Long Island, New York Serial Killer

Serial Killers, Mass Murder, Unsolved Mysteries, Terrorism. (Description & Links Only)

Re: Long Island, New York Serial Killer

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:15 am

The family of Shannan Gilbert (The Missing Girl Assumed Killed By Serial Killer) has a website http://www.findshannangilbert.com/ is asking for anonymous tips, and provides a google map of where each body was dumped along with additional information.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby DarkFairy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Did you notice the Lookout Point nearby? I wonder if maybe he could be meeting up with them there and then dumping the body nearby. I know it would depend on a number of things including how much it is visited, I don't know why, the spot just caught my eye.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:52 pm

DarkFairy wrote:Did you notice the Lookout Point nearby? I wonder if maybe he could be meeting up with them there and then dumping the body nearby. I know it would depend on a number of things including how much it is visited, I don't know why, the spot just caught my eye.

I didn't notice that till you pointed it out. That is plausable.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby DarkFairy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:31 pm

For some reason when I was looking at the map, the spot just jumped out at me. Maybe too many murder mystery shows! :lol: ;)
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:42 am

The sister of one of the slain prostitutes received several phone calls after her sister disappeared. The first calls gave the family hope that she was still alive but the last call he asked her "Do you think you'll ever see her again?" The caller also told her that he killed her sister after having sex with her. The person hasn't called back. It's possible the caller was a prank from someone other than the killer.
We now know this wasn't a prank because he used the slain prostitutes phone to make the harassing phone calls to.

New website that covers all events of the Long Island Serial Killer. http://www.longislandserialkiller.com

Below is a active profile of the serial killer.

Profiling Long Island’s Mystery Serial Killer: Bright, Careful, Sadistic. He is most likely a white male in his mid-20s to mid-40s. He is married or has a girlfriend. He is well educated and well spoken. He is financially secure, has a job and owns an expensive car or truck. He may have sought treatment at a hospital for poison ivy infection. As part of his job or interests, he has access to, or a stockpile of, burlap sacks. From prison New York's most famous serial killer Joel Rifkin gave his opinion of who the killer might be. He believes that the killer is local, and works in a job in which no one would be suspicious if he carried burlap bags. The killer would be someone like a landscaper, contractor, or a fisherman.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Doc Holliday » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:45 am

I would immediately think the killer would be Joel Rifkin if he were not in prison.
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds. Doc Holliday
Doc Holliday

Postby Wild » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:42 pm

So this is a copycat? Wouldnt they also add that the person would have been very interested in the orginals work?
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Wild wrote:So this is a copycat? Wouldnt they also add that the person would have been very interested in the orginals work?

It could be a copycat because of who he killed (Prostitutes), and the way he disposed of the bodies (Dismembered). With the exception of the way the bodies were dumped. Rifkin dumped his into the East River, and various other locations. The Long Island Serial Killer dumped his bodies in one location. Other than the missing prostitute, and my guess she is in the new dump location. I also would guess that the new locations is out of the Long Island jurisdiction.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby ~CJ~ » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:26 pm

I read somewhere that the reason they are having Joel Lifkin help is because they "think" it may be a copy cat serial killer. Also, they also "think" he may be the killer of several in another state, which may be his new dumping ground.
~CJ~

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 am

It seems the Police Commissioner has gave out information that only the serial killer would know, so he has been ousted from his position.
Police Commissioner Overseeing N.Y. Serial Killer Probe Reportedly Ousted From Post

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/27/police-commissioner-overseeing-ny-serial-killer-probe-reportedly-ousted-post/
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Charles Raleigh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:36 pm

It’s my guess this guy owns his own business if not multiple businesses, and I think the idea that was posted about him being a land skapper is right, most trees come wrapped in burlap sacks around the root ball, he would be plenty strong and probable has storage buildings in the area for his equipment which he could use as his killing place. Just a thought.
Tri City News # News sorce for me.
Charles Raleigh
Cumberland City Council

Postby ~CJ~ » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:03 pm

I've read that some are trying to connect these murders to Joel Rifkin. He is denying the connection citing that this area was not a part of his dumping ground. Authorities have pointed out the similarities are so close to his and all of his victims have not been found.
~CJ~

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:51 am

Offering a reward in a case such as this will get you nothing but 1,000s of phone calls from people reporting their weirdo neighbors.

Police raise reward in Long Island serial killer case

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-16/justice/new.york.bodies_1_reward-money-serial-killer-case-new-jersey-woman?_s=PM:CRIME
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Jack Rabbit » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:14 am

Unbridled Spirit wrote:We need to start our own PlayHouse CSI team! lol

:roll: << Unless I can be on the team ? then>> :D
Jack Rabbit

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:20 am

The remains of all 10 bodies has been disclosed. 8 women, 1 man, and one toddler.

Mom, daughter may be among 10 bodies found near New York beach

http://news.yahoo.com/mom-daughter-may-among-10-bodies-found-near-203935467.html
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

PreviousNext

Return to Crime & Punishment