Justified Firing vs Constitutional Crisis

Serial Killers, Mass Murder, Unsolved Mysteries, Terrorism. (Description & Links Only)

Justified Firing vs Constitutional Crisis

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed May 10, 2017 9:22 am

Your President Trump has fired the DOJ's FBI Director James Comney. And he is lying about the reason for it.

The man that penned the 'no confidence' letter to create the sham paper trail Trump demanded as an excuse to fire Comney, has been on the job two weeks. Not even enough time to substantiate or review a 'no confidence' allegation of our nation's top law enforcement person, much less prove one.

Trump has consistently put himself above the truth, but he cannot put himself above the law. The last President, Richard Nixon, that went down that path and fired the man investigating the criminal activity of the break in and burglary of DNC documents at the Watergate Hotel, got himself impeached and removed from office.

I posted this topic under the 'Crime and Punishment' section of the forum. Because I sincerely believe Trump has committed a traitorous crime. One that could rise to the level of treason, if an independent investigation reveals Trump colluded with one or more foreign government agents to interfere with our democratic election.

An independent investigation into the cyber break in of the DNC and other Democrats or supporters involved in Hillary Clinton's election campaign is imperative. It is the only possible avenue available to clear Trump if indeed he is not guilty of treason in colluding with foreign government operatives, particularily Russia..a U.S. adversary, in the hacking and subsequent leaks of DNC emails. All other avenues to establish his innocence, the DOJ, the FBI, the House Investigation Committee, have been compromised.

The Senate Intelligence investigation is limited in it's powers to pursue a criminal investigation. It has the power of subpoena to uncover the facts, but it does not have the power to bring criminal charges. Criminal charges are in the venue of the DOJ (whose AG Jeff Sessions, has had to recuse himself for lying to Congress about his own contacts with the Russian Ambassador during the election campaign), and the FBI Director (investigating Russian interference in our election), whom Trump fired yesterday. Another high level DOJ figure working on the investigation, Preet Bharara, was recently fired after Trump had asked him to stay on. Sally Yates, the interim AG, was fired the day after she met with WH Counsel to debrief on the classified information of General Flynn's lie to Congress.

While the free world looks for U.S. leadership, your leader has now created a Constitutional crisis eliminating any chance to provide it. He has barely been visible for the past 6 days, except for his twitter rants to distract the proceeding Senate investigation of Russian interference with our election. He seems to be far more concerned about who leaked General Flynn's Russian ties, than who leaked the hacked DNC emails to julian Assange.

I'm constantly surprised and amazed at how little wisdom setemingly smart individuals, actually possess.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Re: Justified Firing vs Constitutional Crisis

Postby Briscoe » Wed May 10, 2017 9:51 am

i'm amazed at what little wisdom you posses cate. your stubborn and your opinions are un-American, antiwhite and ungodly.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed May 10, 2017 10:15 am

Cate was originally in support of Comney being fired. Now because it's Trump who's doing so it's more sour grapes. Look at the list of scandals in the FBI since Comney has been in charge.

1. Before he bombed the Boston Marathon, the FBI interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev but let him go. Russia sent the Obama Administration a second warning, but the FBI opted against investigating him again.
2. Shortly after the NSA scandal exploded in 2013, the FBI was exposed conducting its own data mining on innocent Americans; the agency, Bloomberg reported, retains that material for decades (even if no wrongdoing is found).
3. The FBI had possession of emails sent by Nidal Hasan saying he wanted to kill his fellow soldiers to protect the Taliban -- but didn't intervene, leading many critics to argue the tragedy that resulted in the death of 31 Americans at Fort Hood could have been prevented.
4. During the Obama Administration, the FBI claimed that two private jets were being used primarily for counterterrorism, when in fact they were mostly being used for Eric Holder and Robert Mueller's business and personal travel.
5. When the FBI demanded Apple create a "backdoor" that would allow law enforcement agencies to unlock the cell phones of various suspects, the company refused, sparking a battle between the feds and America's biggest tech company. What makes this incident indicative of Comey's questionable management of the agency is that a) The FBI jumped the gun, as they were indeed ultimately able to crack the San Bernardino terrorist's phone, and b) Almost every other major national security figure sided with Apple (from former CIA Director General Petraeus to former CIA Director James Woolsey to former director of the NSA, General Michael Hayden), warning that such a "crack" would inevitably wind up in the wrong hands.
6. In 2015, the FBI conducted a controversial raid on a Texas political meeting, finger printing, photographing, and seizing phones from attendees (some in the group believe in restoring Texas as an independent constitutional republic).
7. During its investigation into Hillary Clinton's mishandling of classified material, the FBI made an unusual deal in which Clinton aides were both given immunity and allowed to destroy their laptops.
8. The father of the radical Islamist who detonated a backpack bomb in New York City in 2016 alerted the FBI to his son's radicalization. The FBI, however, cleared Ahmad Khan Rahami after a brief interview.
9. The FBI also investigated the terrorist who killed 49 people and wounded 53 more at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Fla. Despite a more than 10-month investigation of Omar Mateen -- during which Mateen admitting lying to agents -- the FBI opted against pressing further and closed its case.
10. CBS recently reported that when two terrorists sought to kill Americans attending the "Draw Muhammad" event in Garland, Texas, the FBI not only had an understanding an attack was coming, but actually had an undercover agent traveling with the Islamists, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi. The FBI has refused to comment on why the agent on the scene did not intervene during the attack.

https://news.grabien.com/story-10-major-fbi-scandals-comeys-watch
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed May 10, 2017 10:25 am

Briscoe wrote:i'm amazed at what little wisdom you posses cate. your stubborn and your opinions are un-American, antiwhite and ungodly.

