Trump's ties to Russia

Non-County related discussion forum.

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Gopher » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:19 pm

I'm guessing it came from CNN Cate's News Network.
User avatar
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Cornbread » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:28 pm

User avatar
Cornbread
Django
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 am

Paul Manafort, Trumps Campaign Mngr. for five months, has been indicted for Conspiracy Against the U.S.A, Conspiracy to Launder Money and lying. The lying charge must come from Manafort’s interview with Congress and the FBI.

Manafort’s long time business partner, Rick Gates, was also indicated.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:09 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
Paul Manafort, Trumps Campaign Mngr. for five months, has been indicted for Conspiracy Against the U.S.A, Conspiracy to Launder Money and lying. The lying charge must come from Manafort’s interview with Congress and the FBI.

Manafort’s long time business partner, Rick Gates, was also indicated.


Rick Gates has also been indicted.

Earlier this month, Trump Campaign Foreign Policy Advisor George Papadopoulos, pled guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian officials.

Tony Podesta, brother of former DNC Chair John Podesta, and head of the powerful Democrat Washington lobbying firm ‘The Podesta Group’ has stepped down from the firm he founded and bears his name.

Last Spring, The Podesta Group confirmed to the DOJ that it had done Public Relations work for the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine. An organization that benefited the same Ukrainian political party that Manafort once advised, that resulted in the election of the Pro-Russia Ukraine President (subsequently forced out of office). The Podesta Group contends they took the work believing their new client, The European Centre for a Modern Ukraine, was a European think tank unaffiliated with any political party.

The Special Prosecutor apparently has hold of a main thread with the potential to unravel the cloak of darkness, surrounding Trump and his Adminstration’s ties to Putin’s Russia.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:28 am

Who is George Papadopoulos?

According to the Trump WH, GP (George Papadopoulos) was a low level volunteer Trump campaign worker, much like a ‘coffe boy’. The Trump Administration has taken the position GP was a unimportant, non influential minion that was basically a non-entity, now turn big fat liar.

So...who is George Papadopolus?

According to film footage of Trump Advisors sitting at the table with then Presidential Candidate Donald Trump, who identified and introduced George Papadopolus (and Carter Page) to the Washington Post reporter in March, 2016, Papadopolus & Carter were members of Trump’s Foreign Advisory Council. Trump is on record stating Papadopolus is an ‘excellent guy’.

Less than one month later, on April 6th, a reporter with the New York Times got wind that a Professor had contacted Papadopolus telling him he has dirt on Clinton verified by thousands of emails.

In May, Paul Manafort instructs his side kick, Rick Gates to inform Papadopoulos ‘DT will not be doing these trips. It should be someone low level as not to send any signal. Presumably this edict was in response to Papadopolous pressure for Trump to take meeting with someone about his newly discovers ‘dirt on Clinton’.

On June 10th, Rob Goldfarb, a friend of Trumps also in the entertainment business, emails Donald Trump, Jr. promising ‘dirt on Clinton’. Donald Jr., replies ‘If it’s what you say, I love it’.

On June 16th, Donald Jr., Paul Manafort, Jared Kushner, Rob Goldfard met at the Trump Tower with four Russian. Nationals. A meeting that Donald Jr. admits was for the purpose of obtaining dirt on Clinton that wasn’t delivered.

On July 7th Carter Page travels to Moscow.

On July 14th one week later, George Papadopoulos sends an email to FC2 (presumably foreign contact 2) proposing that he and Manafort meet with him sometime in August or early September in London.

One week later, on July 22nd Wikileaks released the first DNC email dumps.

On July 27th, on national TV, Presidential Candidate Trump appeals to Russia to find his opponent, Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 deleted emails.

The same day, July 27th, the FBI arrested George Papadopoulos, and according to court documents request all matters in the proceeding be sealed. Citing the reason for the request was because ‘the defendant will cooperate with the government and public disclosure would significantly undermine his ability to serve as a proactive cooperator’

Oct. 5th, Papadopoulos pleads guilty to lying to the FBI.

So...what happened to Papadopoulos proposed meeting with FC2 and Paul Manafort in London? Did it take place? If so we know that Papadopoulos was a ‘proactive cooperator’ with the FBI after his July 27th FBI arrest. If the meeting did take place, was Papadopoulos wired?

What lie did Papadopoulos tell the FBI that he subsequently pled guilty plea to? Is the guilty plea the end of the FBIs involvement with any wrong doing of Papadopoulos? Or is it the beginning of a story under sealed court documents?

