Steubenville High School rape case

Non-County related discussion forum.

Re: 2 Ohio Fball players found guilty of raping 16 yr old gi

Postby clark bailey » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:38 am

The CNN reporter is outraged that people are outraged at her.

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/03/20/cn ... -petition/
clark bailey

Postby clark bailey » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:40 am

Gurt B Frobe wrote:In all seriousness, the girl's life has been altered forever no matter what happens to the punk ass rapists. Same as any girl or boy at any age who has been a victim of a heinous crime. Most punk asses are never caught either.

Judging from the link Funk sent it appears quite a few punks got out of being charged here that quite possibly should have been.
clark bailey

Postby Gopher » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 am

clark bailey wrote:
Gurt B Frobe wrote:In all seriousness, the girl's life has been altered forever no matter what happens to the punk ass rapists. Same as any girl or boy at any age who has been a victim of a heinous crime. Most punk asses are never caught either.

Judging from the link Funk sent it appears quite a few punks got out of being charged here that quite possibly should have been.

A few punks, a few parents, a few educators, a few coaches, a few police officers.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:00 am

clark bailey wrote:The CNN reporter is outraged that people are outraged at her.

Is she outraged because a few peeople in America actually still care about victims instead of sports?? smh.. idiot!
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 pm

The more I read about this the more mad I get.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Legion » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:50 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:That is the most God Forsaken town, school, sports program I have ever had the displeasure of learning about.

I heard of two from Cumberland got caught shoplifting at walmart and the manager called the coach who smoothed it out.

Additional Details?

Larkey let's his players run wild, and they have no discipline. They talk back and curse the other coaches without any repercussions. If they get in trouble at school the principal let's the coach handle it so they don't get suspended.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Gopher » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:49 am

If that's the case it's just a matter of time before we have an incident. Looks as though sexual assault and successful football teams go hand in hand.

Is Torrington another Steubenville?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/torrington-steubenville-rape-assault-victim-twitter-163530296.html
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:30 am

Gopher wrote:If that's the case it's just a matter of time before we have an incident. Looks as though sexual assault and successful football teams go hand in hand.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/torrington-steubenville-rape-assault-victim-twitter-163530296.html

I do know that football players at HC are cocky, but I don't see it going to the levels mentioned in this topic. I'm not sure if they receive any preferential treatment or not, but as for local athletes go we don't have any blue chip athletes, nor do I forsee any in the near future.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gopher » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Unbridled Spirit wrote:
clark bailey wrote:The CNN reporter is outraged that people are outraged at her.

Is she outraged because a few peeople in America actually still care about victims instead of sports?? smh.. idiot!

I would say she had her share of football players in high school.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Wild » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:59 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Gopher wrote:If that's the case it's just a matter of time before we have an incident. Looks as though sexual assault and successful football teams go hand in hand.

I do know that football players at HC are cocky, but I don't see it going to the levels mentioned in this topic. I'm not sure if they receive any preferential treatment or not, but as for local athletes go we don't have any blue chip athletes, nor do I forsee any in the near future.

I can't say anything bad about Larkey's football program. I know several of the coaches are christian men and don't care to tell, show, and live the life. I know that when the boy got sick last year, Larkey called, txt, and kept up with his progress. He was always encouraging, and still to this day will stop the boy and talk. All the coaches had done him that way. I can't see Larkey allowing a boy to be a punk and get away with it. I know he was and is strict with those boys. He is a father figure to some of them.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:08 am

Not heard much good about Larkey.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Wild » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:23 am

Gurt B Frobe wrote:Not heard much good about Larkey.

I can only go on my experience with him as a coach. He was an excellent man with him and truthfully most of those coaches ALL was outstanding in how they treated my son.
People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -Marilyn
Negative people will bring you down. Positive people will bring you up... Make the right choice of the people you have in your life.
Wild
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:00 pm

I will ask a few players and see what's up with the team, and coaches.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Meadow » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Of course they get special treatment. Have you not tried to watch tv the last four days?
Meadow

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:02 am

All sports participants get special treatment- even in Jr. high. Just the way its always been.
Unbridled Spirit

PreviousNext

Return to Random Discussion