General Motors LIES! Whitehouse.gov LIES!

Non-County related discussion forum.

General Motors LIES! Whitehouse.gov LIES!

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:58 am

GM claims to have repaid the government bailout money, but nothing could be further from the truth. They saved part of the bailout money and used it to repay part of the loan. The CEO then gets on TV bragging that they have paid the loan off early. Which is a total lie. They used TARP money to repay TARP money. The TARP Inspector General is the guy who oversees all TARP funds and has reported to Congress that GM has not repaid it's loans, and only made a partial payment.

On to the second lie. www.whitehouse.gov has a blog about GM repaying the loan. It is a out and out lie, nothing more than a cheap magicians trick. On the website they don't officially state that GM has repaid the loan, they state that GM announced they had repaid the loan.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/04/21/auto-industry-a-year-later
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: General Motors LIES! Whitehouse.gov LIES!

Postby the fluke » Sun May 02, 2010 5:42 am

as high as the prices for a new car are today they should be able to pay it back in one month.
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:23 am

The government plans on selling their General Motors shares this summer at a huge loss. This will be done sooner than expected to protect Obama's re-election campaign.

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:22 am

It's just a 11 billion dollar loss.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby the fluke » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:09 pm

may have to sell some chittlins and corn bread dinners. :lol:
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:36 am

Finally the truth!

Treasury announces GM exit strategy; automaker buying 200 million shares from U.S.

Washington — The Obama administration said Wednesday it will sell 200 million shares — or 40 percent of its remaining stake in General Motors Co. — back to the automaker and announced plans to completely exit the Detroit automaker by March 2014.

Taxpayers will almost certainly lose billions of dollars in the $49.5 billion GM bailout. If the government sold the rest of its stock at current prices, taxpayers would lose more than $13 billion.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121219/AUTO0103/212190382/Treasury-announces-GM-exit-strategy-automaker-buying-200-million-shares-from-U-S-?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Pappy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:44 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:GM claims to have repaid the government bailout money, but nothing could be further from the truth. They saved part of the bailout money and used it to repay part of the loan. The CEO then gets on TV bragging that they have paid the loan off early. Which is a total lie. They used TARP money to repay TARP money. The TARP Inspector General is the guy who oversees all TARP funds and has reported to Congress that GM has not repaid it's loans, and only made a partial payment.

On to the second lie. http://www.whitehouse.gov has a blog about GM repaying the loan. It is a out and out lie, nothing more than a cheap magicians trick. On the website they don't officially state that GM has repaid the loan, they state that GM announced they had repaid the loan.

Where do you get all your Info?Tri City News or the Wallins Jaws express?
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Pappy wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:GM claims to have repaid the government bailout money, but nothing could be further from the truth. They saved part of the bailout money and used it to repay part of the loan. The CEO then gets on TV bragging that they have paid the loan off early. Which is a total lie. They used TARP money to repay TARP money. The TARP Inspector General is the guy who oversees all TARP funds and has reported to Congress that GM has not repaid it's loans, and only made a partial payment.

On to the second lie. http://www.whitehouse.gov has a blog about GM repaying the loan. It is a out and out lie, nothing more than a cheap magicians trick. On the website they don't officially state that GM has repaid the loan, they state that GM announced they had repaid the loan.

Where do you get all your Info?Tri City News or the Wallins Jaws express?

If you read the post above yours you will see that I was correct about the loan non being repaid.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gopher » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:25 pm

I never understood why some men would brag about having a Chevy, and some a Ford. Now the next time I am among men who are talking about who's truck is best I have a reason, and a favorite truck. I'm a FORD man.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby jeepers creepers » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:54 pm

I drive a Ford!

G-Man, I can't really believe that you would think that politicians would lie!! :o
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
jeepers creepers
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:14 am

Gopher wrote:I never understood why some men would brag about having a Chevy, and some a Ford. Now the next time I am among men who are talking about who's truck is best I have a reason, and a favorite truck. I'm a FORD man.

Toyota... Best damned pickup on the road...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Wild » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:07 am

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Gopher wrote:I never understood why some men would brag about having a Chevy, and some a Ford. Now the next time I am among men who are talking about who's truck is best I have a reason, and a favorite truck. I'm a FORD man.

I agree with you Gopher.. FORD!! My little truck had over 450,000 miles on it when it died. Only thing I ever had to do it was change the oil, brakes, tires, and wipers.. oh and had 2 batteries the whole time I owned it.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Wild wrote:
Angry Whiteguy wrote:

I agree with you Gopher.. FORD!! My little truck had over 450,000 miles on it when it died. Only thing I ever had to do it was change the oil, brakes, tires, and wipers.. oh and had 2 batteries the whole time I owned it.

Ur Nose is growing,you cant lie to Liars :geek:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:51 pm

FORD Flimsy Old Rebuilt Dodge
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:49 am

GM Government Motors will be laying off 510 employees from it's Cadillac, and Sonic plants in Michigan.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Next

Return to Random Discussion