We don’t know. We do know that George Papadopoulos was very much more than the equivalent of a Trump campaign volunteer ‘coffee boy’.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:17 pm

Papadopoulos is trying to save his own ass.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
User avatar
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather
 
Posts: 20926
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Political Plague » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:46 pm

If the Feds had this man under investigation shouldn't they have came forward to tell a front running leading Presidential Candidate this information???
Political Plague
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Political Plague wrote:If the Feds had this man under investigation shouldn't they have came forward to tell a front running leading Presidential Candidate this information???



Are you kidding?

What if Boeing’s CEO was interviewing someone under FBI investigation for a CFO position, do you think the FBI should inform the CEO? Can you imagine the lawsuit that would follow if the investigation didn’t culminate in the person being indicted for a federal offense?

This is why the FBI can’t volunteer any information. A Grand Jury not the FBI, chooses to indict or not. The most they will do when asked, is confirm someone is not under investigation.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Gopher » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:21 pm

A candidate running for the highest office in the world should be informed that someone on staff is under investigation.
User avatar
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Gopher wrote:A candidate running for the highest office in the world should be informed that someone on staff is under investigation.


We don’t know that Trump wasn’t informed. Though Manafort was actively supporting Trump throughout his campaign, he was Trump’s Campaign Chair for a little over 3 months.

I have some thoughts about why Trump kept Comey after the transition. Maybe Comey was expected to do something he couldn’t do (like drop Mike Flynn’s investigation). After Jeff Sessions recused himself from the investigation, Comey couldn’t have re-directed the investigation even if he wanted to. Sessions has been in politics his entire life. He wasn’t about to leave himself unprotected.

The Senate Intelligence Committee is recalling Sessions for further testimony. They want him to deny or confirm Papadopoulos claim, that Sessions wanted ‘somebody’ to shut Papadopoulos’ discussion down about Trump meeting with the Russians for dirt on Clinton. Sessions purportedly was very much against meeting with the Russians.

It’s a Catch 22 for Sessions. Even though he probably tried to steer Trump away from interacting with Russian Nationals, he didn’t come clean at his Confirmation hearing, or with the Senate Intelligence Committee about knowledge of Russian interference in the election.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby goat47 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:53 am

Nothing + Nothing = Nothing.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:09 pm

goat47 wrote:Nothing + Nothing = Nothing.


Jeff Sessions DOJ’s in May, 2017 settled a $230 million U.S. government lawsuit against a Russian company for $6 million. The government had evidence of a widespread fraud and money laundering scheme against 11 Russian companies, investing in high end real estate in Manhattan.. A $230 million fraud and money laundering lawsuit involving the purchase of Manhattan, NY real estate is not a ‘nothing burger’.

The fact the case was settled shortly after Trump fired the DOJ attorney handling the case is not a ‘nothing burger’. Interestingly, Trump had previously asked the attorney to stay on, then unexpectedly fired him. Also interesting, was the actions of the attorney that was fired. In that he took pains to avoid receiving his formal ‘pink slip’, and is known to have stayed on the job until the last hour legally permitted.

The interim appointed DOJ Attorney that settled the case, reported the $6 million settlement was 3x more than the $1.9 million the government had established in proof of fraudulent money laundering in purchases of high end Manhattan real estate. One can only guess what the fired attorney was doing in his office up to the last hour. Cleaning out his desk? Documenting evidence? Who knows?

This is a very relevant ‘something’, since one of the Russian Nationals that met with Donald Trump, Jr. on June 16th, 2016 (where Trump Jr. admits it was to obtain ‘dirt’ on Hillary Clinton) is the same attorney representing the Russian company the U.S. government was suing, and settled for $6 million this past May. The same meeting Trump Jr. originally claimed was about ‘adoptions of Russian children’ that Putin had stopped, because of sanctions the Obama Administration had levied on Russia. Sanctions due to evidence of Russian oligarchy money laundering into Manhattan real estate.

Russian Attorney Magnitsky, that blew the whistle on the Russian oligarchy scam (that robbed the Russia Federation Treasury of hundreds of millions equivalent U.S.dollars) was arrested and beaten to death in a Russian prison. Congress imposed sanctions via The Magnitsky Act on Russia, specifically because of the bloody trail of fraud and money laundering the 11 Russian companies were involved with. Also not a ‘nothing burger’. In fact, this big fat triple decker has been on the grill for years.

Guess we don’t have to ask why Trump wouldn’t (and won’t) release his tax returns.


https://youtu.be/Ao1x8rG0FbA

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ering-case


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Pappy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
goat47 wrote:Nothing + Nothing = Nothing.


Jeff Sessions DOJ’s in May, 2017 settled a $230 million U.S. government lawsuit against a Russian company for $6 million. The government had evidence of a widespread fraud and money laundering scheme against 11 Russian companies, investing in high end real estate in Manhattan.. A $230 million fraud and money laundering lawsuit involving the purchase of Manhattan, NY real estate is not a ‘nothing burger’.

