The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Serial Killers, Mass Murder, Unsolved Mysteries, Terrorism. (Description & Links Only)

The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:40 pm

Vietnam Soldiers exposure and addiction to heroin brought on President Richard Nixon's War on Drugs. A costly war of more than 2.5 Trillion U.S. Dollars, and growing. 44 million arrested in the U..S. for drug crimes. 2.3 million behind bars. The vast majority for illegal drug trafficking, possession or use . A staggering number when compared to the 330,000 total prisoners in 1970, before the War on Drugs. A country with 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the worlds prisoners has a real problem. Our industrial prison complex employees more people than our military. There are more prison guards in the U.S. than U.S. Marines.

President Reagan advanced the war on drugs with stiffer penalty's and a zero tolerance policy. With his persuasion, The UN Commission on Drugs adopted in a total ban on producing, selling, possessing and using illegal drugs. By the end of Reagan's term, illegal cocaine trafficking had exploded. Making Columbia's king pin drug trafficker Escobar, the 7th richest man in the world, at an estimated wealth of $25 Billion. And also the most violent and feared criminal in the world.

When the U.S. declared war on the Columbia drug cartel, 55,000 involved in both government and narco trafficking lost their lives. Escobar was killed in 1993. But it did not reduce supply or demand of Columbia's cocaine. 30% of Columbia's population was involved in drug trafficking at the time. Under the Clinton Administration our government spent billions trying to eradicate Columbia's cocaine crops.

In the beginning only 8 Columbian States were growing cocaine crops. Today there are 28. Todays illegal drug trade tops $320 Billion a year. Another witness to the dismal failure of the war on drugs. And the obvious failure of criminalizing drugs to produce a drug free America.

Guns and violence effectively control the illegal drug markets. Guns used in illegal and violent drug trafficking went from .22 and .32 calibers to today's AK47's. The demand for more powerful weapons of violence, has grown with the demand for illegal drugs.

For the past decade, Mexico has brought it's military to the front lines of the war on drugs, costing Mexico multiple billions. The result? The same as in Columbia. Cartel violence against Mexico's military police and the cartels themselves, have claimed more than 55,000 lives, targeting government officials as well, and has had no effect on reducing supply.

The reason? The extremely high profit a kilo of black market cocaine that cost $1,000 to produce, and worth over $170,000 when it sold on Main Street U.S.A. The same happened with the prohibition of alcohol in this country. Traffickers profited, creating more alcoholics than before prohibition. Addictions of illegal drugs is costly, and the money to support these addictions has to come from somewhere. Thus, the increase poverty related crimes from stealing to violence in the illegal drug trade, using illegal firearms.

Repressive drug use policies worldwide have financed the most repressive government regimes in the world. Afghanistan is the largest producer of heroine in the world. Attacking illegal drug use from a moralistic perspective with anti-drug use campaigns do not stop anyone that intends to use from using. Abusive drug use is a medical problem, not a moral one. Though the inappropriate use of drugs spawns moral decay of the individual, illegal drug trade spawns the moral decay of entire societies and nations.

The former U.S. and Russia's eradication of poppy fields in Afghanistan drove people making a living from legally growing and selling these crops, into the arms of the Taliban to finance their political take over , and millions of addictions while creating new ones worldwide.

In 2011 The Global Commission on Drug Policy headed by former President of Brazil, was born. The Commission is committed to approaching illegal drug use worldwide differently. First by decriminalizing it. This approach has reduced Switzerland's illegal drug use by 50% over the past decade. More than 50% of all illegal profits in the U.S. are drug profits. Profits that underpin and support the growth and criminal underground network in the U.S. Networks that use gun violence to effectively control the supply of illegal drugs to it's meet the demands of it's largest consumer, the U.S.A

Decriminalizing drug use, regulating it and educating about the public about the negative consequences of drug use, absent advertising that promotes their use, will significantly reduce our illegal drug use epidemic. It will save future generations from the bondage and misery that comes with illegal drug use and addiction.

