Page 2 of 2

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:48 am
by Legion
The Buddy Bench is about as dumb as all these grown women wearing yoga pants but have never done yoga.

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:17 am
by Cate McCalley
Legion wrote:The Buddy Bench is about as dumb as all these grown women wearing yoga pants but have never done yoga.


Or as dumb women defending mysogynist that brag about sexually assaulting them.

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:26 am
by upallnight
Cate McCalley wrote:
Legion wrote:The Buddy Bench is about as dumb as all these grown women wearing yoga pants but have never done yoga.


Or as dumb women defending mysogynist that brag about sexually assaulting them.


Cate will take a jab at Trump no matter the topic lol.

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:49 am
by Cornbread
I'll be the last one to fuss about yogo pants lol.

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:45 am
by GFunkMoneyDog
This is needed in all school systems.

Paddling to be allowed at Three Rivers Independent School District


http://www.caller.com/story/news/education/2017/07/20/three-rivers-isd-students-get-paddled/464387001/

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:27 pm
by Political Plague
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:This is needed in all school systems.

Paddling to be allowed at Three Rivers Independent School District


http://www.caller.com/story/news/education/2017/07/20/three-rivers-isd-students-get-paddled/464387001/


Beat their little asses.

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:12 am
by Cate McCalley
Political Plague wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:This is needed in all school systems.

Paddling to be allowed at Three Rivers Independent School District


http://www.caller.com/story/news/education/2017/07/20/three-rivers-isd-students-get-paddled/464387001/

With
Beat their little asses.


Children learn what they live. 'Beating their asses' teaches them to grow up believing 'beating asses' is the way to resolve issues that cause bad behavior.

Personally I think time out to think about why they are being isolated from their community is more effective.

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:38 pm
by Legion
Everyone under the age of 35 attended school when corporal punishment was a option. Presidents, Governors, CEO's and many other strong successful women and men went to school when paddling was a punishment. Kids now days are babied to death.

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:45 pm
by Cate McCalley
Most parents don't feel it's wrong or damaging to their young children to swat them on the behind a couple of times, to get their attention when their kid is in the throws of a temper tandrum. I've seen toddlers lose their breath throwing a tandrum. A couple of swats on the bottom, to distract them before they reach this unhealthy pitch are necessary, to keep a kid from injuring themselves.

By the time a child is old enough to be in school, the tandrum and inappropriate behavior issues should have already been resolved.

Teachers need to be able to teach academic discipline. Parents are responsible for disciplining their children. Socializing them to interact in a civilized manner with their community.

The problem with corporal punishment is it's propensity to escalate, when it fails to render the desired result. The paddlings may escalate into more severe punishments, i.e., beatings and sometimes brutal assaults.

Study after study on corporal punishment has shown it does more harm than good.

Re: Harlan Ind (structured recess)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:58 pm
by Pappy
Cate McCalley wrote:Most parents don't feel it's wrong or damaging to their young children to swat them on the behind a couple of times, to get their attention when their kid is in the throws of a temper tandrum. I've seen toddlers lose their breath throwing a tandrum. A couple of swats on the bottom, to distract them before they reach this unhealthy pitch are necessary, to keep a kid from injuring themselves.

By the time a child is old enough to be in school, the tandrum and inappropriate behavior issues should have already been resolved.

Teachers need to be able to teach academic discipline. Parents are responsible for disciplining their children. Socializing them to interact in a civilized manner with their community.

The problem with corporal punishment is it's propensity to escalate, when it fails to render the desired result. The paddlings may escalate into more severe punishments, i.e., beatings and sometimes brutal assaults.

Study after study on corporal punishment has shown it does more harm than good.

One of my teachers hit me across the back with a paddle just because I was looking up her dress she had no drawers on so I was just looking at a man cave.