Michelle Obama's Lunch Program: HC! Harlan Ind Joins

Discuss random Harlan County topics.

Re: Michelle Obama's Lunch Program: HC To Hire Chef

Postby PharmGirl » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:59 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The Food Police, and I mean that literally. The government now seeks to fine school that don't meet Michelle "Klingon" Obama's Hunger Free Kids Act. To much sodium they get fined, over the calorie limits they get fined, feed them white grains they get fined. It's not called a fine though. In an attempt to be clever the government is calling it an “assessment." Most of the food ends up in the garbage can. A kid unlike an adult will go hungry before eating something they don't like.

Cook it and feed it to them whether it tastes like shit or not. If not we will fine you.
PharmGirl

Re: Michelle Obama's Lunch Program: HC! Harlan Ind Joins

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu May 26, 2016 7:51 am

Anyone without any knowledge could read the HDE article and not know that Harlan Ind was joining Michelle Obama's Lunch Program. It doesn't mention the Hunger-Free Kids Act. At the end of the article it only mentions the Community Eligibility provision which is a provision from the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act! It has shown to be a failure time and time again. Why a school would sign on at this late point knowing what's in the press regarding the program is beyond me. Bon Appétit

http://harlandaily.com/news/10041/free-meals-for-students
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby PharmGirl » Thu May 26, 2016 8:27 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Anyone without any knowledge could read the HDE article and not know that Harlan Ind was joining Michelle Obama's Lunch Program. It doesn't mention the Hunger-Free Kids Act. At the end of the article it only mentions the Community Eligibility provision which is a provision from the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act! It has shown to be a failure time and time again. Why a school would sign on at this late point knowing what's in the press regarding the program is beyond me. Bon Appétit

Why? They get to save a whopping $700 a month. Their will be some hungry kids in the city district.
PharmGirl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu May 26, 2016 8:31 am

Here's a breakdown of the requirements for making a hungry child.

Breakfast (K-12) (450-500 calories)

Lunch grades K-8 average daily calorie range 600-650

They don't give a breakdown on calories for 9-12. They do however give a breakdown of additional foods for 6-8 and 9-12 in a single school.

Therefore, on top of the requirements for the 6-8 group, schools must make available to the older children: ½ cup more fruit daily, ¼ cup more vegetables daily and across the week: ½ cup more red/orange, ¼ cup other, ½ cup additional (any subgroup) vegetables.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby VoteMout » Thu May 26, 2016 10:55 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Anyone without any knowledge could read the HDE article and not know that Harlan Ind was joining Michelle Obama's Lunch Program. It doesn't mention the Hunger-Free Kids Act. At the end of the article it only mentions the Community Eligibility provision which is a provision from the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act! It has shown to be a failure time and time again. Why a school would sign on at this late point knowing what's in the press regarding the program is beyond me. Bon Appétit

Good job Morton and crew.
VoteMout

Postby goat47 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:37 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Here's a breakdown of the requirements for making a hungry child.

Breakfast (K-12) (450-500 calories)

Lunch grades K-8 average daily calorie range 600-650

They don't give a breakdown on calories for 9-12. They do however give a breakdown of additional foods for 6-8 and 9-12 in a single school.

Therefore, on top of the requirements for the 6-8 group, schools must make available to the older children: ½ cup more fruit daily, ¼ cup more vegetables daily and across the week: ½ cup more red/orange, ¼ cup other, ½ cup additional (any subgroup) vegetables.

Aren't their equipment requirements that are costly?
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Thu May 26, 2016 7:22 pm

That isn't enough calories to function at a high level. The human brain when in high gear burns around two calories every minute.
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu May 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:That isn't enough calories to function at a high level. The human brain when in high gear burns around two calories every minute.

Damn! Whiteguy only needs to a peanut a day.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri May 27, 2016 7:15 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:That isn't enough calories to function at a high level. The human brain when in high gear burns around two calories every minute.

Damn! Whiteguy only needs to a peanut a day.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Here comes the profanity lol.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby upallnight » Fri May 27, 2016 9:09 am

Maybe he won't see it lol.
upallnight

Postby PharmGirl » Fri May 27, 2016 1:54 pm

I have said before that the food was garbage. The garbage cans had to weight 75lbs from all the food that was thrown away.
PharmGirl

Postby VoteMout » Tue May 31, 2016 9:37 am

upallnight wrote:Maybe he won't see it lol.

I'm bumping it so he will see it lol.
VoteMout

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue May 31, 2016 10:16 am

VoteMout wrote:

I saw it, but my policy is, when I hear nothing_ I say nothing... That was as close to nothing as you can possibly get... Nothing said, by a nothing...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue May 31, 2016 10:45 am

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
VoteMout wrote:

I saw it, but my policy is, when I hear nothing_ I say nothing... That was as close to nothing as you can possibly get... Nothing said, by a nothing...

Don't lie. You didn't respond because somebody rationed your peanuts.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cornbread » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Harlan Ind had the best lunch ever when I went there.
Cornbread
Django

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan General Discussion