General Motors LIES! Whitehouse.gov LIES!

Non-County related discussion forum.

Re: General Motors LIES! Whitehouse.gov LIES!

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:30 am

The United Auto Workers gave GM a strike notice for midnight tonight. I do know that workers recently received a pay raise so I'm not sure of their other issues.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:37 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The United Auto Workers gave GM a strike notice for midnight tonight. I do know that workers recently received a pay raise so I'm not sure of their other issues.

Hopefully job security is at the heart of the strike.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby goat47 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:30 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The United Auto Workers gave GM a strike notice for midnight tonight. I do know that workers recently received a pay raise so I'm not sure of their other issues.

They should be happy they still have a job. GM is closing a parts plant any laying off 500.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:04 pm

The auto makers are all going to soon be out of business anyway... They are being forced and coerced to bring the plants back here, so the unions can put the arm on them... This will in turn make the cars so expensive nobody here can by them in this depressed economy... Looks like unions are cutting their noses off to piss off their faces... I guess we will all be able to see them put that half a loaf theory into action... If I'm going to pay $137,000.00 for a car it won't be any GM, Chrysler, or Ford junk... It'll be what I drive now...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:10 pm

goat47 wrote:

They should be happy they still have a job. GM is closing a parts plant any laying off 500.

Don't beat me mas'er...I be good....

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:24 am

GM and the union have came to a "tentative" agreement. Of course it includes significant wage increases. A new hire can reach the peak pay of $29.00 a hour in less than 8 years.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:39 am

This place has turned anti union!
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:00 am

Gunslinger wrote:This place has turned anti union!

We didn't leave the unions they left us...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby goat47 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:24 pm

Look at the shape of today's unions. The teachers union's useless. The Teamsters are long time crooks. It's no wonder they are all members of the Democrat Party.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:10 pm

goat47 wrote:Look at the shape of today's unions. The teachers union's useless. The Teamsters are long time crooks. It's no wonder they are all members of the Democrat Party.

Let's also take a look at todays U.S. economy, where unions represent less than 7% of U.S. workers, as opposed to the economy in 1980, when U.S. unionized workers were 20%. Better economy or worse?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:54 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
goat47 wrote:Look at the shape of today's unions. The teachers union's useless. The Teamsters are long time crooks. It's no wonder they are all members of the Democrat Party.

Let's also take a look at todays U.S. economy, where unions represent less than 7% of U.S. workers, as opposed to the economy in 1980, when U.S. unionized workers were 20%. Better economy or worse?

That's pretty good... One has nothing to do with the other tho...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cornbread » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Union wages are higher but they produce a higher priced product. I support the rights of workers to unionize.
Cornbread
Django

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

That's pretty good... One has nothing to do with the other tho...

So if unions helping workers make a living wage didn't crash our economy.....what did?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby upallnight » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:28 am

Cate McCalley wrote:

Didn't you say the 80's were terrible because of Reagan?
upallnight

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:45 am

Cornbread wrote:Union wages are higher but they produce a higher priced product. I support the rights of workers to unionize.

I do too, but I think it should be a choice... I also think the unions need to be cleaned up... Too much money, temptation, and ease of access to be worth a shit any more... Now that honesty and integrity have been made archaic and taboo terms in our modern secular/progressive society, these unions can no longer be allowed to police themselves... I wish it wasn't that way, but sadly it is... I have been a member of five different unions in my work career, so I'm not some outsider looking at the surface and making an assessment... None of them are what they were intended to be, none.!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

PreviousNext

Return to Random Discussion