House Hill 278: Minimum Wage Increase

Discuss random Harlan County topics.

Re: House Hill 278: Minimum Wage Increase

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:25 am

PharmGirl wrote:Anyone who has a difference of opinion than Cate is posting fake news.

Opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one. When I post an opinion, I give the facts on the background of how I formulated my opinion. I don't regurgitate others opinions.

Challenging propaganda is difficult today, because there's so much of it. Nonetheless it must be challenged as it is a very real threat to a democratic society.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:45 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
PharmGirl wrote:Anyone who has a difference of opinion than Cate is posting fake news.

Opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one. When I post an opinion, I give the facts on the background of how I formulated my opinion. I don't regurgitate others opinions.

Challenging propaganda is difficult today, because there's so much of it. Nonetheless it must be challenged as it is a very real threat to a democratic society.

Lets let the Turkey dinner settle down before the shit starts to fly.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:43 am

Ford cancels plans for Mexico plant, expresses ‘vote of confidence’ in Trump

http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/312483-ford-switches-gears-on-mexico-plant-expresses-vote-of-confidence-in
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:41 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Ford cancels plans for Mexico plant, expresses ‘vote of confidence’ in Trump

http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/312483-ford-switches-gears-on-mexico-plant-expresses-vote-of-confidence-in

Ford didn't cancel plans for a Mexico plant, they're just not going to build a new Ford Focus plant there. Instead they will be investing $1.6 Billion in adding on to an existing Mexico plant.. No matter, The Flint MIchigan plant will welcome the $700 million investment and the proposed 700 new American jobs. Even though it's a drop in the bucket in comparison to Ford's Mexico investment. Ford is giving just enough to back off bad press, and keep Americans buying their products.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby PharmGirl » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:58 am

Beats the alternative.
PharmGirl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:22 am

Just as I and many predicted with all this fuss over increasing the Minimum Wage to $15 a hour has started to cause an adverse effect. The Walmart here in Harlan is currently removing over half of the check out's and replacing them with automated ones. That's going to cost jobs, and a cut in hours.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:28 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Just as I and many predicted with all this fuss over increasing the Minimum Wage to $15 a hour has started to cause an adverse effect. The Walmart here in Harlan is currently removing over half of the check out's and replacing them with automated ones. That's going to cost jobs, and a cut in hours.

This has nothing to do with increasing minimum wage, and everything to do with corporate greed. Most Walmart Super Stores have already turned half or more of their check outs into self check outs. The only Walmarts that haven't are the Neighborhood Walmart's that don't carry a huge inventory.

The only thing robots can't yet do is carry a can of tuna left in the sporting department, back to the grocery shelf.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Walmart caved to pressure and started paying $10 a hour to cater to a few protesters. I won't use a self checkout because I knew this would cost jobs in the long run.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Political Plague » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:51 am

Just wait till the burger flipping machines are up and running.
Political Plague

Postby Briscoe » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:19 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Walmart caved to pressure and started paying $10 a hour to cater to a few protesters. I won't use a self checkout because I knew this would cost jobs in the long run.

funk, if you could invent a masturbation machine, you'd be the worlds first trillionaire. lol
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:50 am

OMG Briscoe!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Pappy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:32 am

Briscoe wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Walmart caved to pressure and started paying $10 a hour to cater to a few protesters. I won't use a self checkout because I knew this would cost jobs in the long run.

funk, if you could invent a masturbation machine, you'd be the worlds first trillionaire. lol

Funk only invents things like that for his own pleasure.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby PharmGirl » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PharmGirl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:04 am

This is what happens when you want paid beyond your skill level.

Tech may replace half all low-skilled jobs in the U.S.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tech-may-replace-half-all-low-skilled-jobs-in-the-u-s/
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:20 pm

The Rise of The Machines. I read that on here once lol.
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan General Discussion