The fact the case was settled shortly after Trump fired the DOJ attorney handling the case is not a ‘nothing burger’. Interestingly, Trump had previously asked the attorney to stay on, then unexpectedly fired him. Also interesting, was the actions of the attorney that was fired. In that he took pains to avoid receiving his formal ‘pink slip’, and is known to have stayed on the job until the last hour legally permitted.

The interim appointed DOJ Attorney that settled the case, reported the $6 million settlement was 3x more than the $1.9 million the government had established in proof of fraudulent money laundering in purchases of high end Manhattan real estate. One can only guess what the fired attorney was doing in his office up to the last hour. Cleaning out his desk? Documenting evidence? Who knows?

This is a very relevant ‘something’, since one of the Russian Nationals that met with Donald Trump, Jr. on June 16th, 2016 (where Trump Jr. admits it was to obtain ‘dirt’ on Hillary Clinton) is the same attorney representing the Russian company the U.S. government was suing, and settled for $6 million this past May. The same meeting Trump Jr. originally claimed was about ‘adoptions of Russian children’ that Putin had stopped, because of sanctions the Obama Administration had levied on Russia. Sanctions due to evidence of Russian oligarchy money laundering into Manhattan real estate.

Russian Attorney Magnitsky, that blew the whistle on the Russian oligarchy scam (that robbed the Russia Federation Treasury of hundreds of millions equivalent U.S.dollars) was arrested and beaten to death in a Russian prison. Congress imposed sanctions via The Magnitsky Act on Russia, specifically because of the bloody trail of fraud and money laundering the 11 Russian companies were involved with. Also not a ‘nothing burger’. In fact, this big fat triple decker has been on the grill for years.

Guess we don’t have to ask why Trump wouldn’t (and won’t) release his tax returns.


https://youtu.be/Ao1x8rG0FbA

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ering-case

Release yours to us we want to know.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Pappy, if I ever ask for your confidence and vote (even for county dog catcher) my tax forms would be released on the day I announced my candidacy.

Just as I have no need or intention of asking for anyone’s vote or confidence, I have no need or intention of making my tax forms public.

There’s a reason the public should be able to see the kinds of investments and businesses anyone running for the highest office in our nation. It’s to determine if a President would have interest contrary to our national security and safety.

Over 13 million documents are in the recently released ‘Paradise Papers’. Documents that name 120,000 people and companies invested in offshore accounts of more than $10 Trillion that pay no taxes. Among those whose financial affairs are mentioned are Queen Elizabeth II, the President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos, and the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross, with more ‘bigly’ names to come.

You tell me...why would anyone wanting to honestly do the best possible job for the people in this country, not be willing to share their financial information and tax forms with the people? Is the person asking the public to loan them their trust any different that someone asking a bank for a loan?

How is it okay for a Loan Officer to expect a financial statement, and tax form filings to confirm a person is qualified and trustworthy enough to pay back the bank’s investment, but it’s not okay to expect a Presidential Candidate to prove his/her financial and tax filings confirming their qualifications and trustworthiness?

Bottom line....it’s not ‘okay’.


Time & Tide Changes Everything
User avatar
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)
 
Posts: 10034
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: Trump's ties to Russia

Postby Pappy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:23 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:Pappy, if I ever ask for your confidence and vote (even for county dog catcher) my tax forms would be released on the day I announced my candidacy.

Just as I have no need or intention of asking for anyone’s vote or confidence, I have no need or intention of making my tax forms public.

There’s a reason the public should be able to see the kinds of investments and businesses anyone running for the highest office in our nation. It’s to determine if a President would have interest contrary to our national security and safety.

Over 13 million documents are in the recently released ‘Paradise Papers’. Documents that name 120,000 people and companies invested in offshore accounts of more than $10 Trillion that pay no taxes. Among those whose financial affairs are mentioned are Queen Elizabeth II, the President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos, and the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross, with more ‘bigly’ names to come.

You tell me...why would anyone wanting to honestly do the best possible job for the people in this country, not be willing to share their financial information and tax forms with the people? Is the person asking the public to loan them their trust any different that someone asking a bank for a loan?

How is it okay for a Loan Officer to expect a financial statement, and tax form filings to confirm a person is qualified and trustworthy enough to pay back the bank’s investment, but it’s not okay to expect a Presidential Candidate to prove his/her financial and tax filings confirming their qualifications and trustworthiness?

Bottom line....it’s not ‘okay’.

Cate im not talking tax returns.LMAO
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Random Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests