Shooting Range Ideas

Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, survival preparedness, firearms and ammunition.

Re: Shooting Range Ideas

Postby Bushwhacker » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 am

When I talked with Mr. Davidson a few months ago. he said that the new range would have a long distance target of over 500 yards. For me, I think thats a plenty, but it would be nice to try your hand at 1000 or more.
Bushwhacker

Postby Recycle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:51 am

This is and isn't a shooting range idea. Election signs that litter the highway are considered just that litter. They would make excellent targets, especially the ones with the candidates photo on them. It wouldn't be considered stealing it would be cleaning up litter.
Recycle

Postby Reloader Mania » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:45 pm

Don't quote me on this, but i think you would have to wait till after the election before you took them down... Again i don't know that for sure but definately a good idea...
Reloader Mania

Postby carbon-15 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 pm

I have used them many times.. As reloader stated, if you take them without permission, it is theft, and you can be charged.. When the election is over, most welcome someone else taking them up..
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:51 pm

It is illegal to place election signs on the state hwy right of way. If I recall the workers remove them and hold them at the hwy dept for a period of time to allow the owner to pick them up before trashing them.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:58 pm

We have enough trash without them littering our highways. If no one wants them in their yard then that should tell you that you shouldn't be running. Scott Alexander signs still hang round the county.

Postby carbon-15 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:02 pm

That idiot Scott Alexander's campaign put 22 of the things in my yard... That was one of the main reasons I voted against him!!
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Bushwhacker » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:57 am

I know that the signs are off topic, but I think that candidates should held accountable for taking thier signs up after the election and fined for those that are left for over 30 days from the time of the election.
Bushwhacker

Postby shade chaser » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:28 pm

Bushwhacker wrote:I know that the signs are off topic, but I think that candidates should held accountable for taking thier signs up after the election and fined for those that are left for over 30 days from the time of the election.

I think if you run for a PAYING OFFICE,one should have to put up a $500 deposit,you loose it after 30 days of the election if your signs are not collected,i think its a good idea an fair.
shade chaser
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby FallenAngel » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:48 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:It is illegal to place election signs on the state hwy right of way. If I recall the workers remove them and hold them at the hwy dept for a period of time to allow the owner to pick them up before trashing them.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/87323702.html

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/87377547.html
“Stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.”
FallenAngel
The Fallen One

Postby Colonel » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:39 am

Ok people. I have talked with all the powers that be and the shooting match idea is a go. We are in discussions now as to what we will initially shoot and how the matches will be performed. How would you like to have each match for shotgun, pistol, rifle, etc. set up? Ideas please.
Colonel

Postby carbon-15 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:43 am

I always enjoyed bowling pin matches... Set up a few pins, whoever knocks them off the table the quickest wins.. Those pins dont just fall over and fall off the table like you would expect... I have seen the pins for as cheap as 1 dollar each..
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Colonel » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:47 am

Let me run this idea by you. Pistol match. set number of steel knock down targets. One set on the left one set on the right. A shooting table separates two shooters. Working from outside to in on the last steel target whoever's target that is on the bottom is winner...
Colonel

Postby carbon-15 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:38 am

I like that idea...
carbon-15
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby thelocalspectator » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:43 am

So is the shooting range still open up cloverlick? I recently went to a indoor shooting range in tn it was awesome. I would love to put something like that in here in harlan county if I could come up with the funding.
thelocalspectator

PreviousNext

Return to The Outdoors Forum