Should prostitution be legal or illegal?

Non-County related discussion forum.

Re: Should prostitution be legal or illegal?

Postby carbon-15 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:All restrictions on prostitution should be removed for any consenting adult 23 years of age or older, except for the mentally ill or brain damaged. At the same time the death penalty without exception, should be imposed for anyone involved in human trafficking.

Where did you come up with the age 23?
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Political Plague » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:26 pm

carbon-15 wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:All restrictions on prostitution should be removed for any consenting adult 23 years of age or older, except for the mentally ill or brain damaged. At the same time the death penalty without exception, should be imposed for anyone involved in human trafficking.

Let me see if I get this right. Abortion under 16 needs parential consent. Abortion is fully legal at age 16. You can join the military and fight for your counrtry at age 18. You can legally drink alcohohl at age 21. But 23 is the age where your mature enough to become a prostitute? Anyone see any logic in this?
Political Plague

Postby Mermaid » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:34 pm

Political Plague wrote:
carbon-15 wrote:

Let me see if I get this right. Abortion under 16 needs parential consent. Abortion is fully legal at age 16. You can join the military and fight for your counrtry at age 18. You can legally drink alcohohl at age 21. But 23 is the age where your mature enough to become a prostitute? Anyone see any logic in this?

Ummm. I'm not sure....
Mermaid
The First Lady

Postby VoteMout » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Political Plague wrote:
carbon-15 wrote:

Not one stitch of logic.
VoteMout

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:53 pm

You don't see the logic because you haven't been exposed to how the human mind matures.

The frontal lobes of the normal human brain, (Cortex) do not reach full maturity (growth) until the age of 22 to 23. The Cortex is the part of the brain that enables humans to make sound executive decisions.

Decisions like finding a suitable longterm mate, which career path to take, etc. In other words the 23 year old should be able to make some sound executive decisions about what they need as well as begin to figure out which paths are available to them will assist.

People should be legally protected from making executive decisions with long term negative consequences, such as prostituting themselves, when evidence has shown the human brain is insufficiently mature enough to make that category of decisions.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:24 am

Their is your logic :)
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Mermaid » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:52 pm

must be whats wrong with farmwhore.
Mermaid
The First Lady

Postby PharmGirl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:26 pm

I'm yet to figure out what's wrong with MermaidMan.
PharmGirl

Postby Pappy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:39 pm

PharmGirl wrote:I'm yet to figure out what's wrong with MermaidMan.

She cant give it away.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Mermaid » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Shut up Old White Man.
Mermaid
The First Lady

Postby PharmGirl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:25 pm

Dirty White Boy wrote:
PharmGirl wrote:I'm yet to figure out what's wrong with MermaidMan.

She cant give it away.

LOL @ Pappy!!
PharmGirl

Previous

Return to Random Discussion