King Obama To Grant Amnesty!?!?

Discuss random Harlan County topics.

King Obama To Grant Amnesty!?!?

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Those of you who have a facebook acct can watch the president's announcement regarding his executive action and immigration tonight at 8. No news networks are scheduled to carry the announcement live. I assume this is a wink and a nod to Zuckerburg for all of his help monitoring facebook users for the White House.

A couple articles of interest.

Obama’s Amnesty Will Add As Many Foreign Workers As New Jobs Since 2009

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/20/obamas-amnesty-will-add-as-many-foreign-workers-as-new-jobs-since-2009/

Pelosi is one dumb bitch! Excuse my language.
Pelosi Compares Obama Immigration Order to Emancipation Proclamation

http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/pelosi-compares-obama-immigration-order-to-emancipation-proclamation-20141120
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: King Obama To Grant Amnesty!?!?

Postby Legion » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:15 pm

Does Congress have the ability to block the order?
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:22 pm

The Senate & House could vote to nullify any EO, but the President would still have veto power. The best bet would be to defund the order, and take it up with the Supreme Court.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Legion » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:27 pm

African Americans should be outraged by Pelosi's remarks.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby ScArEcRoW » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:38 pm

Fort Sumter II.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Those of you who have a facebook acct can watch the president's announcement regarding his executive action and immigration tonight at 8. No news networks are scheduled to carry the announcement live. I assume this is a wink and a nod to Zuckerburg for all of his help monitoring facebook users for the White House.

A couple articles of interest.

Obama’s Amnesty Will Add As Many Foreign Workers As New Jobs Since 2009

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/20/obamas-amnesty-will-add-as-many-foreign-workers-as-new-jobs-since-2009/

Pelosi is one dumb bitch! Excuse my language.
Pelosi Compares Obama Immigration Order to Emancipation Proclamation

http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/pelosi-compares-obama-immigration-order-to-emancipation-proclamation-20141120

Them Mexicans will get all the Plywood jobs in Harlan now. :lol: :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:19 pm

5 million to receive amnesty. Bill Clinton was the first African American President. Does this make Obama the first Hispanic President?
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Demon Hunter » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:21 pm

Our piece of shit President has the ability to change the definition of the word Amnesty!
Demon Hunter

Postby jeepers creepers » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:40 pm

"its good to be King!" :lol:
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"
jeepers creepers
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:Our piece of shit President has the ability to change the definition of the word Amnesty!

Be nice Wilder
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:47 pm

IMO This entire action is a calculated risk. Obama's base figures any action the right of the center Republicans demands to nullify the Amnesty EO, will create a deeper divide within the party. Making it difficult if not impossible to present a unified front when Republicans move to the majority of both chambers. If the incoming majority Congress can't produce needed jobs, or are seen as obstructionist they will face losing seats in 2016. The more resistance in bipartisanship, the more moderate Democrats will be pushed left. At the moment Democrats are almost evenly divided on the Amenisty issue. Hillary Clinton must sit on her hands and hold her breath. If 25% of blue collars prove alienated and the calculated risk fails, her bid for Presidency becomes shaky. Bottom line The President is forcing the issue that puts the majority Congress to be reactive on Immigration Reform, rather than proactive.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:02 am

It's against the will of the vast majority of American's. He and his party got his ass handed to them in the election, so this is his i'm taking my ball and going home and you can't do nothing about it.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby ScArEcRoW » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:33 am

5 out of 30 million to receive amnesty.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:53 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:It's against the will of the vast majority of American's. He and his party got his ass handed to them in the election, so this is his i'm taking my ball and going home and you can't do nothing about it.

I think this action is strictly a political chess checkmate move that forces Congress to reform Immigration Laws.

Reminds me of something I saw my 10 year old son do once. We lived next door to a family with 7 kids, 5 boys & 2 girls. There was a set of twins among them. My son got along pretty well with them most of the time. The twins were around 6 years old and regular little instigators. They would concoct different scenarios that would result in their older 12 year old brother bringing hellfire and damnation on my son.

One day I heard my boy calling for the 12 yr old to come out of his house. I looked out the window and saw my son leaning on a big stick in front of the neighbors house. I thought uh oh...gonna be trouble. Sure enough the 12 year old came bouncing out of the house and down the steps. My son took the stick and drew a line in the dirt and dared the 12 year old to cross it. Naturally he did. My boy smacked him hard across the chest and face with the stick and took off running, with the kid right close behind. The neighbor kid got another surprise as he turned the corner of our house tripping on a 2" x 4" plank set up, that put him face down in the dirt. That was the end of my boys problem with the 12 year old. Every now and then there's gonna be a line drawn in the sand.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Cate, cate, cate, cate, cate. Your saying that Obama is setting a trap for Republicans?
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Next

Return to Harlan General Discussion