The State Road Department Sucks!

Discuss random Harlan County topics.

The State Road Department Sucks!

Postby Demon Hunter » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:14 am

Well the song I can't drive 55 fits this topic. Well I should say in Harlan County. I drove from Leslie County this morning and the roads had been salted and scraped. They were just wet and you could drive 55. Once I hit the Harlan County line it was like night and day. That 3 mile stretch of road to the bottom of the mountain hadn't been touched. I'm not talking about a early morning commute. This was at 8:30. Now the mountain had been salted and scraped and was decent. One can only assume that they cross the mountain make a u-turn and head back across. This is either laziness, negligence, incompetence, or a combination of the three. The photos I have will be forwarded up the chain of command.
Demon Hunter

Re: The State Road Department Sucks!

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:00 am

Send the photo's to my email and I will post them for you.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Legion » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:10 am

They have always sucked. I bet they send out 7 trucks and only one of them works while the other 6 watch.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 am

LOL @ Legion. That's exactly how they work on the side of the road.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Briscoe » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:25 am

aint you girls at work today? you posting from the bathroom again crissy? lol j/k girls.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby Mermaid » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:36 am

Demon Hunter wrote:Well the song I can't drive 55 fits this topic. Well I should say in Harlan County. I drove from Leslie County this morning and the roads had been salted and scraped. They were just wet and you could drive 55. Once I hit the Harlan County line it was like night and day. That 3 mile stretch of road to the bottom of the mountain hadn't been touched. I'm not talking about a early morning commute. This was at 8:30. Now the mountain had been salted and scraped and was decent. One can only assume that they cross the mountain make a u-turn and head back across. This is either laziness, negligence, incompetence, or a combination of the three. The photos I have will be forwarded up the chain of command.

I bet I was right behind you Demon Hunter. I was so pissed when I crossed into Harlan County. It was pitiful! And out 221 towards Laurel was awful too according to a friend.
Mermaid
The First Lady

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:40 am

The two snow covered pics are once you cross into Harlan. The semi decent road conditions are as you go up the north side of Pine Mtn.
Attachments
IMG_6804.PNG
IMG_6804.PNG (54.35 KiB) Viewed 352 times
IMG_6807.PNG
IMG_6807.PNG (68.1 KiB) Viewed 352 times
IMG_6803.PNG
IMG_6803.PNG (68.1 KiB) Viewed 352 times
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:40 am

The proof is in the pictures.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Mermaid » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Yeah they were awful. And there was no reason for them to be covered like that. There's 3 miles of road from the bottom of pine mountain to the Harlan/Leslie line. It was pure laziness.
'
Mermaid
The First Lady

Postby PharmGirl » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:08 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:Well the song I can't drive 55 fits this topic. Well I should say in Harlan County. I drove from Leslie County this morning and the roads had been salted and scraped. They were just wet and you could drive 55. Once I hit the Harlan County line it was like night and day. That 3 mile stretch of road to the bottom of the mountain hadn't been touched. I'm not talking about a early morning commute. This was at 8:30. Now the mountain had been salted and scraped and was decent. One can only assume that they cross the mountain make a u-turn and head back across. This is either laziness, negligence, incompetence, or a combination of the three. The photos I have will be forwarded up the chain of command.

Call your congressman lol.
PharmGirl

Postby Gopher » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:49 pm

A smartass in every crowd!
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:02 pm

It's her natural bitter personality showing through.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:14 pm

PharmGirl wrote:

Call your congressman lol.

Who the fuck is it?!?!?!?
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Demon Hunter » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:35 am

Well once again I drove through terrible road conditions because of inept snow removal by the state road department. It's causing people to be late for work, and on top of that it's hurting the economy. Multiple trucks sitting at the bottom of Pine Mountain because they cant go down 221. You have a variety of photo's sent to your email G with a description.
Demon Hunter

Postby Demon Hunter » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:49 am

Just sent another pic from a co worker. The salt truck came back up the mountain instead of going down 221 where you see the coal and log trucks on the side of the road. Maybe the State road department doesn't understand that Harlan County stretches for miles down Straight Creek, or they think that Harlan ends at the bottom of the mountain and doesn't go into Leslie County.
Demon Hunter

Next

Return to Harlan General Discussion