Cumberland Avenue Lanes---Pot Holes

Discuss random Harlan County topics.

Cumberland Avenue Lanes---Pot Holes

Postby Mermaid » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:40 am

So I just learned that Cumberland Avenue has two lanes. At the end of the avenue there's two turning lanes as well.. Both can either turn left or the right lane can only turn right. I did not know this and it doesn't make sense to me to have two lanes on Cumberland Avenue and especially two turning lanes going left. There's no signs to tell you this. If you didn't know this already there's no way for you to have known this. Who else knew this?? The city needs to put signs up and paint the lanes.
Mermaid
The First Lady

Re: Cumberland Avenue Lanes

Postby upallnight » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:44 am

I've always treated it as if it were two lanes. Whether it is officially two lanes I'm not sure.
upallnight

Postby Briscoe » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:00 am

Mermaid wrote:So I just learned that Cumberland Avenue has two lanes. At the end of the avenue there's two turning lanes as well.. Both can either turn left or the right lane can only turn right. I did not know this and it doesn't make sense to me to have two lanes on Cumberland Avenue and especially two turning lanes going left. There's no signs to tell you this. If you didn't know this already there's no way for you to have known this. Who else knew this?? The city needs to put signs up and paint the lanes.

they need an extra lane for all the prostitute bizz.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:11 am

It's two lanes from the point of the two red lights in front of Total Auto Service.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Briscoe » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:14 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:It's two lanes from the point of the two red lights in front of Total Auto Service.

yeah, that's crazy. it's the north end that needs two lanes...either that or a parking garage. lol
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:49 am

Briscoe can't get prostitutes off his mind lol.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Briscoe » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:34 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Briscoe can't get prostitutes off his mind lol.

i'm at that age now. lol but the worse problem i have with it is that bush in the corner of the yard at the mt. pleasant intersection. if your coming from the north end and at the stop sign, you can't see up mound street, and they fly through there.
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby Legion » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:45 am

I think it's suppose to be two lanes, but it's never been painted.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:04 pm

There is something else when you make the left turn at Farm Bureau... I think it's a sign... Whatever it is I saw it about a month ago and was going to alert G Unit to drive by and look at it... Can't really remember, but I think it is a huge sign with some clever shit on it... Damn!!! I'm gonna have to drive back up there just to see what it is again...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Mermaid » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:42 pm

I'm gonna drive up there just to see what it says after work AWG!!
Mermaid
The First Lady

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:07 pm

I will beat you to it lol, and if it is two lanes it should have lines.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:23 pm

G just drove by and their was no clever sign. Could you have been talking about a sign on a fence? The residents there put out a say Merry Christmas sign, but it's down now.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:27 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:G just drove by and their was no clever sign. Could you have been talking about a sign on a fence? The residents there put out a say Merry Christmas sign, but it's down now.

You ass lol.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby VoteMout » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 pm

The road does widen after the two red lights, but is it officially a two lane road? I don't think so.
VoteMout

Postby Mermaid » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:00 pm

CrissyAlwaysSunny wrote:I will beat you to it lol, and if it is two lanes it should have lines.

I won't be off work till 5 today so you probably will beat me Crissy. & GFunk?? You didn't see a sign? AWG surely wasn't lying was he???

Crissy did you know it was two lanes? I wasn't as blown away with the two lanes as I was the two lanes can both turn left! That's an accident waiting to happen.. I always turn left from the left lane no matter what lane I was going into...
Mermaid
The First Lady

Next

Return to Harlan General Discussion