Michelle Obama's Lunch Program: HC! Harlan Ind Joins

Discuss random Harlan County topics.

Re: Michelle Obama's Lunch Program: HC! Harlan Ind Joins

Postby Political Plague » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:50 am

Obama to cut funding for poor kids free lunch program over trans bathroom obsession.
Political Plague

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:32 am

I predict that many kids will bring their lunch.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby upallnight » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:16 pm

CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:I predict that many kids will bring their lunch.

Now that they have signed up for the free meal they must provide transsexual bathrooms and showers.
upallnight

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:22 pm

Someone should ask Mr. Morton what his plans are now?!?!
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby PharmGirl » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:27 am

CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:Someone should ask Mr. Morton what his plans are now?!?!

Get in that transgender bathroom CrissyAlwaysSexuallyConfused and eat your lunch lol.
PharmGirl

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 am

PharmGirl wrote:
CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:Someone should ask Mr. Morton what his plans are now?!?!

Get in that transgender bathroom CrissyAlwaysSexuallyConfused and eat your lunch lol.

More edifying conversation from Big Pharm Girl.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:34 pm

I just spoke with him the other day and neglected to bring up the lunch program.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby PharmGirl » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:35 pm

You making a whole chicken G lol? I saw you at the store, you didn't see me :lol:
PharmGirl

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:57 am

PharmGirl wrote:You making a whole chicken G lol? I saw you at the store, you didn't see me :lol:

Stalker!
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon May 15, 2017 8:41 am

Trump has relaxed school lunch rules so that the meals can be healthy and tasty at the same time. Michelle Obama our former first lady said Trump want's our kids to eat "crap".... It makes me laugh at her saying that after all the photo evidence that shows under her plan they were eating crap.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon May 15, 2017 9:10 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Trump has relaxed school lunch rules so that the meals can be healthy and tasty at the same time. Michelle Obama our former first lady said Trump want's our kids to eat "crap".... It makes me laugh at her saying that after all the photo evidence that shows under her plan they were eating crap.

I seen some of those photo's. I also have seen school cafterias with lines of extremely well prepared trays of healthful, nutritious food, with a wide variety for kids to choose from.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon May 15, 2017 9:28 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Trump has relaxed school lunch rules so that the meals can be healthy and tasty at the same time. Michelle Obama our former first lady said Trump want's our kids to eat "crap".... It makes me laugh at her saying that after all the photo evidence that shows under her plan they were eating crap.

I seen some of those photo's. I also have seen school cafterias with lines of extremely well prepared trays of healthful, nutritious food, with a wide variety for kids to choose from.

Yeah in private schools that don't have to follow the rules. The only time you saw well prepared trays of healthful, nutritious foods was during a photo op for visiting politicians, or school board members.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon May 15, 2017 10:14 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

Yeah in private schools that don't have to follow the rules. The only time you saw well prepared trays of healthful, nutritious foods was during a photo op for visiting politicians, or school board members.

I can't verify whether or not the food kids are getting in school cafeteria's is better or worse since Michelle Obama's lunch school program. I'm convinced if the public school meal planners and cooks want to prepare tasty, nutritious school lunches, they have the means to do so. Whether or not they do it, is left up to the school boards.

I'm also convinced I am more concerned with my dogs nutrition than a large percentage of parents that don't cook and rely on fast food they regularly feed their children.

I no longer feed my dogs dogfood. I haven't since I watched a documentry on what goes into the making of dogfood. Each of their twice daily meals consist of 50% cooked or raw meat (the only raw meat they get is cuts of low fat beef), 40% vegetables and 10% whole grain (no corn or soy). They don't particularily like fish, so they get each get 1200 mg of fish oil daily.

It's not the government's responsibility to ensure America's children are fed healthful nutrition. All the government can do is make the resources available to prepare healthful nutrition for children during school hours. Ultimately it's a parent or child's caretaker responsibility to ensure their children gets good nutrition to grow their bodies and minds, and avoid their future adult medical problems caused by poor nutrition.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cornbread » Mon May 15, 2017 10:58 am

Quality tends to suffer when the customer has no say in whether to purchase. That's why they made it free for everyone.
Cornbread
Django

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon May 15, 2017 11:43 am

Cornbread wrote:Quality tends to suffer when the customer has no say in whether to purchase. That's why they made it free for everyone.

Quality suffers when basic quality ingrediants suffer. Whether it's dogfood made of rotten animal fur and carcus people feed their pets, or the high fat, high gluten, high sugar, high salt ingredients found in pizza, hotdogs, hamburgers and heavily battere fried seafood with very little nutritonal value people feed their kids.

People buy inferior synthetic 'pleather'' shoes and pay close to or more than they would for genuine leather shoes, because they are esthetically appealing. 'Pleather' does't hold it's form and fall apart quickly. Value wise they are a complete rip off. Teva sandals, made from a natural rubber, yields far more service and value than any sythentic footware product for people that object to using animal hide products.

Food is the largest source of nutrition for animals, including humans. Education about nutritional choices is critical to growing and maintaining healthy, fit bodies.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Previous

Return to Harlan General Discussion