The thing about time as it passes, is it creates a historical record of opinion and fact. Time establishes facts that either validates or invalidates the wisdom of one's opinion.

If you have noticed since posting on this forum, I've never changed my moniker that states my opinion of time.

Time will either validate or invalidate the wisdom of your opinion that I am 'un-American, anti-white and ungodly'.

I have only one opinion of you Briscoe. One that I need not share, as I'm sure it would serve no purpose, good or bad.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Wed May 10, 2017 10:33 am

Your list G shows his incompetence. Especially in his ability to stop terrorist attacks.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed May 10, 2017 10:52 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Cate was originally in support of Comney being fired. Now because it's Trump who's doing so it's more sour grapes. Look at the list of scandals in the FBI since Comney has been in charge.

1. Before he bombed the Boston Marathon, the FBI interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev but let him go. Russia sent the Obama Administration a second warning, but the FBI opted against investigating him again.
2. Shortly after the NSA scandal exploded in 2013, the FBI was exposed conducting its own data mining on innocent Americans; the agency, Bloomberg reported, retains that material for decades (even if no wrongdoing is found).
3. The FBI had possession of emails sent by Nidal Hasan saying he wanted to kill his fellow soldiers to protect the Taliban -- but didn't intervene, leading many critics to argue the tragedy that resulted in the death of 31 Americans at Fort Hood could have been prevented.
4. During the Obama Administration, the FBI claimed that two private jets were being used primarily for counterterrorism, when in fact they were mostly being used for Eric Holder and Robert Mueller's business and personal travel.
5. When the FBI demanded Apple create a "backdoor" that would allow law enforcement agencies to unlock the cell phones of various suspects, the company refused, sparking a battle between the feds and America's biggest tech company. What makes this incident indicative of Comey's questionable management of the agency is that a) The FBI jumped the gun, as they were indeed ultimately able to crack the San Bernardino terrorist's phone, and b) Almost every other major national security figure sided with Apple (from former CIA Director General Petraeus to former CIA Director James Woolsey to former director of the NSA, General Michael Hayden), warning that such a "crack" would inevitably wind up in the wrong hands.
6. In 2015, the FBI conducted a controversial raid on a Texas political meeting, finger printing, photographing, and seizing phones from attendees (some in the group believe in restoring Texas as an independent constitutional republic).
7. During its investigation into Hillary Clinton's mishandling of classified material, the FBI made an unusual deal in which Clinton aides were both given immunity and allowed to destroy their laptops.
8. The father of the radical Islamist who detonated a backpack bomb in New York City in 2016 alerted the FBI to his son's radicalization. The FBI, however, cleared Ahmad Khan Rahami after a brief interview.
9. The FBI also investigated the terrorist who killed 49 people and wounded 53 more at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Fla. Despite a more than 10-month investigation of Omar Mateen -- during which Mateen admitting lying to agents -- the FBI opted against pressing further and closed its case.
10. CBS recently reported that when two terrorists sought to kill Americans attending the "Draw Muhammad" event in Garland, Texas, the FBI not only had an understanding an attack was coming, but actually had an undercover agent traveling with the Islamists, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi. The FBI has refused to comment on why the agent on the scene did not intervene during the attack.

https://news.grabien.com/story-10-major-fbi-scandals-comeys-watch

I objected to Comey's decision to reopen Clinton's email investigation, because it smacked of partisanship. If you can show me where I ever recommended he should be fired, I would appreciate it.

The FBI is regulated just as every government agency is. Every case that comes to the FBI for investigation, whether it's a terrorist threat or organized crime tip, must be closed if after 6 months the FBI cannot show good cause (i.e. Evidence has been gathered that reveals a crime has been or likely will be committed). This evidence must be congruent with the reason stated for opening the investigation. When it isn't, the FBI must either close the file or open a new investigation with new evidence congruent with evidence that establishes a reason for the new investigation.

While I may from time to time question the actions of the FBI, I'm assured the agency that is charged with enforcing our rule of law, is entrusted to do it and accountable when it does not do it's job.

A President that is a proven habitual liar cannot be trusted. He cannot be trusted to oversee, recommend or act to uphold his sworn oath. Nor can the paper trail sham be trusted that he created to cover up and derail an investigation of his and or his associates connections with the Russian attack on our democratic institutions.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed May 10, 2017 11:02 am

Paul: Dems Pushing a 'Huge Myth' About Trump Collusion With Russia

"[Democrats] were for getting rid of Comey too, but now they're gonna say it's all about this Russia investigation, which hasn't produced one iota of evidence," said Paul.

