Bad Branch Falls

Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, survival preparedness, firearms and ammunition.

Re: Bad Branch Falls

Postby Meadow » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:28 pm

Cigar Box wrote:Y'all throw some damn good pity parties. Whiny whine whine. Harlan's number one problem is everyone complains about what they don't have and don't even know what they do have right out their back door. I bet if y'all spend the time an effort you spent on whining on finding your strengths and assets, Harlan County would be the best damned county in Kentucky.

Lakes are contaminated, river is contaminated, can't eat the fist, nowhere to swim. There is no outdoor recreation, other than the ATV park. If you want to swim in the lake and get Hepatitis A from all the fecal matter, then be my guest, cause you can rest assure that its there. Until the county steps up and does their job , with all the straight pipes, we will continue to have these levels of contamination. We are not complaining about what we DON"T have...its what we DO HAVE thats is the problem. There should be places to go and things to do for our youth, and there is nothing left.
Meadow

Postby ~CJ~ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:46 pm

It is disheartening to see our beautiful lake and afraid to go swimming in it, or want to go fishing and afraid to because you never know what kind of illness you may leave with. There are many other things to do, without water sports, but not everyone enjoys adventure sports.
~CJ~

Postby leslieco » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Those are some really nice pics.
leslieco

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:14 am

Meadow wrote:
Cigar Box wrote:Y'all throw some damn good pity parties. Whiny whine whine. Harlan's number one problem is everyone complains about what they don't have and don't even know what they do have right out their back door. I bet if y'all spend the time an effort you spent on whining on finding your strengths and assets, Harlan County would be the best damned county in Kentucky.

Lakes are contaminated, river is contaminated, can't eat the fist, nowhere to swim. There is no outdoor recreation, other than the ATV park. If you want to swim in the lake and get Hepatitis A from all the fecal matter, then be my guest, cause you can rest assure that its there. Until the county steps up and does their job , with all the straight pipes, we will continue to have these levels of contamination. We are not complaining about what we DON"T have...its what we DO HAVE thats is the problem. There should be places to go and things to do for our youth, and there is nothing left.

Nice photos, and i agree with this post.

Postby Doc Holliday » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Why is there a lack of development in Harlan County? I've been to a couple of water parks in western Kentucky that are worth the drive to. One is in a smaller place than Harlan.
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds. Doc Holliday
Doc Holliday

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 am

Beautiful pics!
Unbridled Spirit

Postby ~CJ~ » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Thank you. The area was gorgeous though.
~CJ~

Postby ~CJ~ » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:04 pm

This area is a few miles past Bad Branch Falls, on into Va., just off Flat Gap Road going into Pound in the Jefferson National Forest. It hasn't really changed very much over the years, it is still as beautiful as ever. There is a camping ground there too but it was raining which prevented me from taking photos of it. I didn't realize it was there.
~CJ~

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:46 am

I cant wait to go & check it out.
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Doc Holliday » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Made plans to make the trip there.
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds. Doc Holliday
Doc Holliday

Postby the fluke » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:41 pm

those are great photos, i will have to add that to my list of many places to visit. :o
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Postby ~CJ~ » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:43 pm

There is a camp ground that is just before the exit to the above area is so pretty. Really nice place for campers. I didn't take photos of it because it was raining.
~CJ~

Previous

Return to The Outdoors Forum