The Declaration of Independence

Non-County related discussion forum.

Re: The Declaration of Independence

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:03 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The VA is a single payer insurance program and it's still a mess.

I haven't seen any news about the VA medical delivery system since last year's election. I know Obama and Congress allocated $60 billion for outside referrals to clean up the appointment backlogs.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:07 am

Throwing money at a problem doesn't necessarily fix it. One quick search shows it's still a cluster f.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:54 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Throwing money at a problem doesn't necessarily fix it. One quick search shows it's still a cluster f.

I did that quick search and found according to the Daily Press, that in fact "Choice", the VA program Bernie Sanders sponsored that gave $60 billion to clear VA backlogs has worked. Congress' bipartisan committee on VA affairs are proposing interim funding to continue the "Choice" program that will run out of money in September, while they are working to create a permanent solution to resolve the past problems with Veteran's medical care.

The VA isn't the only institution that has been crippled by the past decades of Congressional partisanship. Partisanship has broken Congress itself.

Yet, your ignorant President keeps advocating even more partisanship! The only thing Trump can be credited for is inadvertently making Congress consider bipartisanship as a means to heal itself, and work for best interest of the nation, it's Security and it's people, rather than their Party's interest.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gopher » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:25 pm

So 60 billion was only part time fix? They need another 60 billion?
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Gopher wrote:So 60 billion was only part time fix? They need another 60 billion?
'they' rather we, all of us...need a single payer system.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cornbread » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:28 pm

You mean a one size fits all paid for by the government/tax payers?
Cornbread
Django

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Cornbread wrote:You mean a one size fits all paid for by the government/tax payers?

I mean like corporations outside of the health insurance, phamaceuticals, medical device companies and AMA having the opportunity to provide health care to their employees, using the power of a single payer system to control cost of the above noted sector that is more than 17% of our GDP.

I contributed 1.45% of my gross earnings and my employers matched them for 33 years. I am still paying a monthly premium for Medicare from my monthly social security benefit. My total liability for any health problem I have is $6,700 a year. I'm very happy to have Medicare. I can choose from a variety of insurance carriers that will cover my annual put of pocket cost, that offer anything that Medicare doesn't cover.

Medical Insurance should be mandatory and Medicare should be expanded and offered to everyone, on a sliding scale for premiums required, based on accumulated employee/employer contributions. In this way the young and healthy would see the benefit in contributing to medical coverage they will have when they are no longer young and healthy.

There are several reasons I shop at big box stores that require an annual membership fee. Higher quality of products offered, less waste packaging smaller items, no plastic or paper shopping bag waste, big volume buying savings, fewer shopping trips (saving time, gas and unnecessary miles), plus an annual 2% rebate that more than covers my annual membership fee

For example I buy 25 lb of rice at the big box store that cost $8.40. If I were to by the same amount of rice at Walmart in 2 lb bags, for $2.80 I would pay $35.00. The point is volume purchasing cuts waste and delivers quality. While there may not be 6 different brands of rice at a big box store, you will find the same variety of different rices offered at Walmart at the big box store (and probably more) for less money.

The same principal of unnecessary waste and quality control is applied to a single payer medical care delivery system. Volume purchasing controls quality and eliminates a lot of waste.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gopher » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Now I wan't Chicken Fried Rice from Panda Garden.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Previous

Return to Random Discussion