Harlan Food Stamp Scam

Discuss random Harlan County topics.

Re: Harlan Food Stamp Scam

Postby Pappy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:18 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Might as well turn this political lol. Obama was the food stamp president lol.

Obama loved him some Gov. Cheese.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby PharmGirl » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:52 am

I've always heard that was the best cheese ever.
PharmGirl

Postby Briscoe » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 am

PharmGirl wrote:I've always heard that was the best cheese ever.

that's how the mexicans created nacho cheese. a black woman was in line to get her cheese. as soon as it was handed to her, a mexican grabbed it and ran off. the black woman took off after him saying "hey, dats not cho cheese, dats not cho cheese."
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby VoteMout » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Briscoe wrote:

that's how the mexicans created nacho cheese. a black woman was in line to get her cheese. as soon as it was handed to her, a mexican grabbed it and ran off. the black woman took off after him saying "hey, dats not cho cheese, dats not cho cheese."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
VoteMout

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Briscoe wrote:

LOL. Your not right.
Cornbread
Django

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:37 am

OMG I've laughed all morning lol.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:08 am

It’s Time To Break Up Amazon
With its mega-acquisition of Whole Foods, the retail behemoth moves to suck the value out of yet another market, writes Douglas Rushkoff.

https://www.fastcompany.com/40432885/its-time-to-break-up-amazon
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:37 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:Amazon giving PRIME discount to people on food stamps.if you can afford the things sold on Amazon Prime you shouldnt be on food stamps.

Market analyst are saying Amazon will close 20% to 25% of the brick and mortar stores stores within the next 5 years. I believe they're right.

Here could be part of the reason.

Why the Post Office Gives Amazon Special Delivery
A Citigroup analysis finds each box gets a $1.46 subsidy. It’s like a gift card from Uncle Sam.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-post-office-gives-amazon-special-delivery-1499987531
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:12 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:Amazon giving PRIME discount to people on food stamps.if you can afford the things sold on Amazon Prime you shouldnt be on food stamps.

Market analyst are saying Amazon will close 20% to 25% of the brick and mortar stores stores within the next 5 years. I believe they're right.

Here could be part of the reason.

Why the Post Office Gives Amazon Special Delivery
A Citigroup analysis finds each box gets a $1.46 subsidy. It’s like a gift card from Uncle Sam.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-post-office-gives-amazon-special-delivery-1499987531

You might remember my reference earlier, to the new successful business models like Uber's ride share & Airbnb's residential room rentals use of 'excess capacity', in discussing why old business models that don't make use of excess capacity won't compete as well.

This is an example. Amazon saw the USPS excess capacity created by the internet's instant methods of communication and made it work for them. At the same time saving our USPS. They don't depend on UPS or FedX deliverys, making their shipping cost much less and passing that savings onto their customers. That's what capitalism is supposed to do.

Of course UPS & FedX doesn't get the same share of the shipping market they had for decades. Maybe these two should figure out how they can adapt to a new business model, that keeps their services competitive?

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Political Plague » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:07 am

It's a savings to the company on the backs of tax payers. But it's ok since they cater to those on food stamps. Amazon's shipping price is equal to all other sites.
Political Plague

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:49 am

Political Plague wrote:It's a savings to the company on the backs of tax payers. But it's ok since they cater to those on food stamps. Amazon's shipping price is equal to all other sites.

Bullshit! I don't think you realize what financial shape the USPS was in before contracting with Amazon. Utilizing the the USPS excess capacity for the last few miles of shipping, not only saved taxpayer money by eliminating the need for more government subsidies, it saved thousands of postal worker jobs.

No doubt for profit UPS & FedX would like to compete for that business. Their business models that maintain their trucks and planes can't afford to compete. The cost to send a package overnight via the USPS less than 1 lb. cost $9.95. Neither UPS or FedX can compete with that price. They can and do compete effectively with International shipments. You won't see either of these companies using their international excess capacity to make International shipping more affordable.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:58 am

You think the government should subsidize every damn thing. :roll:
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:07 am

Demon Hunter wrote:You think the government should subsidize every damn thing. :roll:

I think our government should do it's job, and ensure it's institutions are being ran as effectively and efficiently as possible to serve it's people.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:You think the government should subsidize every damn thing. :roll:

I think our government should do it's job, and ensure it's institutions are being ran as effectively and efficiently as possible to serve it's people.

It's not the government's job to ensure how any company is ran. It's the government's job to set a climate that encourages business growth and successfulness. The government on the other hand needs to be ran as effectively and efficiently as possible to serve it's people.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:18 pm

That's the truth if i've ever heard it.
Cornbread
Django

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan General Discussion