Vegas Mass Murder

Non-County related discussion forum.

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Briscoe wrote:cate, i got your bump stock...hanging.


Sorry ‘bout your luck Briscoe. Maybe Pappy will slide you some Mycoxsaflopin?


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:51 pm

CNN showed a demonstration of a "bump stock" lol. They showed the adjustable stock.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20926
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Political Plague » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:52 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:CNN showed a demonstration of a "bump stock" lol. They showed the adjustable stock.


Cate will be along shortly to set the story right.
Political Plague
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Political Plague wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:CNN showed a demonstration of a "bump stock" lol. They showed the adjustable stock.


Cate will be along shortly to set the story right.


Seriously, what does it matter? The only thing the public is interested in, is the semi-automatic weapon can be easily fitted to fire many rounds of ammunition automatically.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby PharmGirl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:34 am

How did a 60 something year old man lug 100's of pounds of weapons and ammo into his room on the 32nd floor unseen by security cameras? If you've been to Vegas you would know that your every move in these hotels and casinos are watched.
PharmGirl
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:35 pm

PharmGirl wrote:How did a 60 something year old man lug 100's of pounds of weapons and ammo into his room on the 32nd floor unseen by security cameras? If you've been to Vegas you would know that your every move in these hotels and casinos are watched.


He was seen. Security camera’s show him moving 10 suitcases into his room.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby VoteMout » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
PharmGirl wrote:How did a 60 something year old man lug 100's of pounds of weapons and ammo into his room on the 32nd floor unseen by security cameras? If you've been to Vegas you would know that your every move in these hotels and casinos are watched.


He was seen. Security camera’s show him moving 10 suitcases into his room.


How didn't that raise a suspicion?
VoteMout
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:50 pm

VoteMout wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:
PharmGirl wrote:How did a 60 something year old man lug 100's of pounds of weapons and ammo into his room on the 32nd floor unseen by security cameras? If you've been to Vegas you would know that your every move in these hotels and casinos are watched.


He was seen. Security camera’s show him moving 10 suitcases into his room.


How didn't that raise a suspicion?


You haven’t heard? ‘What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas’?


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:22 pm

The State of Nevada is pretty much wide open when it comes to gun sales and ownership. Nevada voters agreed by referendum to require gun locally managed gun registration, but Nevada’s Attorney General says the referendum in enforceable.

Stephen Paddock, with refitted semi-automatic weapons firing a little more than 1.000 rounds of ammunition in less than six minutes, achieved a kill ratio of a little more than half of one percent, .058% per bullet fired. His rate of physical injury per bullet fired (that includes panic stampeding injuries and ammo wounds) was much higher, about 45%.

Paddock fired indiscriminately into the crowd, spraying shots from the performance stage to the outside human border of concert attendees.

I have a question for you gun enthusiast, that know something about capability, range, etc.

Given the same exact considerations of the physical circumstance, the suite from which Paddock opened fire, the number of concert attendees, hotel security and law enforcement response times, etc., how many people could Paddock possibly killed and injured with the same exact semi automatic firearms he used, without having refitted them with bump stocks (or silencers for that matter)?


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Demon Hunter » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:52 pm

My estimate would be 1/3 of the firing speed, but with a semi automatic he would have more accuracy.
User avatar
Demon Hunter
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:17 am

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:40 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:My estimate would be 1/3 of the firing speed, but with a semi automatic he would have more accuracy.


Are you saying had Paddock used a semi-automatic rifle that had not been refitted to fire automatically, he could have shot and wounded about 20 people in the six minute time frame he was firing? That means in 360 seconds, Paddock would have to make 20 consecutive no miss hits every 18 seconds. Assuming the majority of the attendees would remain standing or seated and unaware, attributing the semi-automatic shots to firecrackers, would 18 seconds be enough to line up a target, fire and successfully hit 20 people? Wouldn’t that be a challenge, even for a trained and excellent sharp shooter?


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Demon Hunter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Isn't it strange that within less than 24 hours the FBI can claim he's a lone shooter, but can't prove Trumps non existant collusion with Russia.
User avatar
Demon Hunter
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:17 am

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:Isn't it strange that within less than 24 hours the FBI can claim he's a lone shooter, but can't prove Trumps non existant collusion with Russia.


Neither investigation is concluded, both are on going. As such, the only people prematurely reaching a conclusion to either investigation, are those that have reached a conclusion.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby ScArEcRoW » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Sorta like Hillary and the Russian Uranium that keeps popping back up.
User avatar
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2639
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:46 am

Re: Vegas Mass Murder

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:26 pm

ScArEcRoW wrote:Sorta like Hillary and the Russian Uranium that keeps popping back up.


What happened? Congress & the FBI investigating the Russian uranium sale? Hadn’t heard that. Must of overslept.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Random Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests