Playhouse is history

For discussion on relevant news stories relating to Harlan County.

Playhouse is history

Postby Pappy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:41 pm

Just heard that the playhouse has been shut down and post made will be fake.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Re: Playhouse is history

Postby Pappy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Pappy wrote:Just heard that the playhouse has been shut down and post made will be fake.

Ps send funk a rip message.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Pappy, I’ve seen a lot of disinformation floated on social media these past 3 years, including people on this site sharing disinformation without fact checking their sources.

I give the benefit of the doubt as to whether there’s been intentional malice, in that I attribute much to political hyper-partisanship, fostered by both Republican & Democrat Congressional & Committee Party leadership.

For example Democrat Party Leadership purposefully ignored Donald J. Trump’s attack on Barrack Obama’s citizenship for years. Even to the point President Obama personally had to call Trump when he hosted his last annual Journalist Gala event in D.C. During Obama’s eight year Presidency, highly educated Republican Leadership within Party that knew better, never once spoke out to challenge this vicious lie. Instead, they welcome the divisiveness.

While our Party leaders were busy building hyper partisanship in every way possible, our nation’s adversaries, particularily Russia, were busy exploiting it.

Earlier this week the Senate Intelligence Committee released a 200 page report. This Senate Intelligence document, that many Republicans contributed to, lays out the verification of steps Vladimir Putin has taken to politically divide populations in the U.S. & other westernized country’s with healthy democracies. Political division in the U.S. and Russia, is part of Putin’s plan to hold onto power for the purpose of building a personal empire of unimaginable wealth. This is only one facet of the many parts to Putin’s methodology to foment his well orchestrated plan.

During the 2016 election, when I was posting corrections on misformation and conspiracy theories posted on this and other social media sites, I had to contend with partisan comments like ‘this isn’t the sixties, Russia isn’t a threat, Hillary Clinton is’. It’s one thing to support ones political Party. Quite another to turn a blind eye to national security threats. Party affiliation should never replace national alligence.

Today few doubt that Russia interfered in our election process. Russian operatives hacked our democratic institutions and used Wikileaks to publish information, stolen from the DNC headquarters, to discredit Hillary Clinton’s bid for the Presidency. Whether or not the Russian hacking our democratic institutions to elect Trump is not the issue today.

Today’s issue is Trump’s refusal to do anything about Russian interference in our 2016, or even acknowledge it, because he fears it will ‘de-legitimize’ his Presidency. This poses a very real security threat to our nation’s future elections.

What Trump fails to understand is even if Russia had not influenced the our 2016 result (something impossible to prove), he has ‘de-legitimitized’ his Presidency with a combination of more than 2000 hyperboles, misleading statements and outright lies he’s spoken during his short term.

I will give credit where credit is due, in thanking Donald J. Trump, Steve Bannon, Kelley A. Conway, Donald J. Trump Jr. and the cabal of power hungry, self serving politicians for creating a political travesty, that awakened the American public to the very real foreign security breeches and threats besieging our nation today. Without Jr’s complicity and the Trump/Conway attacks on our Intelligence community and Fourth Estate, the American public wouldn’t understand the gravity of foreign government attacks on our democratic institutions.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Briscoe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:40 pm

you have to bring your long winded political bullshit into every topic. why don't you just shut the hell up or talk about something else for a change?
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby Pappy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:56 pm

*Farts* excuse me I meant to shit.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Briscoe wrote:you have to bring your long winded political bullshit into every topic. why don't you just shut the hell up or talk about something else for a change?

What topic would you like to discuss Briscoe? Relativity & Time Travel? Astrophysics? Cosmology? Particle, Classical or Quantam Physics? Or maybe Periodic timetables or the 7 natural wonders of the world? None of which involve politics or religion.

I hate politics, and welcome discussion on any topic that actually improves human discourse. Discussion about things like private citizens sex life, what they had for breakfast or what they’ll have for dinner bore me. I don’t want or need to know about rumors that invade others privacy that are not illegal, and none of my business. We have rules of law and ethics as well as sworn oaths of public offices to protect the public. As long as these rules and oaths are kept, I’m more than glad to leave well enough alone.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:59 am

Puppy's so full of shit lol.
Demon Hunter

Return to Harlan County News