Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Discussions about weather around the world. Local Storm Warnings, National Weather Discussion, Tornado's, Hurricane's, Tsunami, Global Warming, Weather Predictions, Weather Folklore, Weather Photography.

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:20 am

I couldn't get anything to give it scale (I tried but Felicia Wooten declined lol), but it's around 10 feet tall. It's still not the biggest one in town. Oh, and this is from the second snow, they hauled off the first snow piles.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20927
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby Legion » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:31 am

A shout out to James Howard and the road crew. They have risked life and limb; worked daylight to dark; in terrible conditions to clean these roads.
Legion
Always A Bride
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby Rip Torn » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:49 am

A big shout out to all those who have been working their butts off in all districts. They're enduring a lot, risking a lot and being cussed, slandered and lied about all the while.
Rip Torn
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby ScArEcRoW » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 am

Rip Torn wrote:A big shout out to all those who have been working their butts off in all districts. They're enduring a lot, risking a lot and being cussed, slandered and lied about all the while.


Facebook Attackers!
User avatar
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2639
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:11 am

The county has contracted 4 graders, 5 backhoes, 3 end loaders and they have worked every day along side the county workers. One tractor trailer load of water has been distributed, and two more are in the process of being handed out today to those without water.

It's going to be above freezing today, so I suggest anyone parked near their roof needs to move their vehicle to another location. Especially those with metal roofs. Water weighs 8lb per liquid gallon, and you will be looking at 1000's of gallons sliding off of roofs today.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20927
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby goat47 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:51 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The county has contracted 4 graders, 5 backhoes, 3 end loaders and they have worked every day along side the county workers. One tractor trailer load of water has been distributed, and two more are in the process of being handed out today to those without water.

It's going to be above freezing today, so I suggest anyone parked near their roof needs to move their vehicle to another location. Especially those with metal roofs. Water weighs 8lb per liquid gallon, and you will be looking at 1000's of gallons sliding off of roofs today.


They have worked their asses off and I for one appreciate it.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby GoDan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:02 pm

goat47 wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The county has contracted 4 graders, 5 backhoes, 3 end loaders and they have worked every day along side the county workers. One tractor trailer load of water has been distributed, and two more are in the process of being handed out today to those without water.

It's going to be above freezing today, so I suggest anyone parked near their roof needs to move their vehicle to another location. Especially those with metal roofs. Water weighs 8lb per liquid gallon, and you will be looking at 1000's of gallons sliding off of roofs today.


They have worked their asses off and I for one appreciate it.


They have done everything that was humanly possible.
GoDan
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:54 pm

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:20 pm

Fire Department's, Harlan County Rescue Squad, The National Guard, and the Red Cross have all chipped in to help.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20927
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:23 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Fire Department's, Harlan County Rescue Squad, The National Guard, and the Red Cross have all chipped in to help.


Good to see the civic minded taking care of business. No matter what people think, when the chips are down here in the good 'ole USA, good people in government and the private sector work together and get the job done. That's what sets Americans apart from a good many places in the world.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10043
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby Pappy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:29 pm

PharmGirl wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
ScArEcRoW wrote:This storm has single handedly destroyed the carport industry.


Your right about that. One destroyed my vehicle. The question I have is who in the hell built the Dollar General Stores? Two in Harlan have collapsed roofs, and I know of another one in Tazewell.


NO!!! Not The Beast?

Was the Beast parked under the Gas shed @ the Commissary?
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby ScArEcRoW » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:27 am

The snow this morning was a nice surprise. :shock:
User avatar
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2639
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:14 pm

Was the Beast parked under the Gas shed @ the Commissary?


Yup. Right behind your free candy van lol.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20927
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby Demon Hunter » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:57 pm

I've never been so sick of snow!
User avatar
Demon Hunter
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:17 am

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:35 am

I have a confession. I'm the one that's been praying for snow.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20927
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Winter Weather Alert: 8-12' of snow!

Postby VoteMout » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:22 pm

You can pay my KU bill.
VoteMout
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 7:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Local-National Weather

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest