Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Re: Happy Veterans day

Postby clark bailey » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:56 am

And to you as well.
clark bailey

Postby RAP » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:24 am

Did you guys know that the ninth of this month was the 365 birthday of the United States Marine's?
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:32 am

RAP wrote:Did you guys know that the ninth of this month was the 365 birthday of the United States Marine's?

I did, but thought it was the tenth...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby RAP » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:40 am

You may be right, I am not so good at remembering exact date's anymore I just thought about a conversation my husband had with some of his buddies at the VA hospital on Wed, now that you mention it would have been the tenth because he said tomorrow when he referred to it haha. Told you i'm going senile many times.
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keeps you strong, Sorrows keeps you human, Life keeps you humble, Success keeps you glowing, But true friends keep you going.
RAP
The Waltons

Postby jeepers creepers » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Thank you Pappy and all Veterans for your service.
Attachments
Some gave all.jpg
Some gave all.jpg (21.65 KiB) Viewed 358 times
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
jeepers creepers
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby mtn_girl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:33 am

I am a day late...but since we should thank our veteran's everyday, Happy Veteran's Day!
mtn_girl

Postby ~CJ~ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:35 am

Happy Veterans Day weekend!
~CJ~

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:05 pm

I hope all of our Veterans had a good day today. I thank you for doing your part for our country. We are a better nation because of your dedication to duty.

I thank all of the families of our veterans for the sacrifices they have made and continue to make while their loved ones are away fulfilling their sworn obligation. May God bless you and yours forever.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:23 am

Thanks to all Veterans. This is the only topic we can all agree on.
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:50 am

Demon Hunter wrote:Thanks to all Veterans. This is the only topic we can all agree on.

Now if everybody would agree to end Veteran's homelessness, and help the one they personally know that is struggling, that would mean something.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Political Plague » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:37 pm

I hope Trump appoints someone to fix the VA.
Political Plague

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:00 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:Thanks to all Veterans. This is the only topic we can all agree on.

Now if everybody would agree to end Veteran's homelessness, and help the one they personally know that is struggling, that would mean something.

I’m thankful we have a day to remember, and formally recognize our Veterans service, and their efforts to keep our people safe and our country strong. I’m truly appreciate the sacrifices our military’s men and women have made. Words of ‘thank you for your service’ ring hollow to our returning injured Veterans that are facing problems with little means to solve them.

That’s is why organizations like ‘Building Homes for Heroes’, that seek to end Veterans homelessness, are so vital to helping our Veterans. They give real meaning to ‘thank you for your service’.

130 Veterans and their families have something to celebrate this year that they didn’t have last year, a home of their own. A mortgage free home built by ‘Building Homes for Heroes’.

In truth those 130 mortgage free homes while appreciated, met only a tiny fraction of the need our disabled Veteran have for suitable housing. Not one of our disabled Veteran’s should ever face homelessness.

Charitable organizations alone cannot and should not be expected to cover the losses our government is responsible for creating. Isn’t it about time we Americans make our government answer the need for mortgage free homes for our disabled Veterans?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby VoteMout » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Sorry I'm so late. Happy Veterans Day.
VoteMout

Return to Harlan General Discussion