He said Comey's firing "could not happen soon enough," calling out Democrats for criticizing the move despite previously declaring they had lost faith in Comey after his handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/10/rand-paul-comey-firing-dems-pushing-huge-myth-about-trump-russia
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed May 10, 2017 11:17 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Paul: Dems Pushing a 'Huge Myth' About Trump Collusion With Russia

"[Democrats] were for getting rid of Comey too, but now they're gonna say it's all about this Russia investigation, which hasn't produced one iota of evidence," said Paul.

He said Comey's firing "could not happen soon enough," calling out Democrats for criticizing the move despite previously declaring they had lost faith in Comey after his handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/10/rand-paul-comey-firing-dems-pushing-huge-myth-about-trump-russia

Hillary Clinton sat through several investigations and hearings with respect to how she handled her job, icluding a long drawn out FBI investigation. I don't think any Democrat was happy about what was obviously a witch hunt organized and carried out by the Republican Party.

I'm 100% sure several Republicans do not agree with Trump's firing of Comey. When Nixon was busy firing everyone that got close to his cover up of the Watergate burglary, Republicans that took their oath to serve America's interest above all rallied a call for Nixon's resignation.

As bad and divisive as things are on Capitol Hill at the moment, I still have faith that enough of those elected and currently serving, understand the gravity of abandoning the principles of democracy in support of demagoguery.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed May 10, 2017 12:40 pm

The Comey firing has overshadowed the news off recent request of supeonas for the business records of Manafort, Flynn, Stone and Page. All of which were directly involved in Trump's campaign. The only time the Treasury Department's inner agency finCEN, is authorized to comply, is when the supeonas are issued relative to a criminal investigation.

What this means is Comey's FBI's investigation had taken a turn from being an investigation into interference of foreign meddling into our nations democratic institutions, to the criminal investigation of the above noted Trump campaign associates part of that interference.

In all likelihood, this explains Trump's surprise firing of a high profile FBI Director he repeatedly praised for reopening Hillary's closed email investigation, that obviously swayed public opinion against her. Even to the point Trump was using the reopening of the investigation as proof of his 'crooked Hillary' assertion.

It's much too soon for the public to forget the Trump rally chants to 'lock her up', for Trump or any of his supporters to expect the public to buy the bullshit Trump is selling for his justification of firing Comey. We know the reason. And no matter how many lies Trump tells, or how big those lies are, the truth will prevail.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Legion » Wed May 10, 2017 1:03 pm

His terrorism track record speaks for itself.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed May 10, 2017 1:16 pm

[quote="Legion"]His terrorism track record speaks for itself.[/quote

How Comey handled his job with respect to his record on investigating terrorism didn't get him fired. How he handled the closure of Hillary Clinton's email investigation didn't get him fired. Comey's improper notification to Congtess of reopening Hullary's closed email investigation 11 days before thecelection didn't' get him fired.

Make no mistake, Comey's ongoing investigation of Trump's campaign ties to Russian cyber hackings and it's subsequent influence, and it's attack on our democratic institutions, is the ONLY reason Trump fired him.

This too will pass. But the investigation into Trump's ties to Russia will not pass. In fact it will go further, if not faster.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cornbread » Wed May 10, 2017 1:41 pm

While we don't have a FBI Director I'm going to copy all the VHS tapes I have. No one can stop me lol.
Cornbread
Django

Postby PharmGirl » Wed May 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Does the President have the authority to hire and fire a FBI Director? If yes its justified!
PharmGirl

Postby Political Plague » Wed May 10, 2017 3:15 pm

He has full authority. He's draining that fucking swamp!

Much satisfaction knowing that Comey probably won't sleep tonight. Not long now before the Clinton "Wet Work" Minions get to him. As Comey can no longer protect her much less himself. Wonder what will be the suicide method?
Political Plague

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed May 10, 2017 3:50 pm

Political Plague wrote:He has full authority. He's draining that fucking swamp!

Much satisfaction knowing that Comey probably won't sleep tonight. Not long now before the Clinton "Wet Work" Minions get to him. As Comey can no longer protect her much less himself. Wonder what will be the suicide method?

I wouldn't worry about Comey's future if I were you. I'm confident he isn't. Bill Clinton fired FBI Director William Sessions and lived to regret it. Sessions had made influential Congressional enemies. Clinton was pressured to vfire him for malefeance of agency funds. Clinton did have a good reason to fire him, but later admitted his mistake andcregrets. Karma took care of Sessions. He went on to have one of rhe biggest most successful law firms in the country.

Soecial Prosecutor Archibald Cox, whom Nixon fired when Cox got too close to the truth of Nixon's ordered burglary of the Watergate Hotel DNC headquarters, went on to head 12 watch dog type agencies, and won two of the two significant court cases he argued before SCOTUS. Before his appointment of Special Prosecutor for Watergate, Cox was a federal judge that was recognized as above reproach.

Trump will learn replacing one cog in the wheel, doesn't transform the wheel.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Next

Return to Crime & Punishment