Avoid coming back from Florida with Kentucky tags through Georgia especially!
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Unbridled Spirit wrote:In KY you either submit to a blood test or you are guilty- and go straight to jail!

Very True.

If your heading to Florida for vacation avoid the state of Georgia.

You can't drive to Florida without participating in the "Watermelon 500"... Longest drive I ever drove, Chattanooga, Tn to Valdosta, Ga...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
User avatar
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl
 
Posts: 15725
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side Of The Moon

Re: Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:37 am

Why do you need a drug testing policy at every business? 9 times out of 10 anyone can tell when a person is "loaded", so why does their place of work need to know if they like to smoke a joint every now and again at home? Why should that be important as long as they aren't coming to work inebriated? As long as they aren't doing anything on the job then why is it important for a business owner to know what they do at home?


What someone does at home can have a direct impact on their job functions as well as endanger those they work with. Party one night at home and return to work the next day, or even days after or weeks after, could have deadly consequences. Even marijuana can stay in your system up to 45 days (give or take depending on your body weight, tolerance, etc.)

I will continue to test my employees.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Postby DarkFairy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Gurt B Frobe wrote:
Why do you need a drug testing policy at every business? 9 times out of 10 anyone can tell when a person is "loaded", so why does their place of work need to know if they like to smoke a joint every now and again at home? Why should that be important as long as they aren't coming to work inebriated? As long as they aren't doing anything on the job then why is it important for a business owner to know what they do at home?


What someone does at home can have a direct impact on their job functions as well as endanger those they work with. Party one night at home and return to work the next day, or even days after or weeks after, could have deadly consequences. Even marijuana can stay in your system up to 45 days (give or take depending on your body weight, tolerance, etc.)

I will continue to test my employees.


I specified if it is a job in which lives could be endangered then I could understand doing drug testing....I can completely see the reasoning in that. Come on though, even though pot may stay in someone's system for up to 45 days doesn't mean they are High for 45 days! LOL If that were the case then there would be more people smoking it than do already! Someone mopping the floors at McDonalds doesn't need to be drug tested.....surely you can see when there is a need for one and when there isn't. I am not speaking about your business because I don't know what you do, I mean businesses in which lives are not endangered and places who drug test when there is no need for it and besides that I don't think a place of employment needs to know what kind of medications a person is on, it is none of their business. Unless that person has done something wrong then they don't need to invade their privacy by drug testing and finding out what is in their blood. They are assuming guilt at the get go.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
User avatar
DarkFairy
 
Posts: 6672
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Forced blood draws for suspected DUI's

Postby DarkFairy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Hell pretty soon they will just be carrying around the little kits like Diabetics carry so they can just take their blood on the spot, get DNA and everything in one whack....screw the fingerprints, just get the blood. I am so sick of how invasive America has become.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
User avatar
DarkFairy
 
Posts: 6672
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: Forced blood draws for suspected DUI's

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:32 am

In my search for a list of states that forcefully withdraw blood for dui's I found this. It's a rather odd, and confusing decision by the Supreme Court.

SCOTUS: Warrant Needed for DUI Blood Test, Maybe

http://blogs.findlaw.com/decided/2013/04/scotus-warrant-needed-for-dui-blood-test-maybe.html
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20927
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Postby Gopher » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:17 pm

It cuts down on workplace accidents, and theft.
User avatar
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: Forced blood draws for suspected DUI's

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:51 pm

DarkFairy wrote:Hell pretty soon they will just be carrying around the little kits like Diabetics carry so they can just take their blood on the spot, get DNA and everything in one whack....screw the fingerprints, just get the blood. I am so sick of how invasive America has become.


WITHOUT being authorized or certified to do it!!
User avatar
Unbridled Spirit
 
Posts: 4652
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:26 pm

DarkFairy wrote:
Gurt B Frobe wrote:
Why do you need a drug testing policy at every business? 9 times out of 10 anyone can tell when a person is "loaded", so why does their place of work need to know if they like to smoke a joint every now and again at home? Why should that be important as long as they aren't coming to work inebriated? As long as they aren't doing anything on the job then why is it important for a business owner to know what they do at home?


What someone does at home can have a direct impact on their job functions as well as endanger those they work with. Party one night at home and return to work the next day, or even days after or weeks after, could have deadly consequences. Even marijuana can stay in your system up to 45 days (give or take depending on your body weight, tolerance, etc.)

I will continue to test my employees.


I specified if it is a job in which lives could be endangered then I could understand doing drug testing....I can completely see the reasoning in that. Come on though, even though pot may stay in someone's system for up to 45 days doesn't mean they are High for 45 days! LOL If that were the case then there would be more people smoking it than do already! Someone mopping the floors at McDonalds doesn't need to be drug tested.....surely you can see when there is a need for one and when there isn't. I am not speaking about your business because I don't know what you do, I mean businesses in which lives are not endangered and places who drug test when there is no need for it and besides that I don't think a place of employment needs to know what kind of medications a person is on, it is none of their business. Unless that person has done something wrong then they don't need to invade their privacy by drug testing and finding out what is in their blood. They are assuming guilt at the get go.


Once again you are reading more into my statement than is there. I did not say a person would be high for 45 days. Why are you so defensive? Has nothing to do with invading their privacy and everything to do with protecting employees and business owners. You test positive for drugs that you don't have a prescription for then you won't get a job from me. Plain and simple.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Forced blood draws for suspected DUI's

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:28 pm

DarkFairy wrote:Hell pretty soon they will just be carrying around the little kits like Diabetics carry so they can just take their blood on the spot, get DNA and everything in one whack....screw the fingerprints, just get the blood. I am so sick of how invasive America has become.


I see your point and agree with most of your opinion. This is crossing the line.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

Previous

Return to Crime & Punishment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest