Pappy Saw His Shadows: 6 More Weeks Of Winter

Discussions about weather around the world. Local Storm Warnings, National Weather Discussion, Tornado's, Hurricane's, Tsunami, Global Warming, Weather Predictions, Weather Folklore, Weather Photography.

Pappy Saw His Shadows: 6 More Weeks Of Winter

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:37 am

I hate reporting this but Pappy saw his shadow this morning so that means we are in for 6 more weeks of winter.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: Pappy Saw His Shadows: 6 More Weeks Of Winter

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:07 am

Someone had to point it out to him. He can't see without his binoculars. Love Ya Pappy lol.
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:58 am

Gunslinger wrote:Someone had to point it out to him. He can't see without his binoculars. Love Ya Pappy lol.

Oh so you and Pappy are close like that?
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gopher » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:57 am

Global Warming is about to freeze me to death. Who's up for a ground hog hunt?
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Legion » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:11 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I hate reporting this but Pappy saw his shadow this morning so that means we are in for 6 more weeks of winter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Gopher wrote:Global Warming is about to freeze me to death. Who's up for a ground hog hunt?

Man Made Global Warming Causes Cold Weather. Cate will explain later lol.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby goat47 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:59 pm

This is hilarious.
Attachments
Snombies-Snow-Zombies.jpg
Snombies-Snow-Zombies.jpg (35.57 KiB) Viewed 297 times
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:05 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:Someone had to point it out to him. He can't see without his binoculars. Love Ya Pappy lol.

Oh so you and Pappy are close like that?

Yes we are! :D
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby ScArEcRoW » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Gopher wrote:Global Warming is about to freeze me to death. Who's up for a ground hog hunt?

Isn't a Gopher like a Groundhog? :lol:
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:34 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

Ok, go ahead and have your yuk yuks. It's not complicated science. Weather and climate are two different things. Weather is measured in the short term. Climate Is measured long term. Climate produces weather, not Vic versa. When oceans are unseasonanlly above average temperature year after year, the short term effect of humidity and precipitation produce snow when reacting with jet streams colder than the oceans temperature. Climate materializes from long term chemical reactions in the atmosphere that directly affect ocean and land temperatures. Climate change is real due to 8 million humans occupying the earth. 6 million more than we're here less than 200 years ago. We all depend on fossil fuels to carry out our day to day activities. That dependency, coupled with a world wide society dependent on "disposables" is what has produced climate change detrimental to every living creature on earth. Except maybe cockroaches.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:36 pm

In the 70s scientists were claiming we were heading toward a ice age.
Demon Hunter

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

Ok, go ahead and have your yuk yuks. It's not complicated science. Weather and climate are two different things. Weather is measured in the short term. Climate Is measured long term. Climate produces weather, not Vic versa. When oceans are unseasonanlly above average temperature year after year, the short term effect of humidity and precipitation produce snow when reacting with jet streams colder than the oceans temperature. Climate materializes from long term chemical reactions in the atmosphere that directly affect ocean and land temperatures. Climate change is real due to 8 million humans occupying the earth. 6 million more than we're here less than 200 years ago. We all depend on fossil fuels to carry out our day to day activities. That dependency, coupled with a world wide society dependent on "disposables" is what has produced climate change detrimental to every living creature on earth. Except maybe cockroaches.

Sounds like settled science to me...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Legion » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

It sounds good Cate, but I don't believe it. :D
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:28 pm

Legion wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:

It sounds good Cate, but I don't believe it. :D

I wish I could find a way not to believe it. Thinking of the long term consequences is overwhelming and unsettling. And sad.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Return to Local-National Weather