We don't do drugs, or support their regulation because we are lawful. We don't do them because we value our mental health, and overall health of the society we live in.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10042
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:28 pm

1968 Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs is founded.
The Johnson administration consolidates several drug agencies into the Justice Dept.'s Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (BNDD). The move is intended to diminish turf wars between the various agencies, but tensions between the BNDD and Customs continue.

In an attempt to reduce marijuana smuggling from Mexico, the Customs Dept., under Commissioner Myles Ambrose, subjects every vehicle crossing the Mexican border to a three-minute inspection. The operation lasts two weeks and wreaks economic havoc on both sides of the border.



http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... rugs/cron/
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
User avatar
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl
 
Posts: 15725
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side Of The Moon

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby upallnight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:19 am

Ron Paul: The War on Drugs is unconstitutional, can’t be won, and only makes things worse for almost everyone involved. The only beneficiaries are the drug barons, smugglers and dealers who enjoy exorbitant profits, and those dark forces in government who try to further suppress our freedoms under the excuse of fighting the war against drugs.
upallnight
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:21 am

The War on Drugs is nothing more, nothing less than a program to hire various law enforcement officers. It's one huge employment opportunity for anyone in the law enforcement field. FBI, CIA, INS, Border Patrol, Customs Agents, Judges, Prosecutors, Government Funded Court Appointed Attorneys, Jailers, Prison Guards. This is one war that our government doesn't want to win.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20927
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:35 am

Bunch of damn hippies. Illegal drugs should remain illegal.
User avatar
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:52 am

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby Pappy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:43 am

Cate McCalley wrote:Vietnam Soldiers exposure and addiction to heroin brought on President Richard Nixon's War on Drugs. A costly war of more than 2.5 Trillion U.S. Dollars, and growing. 44 million arrested in the U..S. for drug crimes. 2.3 million behind bars. The vast majority for illegal drug trafficking, possession or use . A staggering number when compared to the 330,000 total prisoners in 1970, before the War on Drugs. A country with 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the worlds prisoners has a real problem. Our industrial prison complex employees more people than our military. There are more prison guards in the U.S. than U.S. Marines.

President Reagan advanced the war on drugs with stiffer penalty's and a zero tolerance policy. With his persuasion, The UN Commission on Drugs adopted in a total ban on producing, selling, possessing and using illegal drugs. By the end of Reagan's term, illegal cocaine trafficking had exploded. Making Columbia's king pin drug trafficker Escobar, the 7th richest man in the world, at an estimated wealth of $25 Billion. And also the most violent and feared criminal in the world.

When the U.S. declared war on the Columbia drug cartel, 55,000 involved in both government and narco trafficking lost their lives. Escobar was killed in 1993. But it did not reduce supply or demand of Columbia's cocaine. 30% of Columbia's population was involved in drug trafficking at the time. Under the Clinton Administration our government spent billions trying to eradicate Columbia's cocaine crops.

In the beginning only 8 Columbian States were growing cocaine crops. Today there are 28. Todays illegal drug trade tops $320 Billion a year. Another witness to the dismal failure of the war on drugs. And the obvious failure of criminalizing drugs to produce a drug free America.

Guns and violence effectively control the illegal drug markets. Guns used in illegal and violent drug trafficking went from .22 and .32 calibers to today's AK47's. The demand for more powerful weapons of violence, has grown with the demand for illegal drugs.

For the past decade, Mexico has brought it's military to the front lines of the war on drugs, costing Mexico multiple billions. The result? The same as in Columbia. Cartel violence against Mexico's military police and the cartels themselves, have claimed more than 55,000 lives, targeting government officials as well, and has had no effect on reducing supply.

The reason? The extremely high profit a kilo of black market cocaine that cost $1,000 to produce, and worth over $170,000 when it sold on Main Street U.S.A. The same happened with the prohibition of alcohol in this country. Traffickers profited, creating more alcoholics than before prohibition. Addictions of illegal drugs is costly, and the money to support these addictions has to come from somewhere. Thus, the increase poverty related crimes from stealing to violence in the illegal drug trade, using illegal firearms.

Repressive drug use policies worldwide have financed the most repressive government regimes in the world. Afghanistan is the largest producer of heroine in the world. Attacking illegal drug use from a moralistic perspective with anti-drug use campaigns do not stop anyone that intends to use from using. Abusive drug use is a medical problem, not a moral one. Though the inappropriate use of drugs spawns moral decay of the individual, illegal drug trade spawns the moral decay of entire societies and nations.

The former U.S. and Russia's eradication of poppy fields in Afghanistan drove people making a living from legally growing and selling these crops, into the arms of the Taliban to finance their political take over , and millions of addictions while creating new ones worldwide.

In 2011 The Global Commission on Drug Policy headed by former President of Brazil, was born. The Commission is committed to approaching illegal drug use worldwide differently. First by decriminalizing it. This approach has reduced Switzerland's illegal drug use by 50% over the past decade. More than 50% of all illegal profits in the U.S. are drug profits. Profits that underpin and support the growth and criminal underground network in the U.S. Networks that use gun violence to effectively control the supply of illegal drugs to it's meet the demands of it's largest consumer, the U.S.A

Decriminalizing drug use, regulating it and educating about the public about the negative consequences of drug use, absent advertising that promotes their use, will significantly reduce our illegal drug use epidemic. It will save future generations from the bondage and misery that comes with illegal drug use and addiction.

We don't do drugs, or support their regulation because we are lawful. We don't do them because we value our mental health, and overall health of the society we live in.

Now you want to blame the Vietnam Veterans for the drug problems were having next you will say there was no problem with the damn Hippies and perverts in the 60's.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby ScArEcRoW » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:49 am

I think she's blaming Republicans.
User avatar
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2639
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:46 am

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:58 am

I think it's pretty clear that I am blaming a what, not a who Pappy.

The what that I am holding responsible is our government and it's politicians.

Our politicians hold antiquated and uninformed attitudes about the illegal drug trade, that has rapidly destroyed our nation. Facts are facts. The major political parties will do any and everything to maintain the status quo of our corrupted government. Because the status quo keeps their politicians in power.

If you want to restore freedom in America, legalize and regulate drugs. All of them.

Demand the SCOTUS decision on Citizens United vs. The Federal Election Commission be overturned.

Elect people that are not politicians that want to hold office forever, but people willing to do their part to fix our nation's problems. People that reject the antiquated attitudes of those that are destroying the very fabric of our society.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10042
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby upallnight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:16 am

Elect people that are not politicians


You mean like Trump?
upallnight
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:26 am

upallnight wrote:
Elect people that are not politicians


You mean like Trump?


No. I don't believe a man that fully admits to using our system explicitly for personal gain, and cheats workers out of money due them for their labor is trustworthy.

I mean like people that have proven their civil service has not been influenced and corrupted. People like Bernie Sanders, the poorest civil servant in all Congress.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10042
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby upallnight » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:45 am

using our system explicitly for personal gain


You mean like Hillary?
upallnight
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby Briscoe » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:11 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
upallnight wrote:
Elect people that are not politicians


You mean like Trump?


No. I don't believe a man that fully admits to using our system explicitly for personal gain, and cheats workers out of money due them for their labor is trustworthy.

I mean like people that have proven their civil service has not been influenced and corrupted. People like Bernie Sanders, the poorest civil servant in all Congress.

bernie's poor because he don't work for a living. i'll just donate some extra coats for all the poor senators this fall.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
User avatar
Briscoe
HornDog
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:04 pm

Ole Bern's not to poor. He just purchased a $600,000 Lake front Cabin as a summer home. The hypocrisy.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20927
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:05 pm

Bernie's poor when compared to his collegues. He, unlike the majority of the, hasn't made money his God.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10042
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: The Un-Winnable War on Drugs

Postby PharmGirl » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:Bernie's poor when compared to his collegues. He, unlike the majority of the, hasn't made money his God.


That's like saying a drug dealer only sold 10 pills while his collegues sold 100. He's still a drug dealer, and Bernie's a hypocrite.
PharmGirl
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Next

Return to Crime & Punishment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest