The Declaration of Independence

Non-County related discussion forum.

The Declaration of Independence

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:44 am

Thomas Jeffersons Declaration of Independence from British Crown rule was signed on July 2nd, 1776. It was formally adopted on July 4th, 1776. On July 3rd, 1776, King George wrote in his diary 'Nothing eventful happened today'.

Many people have not read or heard the Declaration in it's entirety. It's incredibly informative, giving insight to how and why it became necessary for Americans to form and sustain our own government. I'm posting this for your listening pleasure.

https://youtu.be/OWoxGez0AfU

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Re: The Declaration of Independence

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm proud to be an American!
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:14 pm

America By God! :D
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby upallnight » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:37 pm

There are five references to God in the Declaration of Independence.
upallnight

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 pm

CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:America By God! :D

That's my saying lol.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Political Plague » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:22 pm

My favorite line by Thomas Jefferson.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."
Political Plague

Postby upallnight » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Our Founding Fathers were absolutly brilliant men.
upallnight

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:00 pm

upallnight wrote:Our Founding Fathers were absolutly brilliant men.

Indeed they were. Very few U.S. Presidents have abandoned our forefathers convictions, as your President Trump has.

'The Declaration of Independence was much more than a proclamation of separation from the Mother Country. It provided the blueprint, the ‘fundamental precepts’, for a new government. Americans broke away from the British Empire in the 1770s, in part, because they rejected restrictions on trade and immigration.'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/aeon.co/am ... -immigrant

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GoDan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:42 am

LOL @ Cate has Trumpsyndrome. She see's him in every topic.
GoDan

Postby PharmGirl » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:52 am

Not if we're getting screwed on the trade deal.
PharmGirl

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:20 am

GoDan wrote:LOL @ Cate has Trumpsyndrome. She see's him in every topic.

My papaw didn't mince words when he said he hated a liar and a thief, warning his kids and grandkids not to trust either. I don't trust Trump, or anything he says or does. He's an embarrassment to our nation's highest office.

Habitual lying and thievery aren't your President's only crippling character flaws. He's also a confirmed misogynist and narcissistic ego maniac.

I don't think I will ever understand how so many people could have trusted such an obvious fake. Maybe part of the reason it's so difficult for me to accept, is that I would have to also have to question if a good part of our society isn't just as corrupt and fake as he is?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:13 am

The same way your ass trusted fake Obama. He told the biggest lie of all lies. If you like your policy you can keep your policy. All the while knowing it wasn't true.
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:48 am

Demon Hunter wrote:The same way your ass trusted fake Obama. He told the biggest lie of all lies. If you like your policy you can keep your policy. All the while knowing it wasn't true.

Lol! Like that compares with 'Hussein had WMD's', or the 200+ 'Hyperboles' and out right lies your President has spread just this past year alone. Not counting the Obama 'birthed lie' he had to drop because even the most gullible couldn't defend.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:06 pm

PharmGirl wrote:Not if we're getting screwed on the trade deal.

Your President, through sheer ignorance is at the moment is screwing the U.S. on trade deals that once in place, cannot be reversed. I'm old and I won't live long enough to suffer any real economic loss from this idiot's short time at the helm. But if you're under 30 you will bear the full consequence of any success he has.

Please allow me yet another lengthy diatribe explaining what your President is doing. There's no simple way to explain the complexity of international trade;

You may not know that Japan has entered into an Agreement with Germany, (that also leads the EU) to reduce all trade barriers to their barest minimum?

Germany has agreed to lower it's 10% tariff on Japanese auto's to zero over the next 7 years, in exchange for Japan zeroing out tariffs on Germany's food imports.

Any idea on what that means for U.S. automakers with a thriving European market? Or what it means to our U.S. Agricultural industry?

Any idea what it means when Japan, the third largest economy in the world, reaches an agreement with the Germany (that leads the European Union) as economically significant in scope as our own NAFTA pact?

Maybe this will give you some idea.

The G-20 countries are; Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Italy, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Turkey & the U.S. the UK and the European Union.

The European Union had 28 member states that form an economically protected trade bloc.

Those 28 countries are; Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK. The U.K. has withdrawn from the EU to a degree, but is now trying to preserve it's trade protections negotiated by the EU agreement. PM May's Party recently lost UK's parliamentary majority, leaving Britian's complete exit from the EU questionable.

Collectively the G-20 members make up more than 80 percent of the global economy, around 75 percent of global trade and nearly two-thirds of the world's population.

Germany's true GDP per capita adjusted for purchasing power because it factors in exchange rates, ranks third in the world. Saudi Arabia second & the U. S. first.

Your President's trip to Poland was for Poland's assistance in persuading the Eastern European countries of the EU,
Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, The Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia to reject Germany's trade pact with Japan.

In exchange the U.S. would make Poland's pre WW2 'Three Seas' initiative a reality. An initiative that would rebuild and tie these Eastern European countries infrastructure and energy grids together.

The chances of this happening are slim to none. Most of the EU's Eastern Countries are dependent on Russia's oil and gas supplies. Something the world glut of natural gas prevents the U.S. from interrupting.

Your President does not have the intellect, skills or wisdom to understand, negotiate or protect U.S. trade interest. The problem is that he is just stupid enough to believe he does.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cornbread » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:47 am

Where's The Beef? A deal is in place that gets US beef into China. Discussing other Ag products.
Cornbread
Django

Next

Return to Random Discussion