63%
Not gay at all
9%
Hmm...
29%

Total votes : 35

homosexuality

Postby Terri » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Whats everybodys opinion on homosexuals and gay marriage? Would you support gay marriage in KY?
Terri

Re: homosexuality

Postby Bushwhacker » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:31 pm

Experts say that they make up 10% of the population
Bushwhacker

Postby DarkFairy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:32 pm

I would support it, their sexuality does not interfere with my life so I do not care if they marry or not. Everyone deserves the opportunity to be happy and if marriage would make some of them happy then I say " Go for it".
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby fairviewcrew » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:57 pm

DarkFairy wrote:I would support it, their sexuality does not interfere with my life so I do not care if they marry or not. Everyone deserves the opportunity to be happy and if marriage would make some of them happy then I say " Go for it".

That pretty much sums it up for me, too. :)
America is woven of many strands. I would recognize them and let it so remain. Our fate is to become one, and yet many.This is not prophecy, but description.
Ralph Ellison
fairviewcrew

Postby Bushwhacker » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:04 pm

I think that the homosexual thing is genetic. I have no problem with them, its just the way they were born as far as I am concerned. While I will not get out and campaign for same sex marriage, I will not get our and campaign against it either. I have more important things that I feel that I need to consentrate on. :|
Bushwhacker

Postby fairviewcrew » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:12 pm

Bushwhacker wrote:I think that the homosexual thing is genetic. I have no problem with them, its just the way they were born as far as I am concerned. While I will not get out and campaign for same sex marriage, I will not get our and campaign against it either. I have more important things that I feel that I need to consentrate on. :|

I agree with that, too. Our country has much bigger problems that need voters' attentions more than gay marriage.
America is woven of many strands. I would recognize them and let it so remain. Our fate is to become one, and yet many.This is not prophecy, but description.
Ralph Ellison
fairviewcrew

Postby LaJuene » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:37 pm

I do not have a problem with homosexuality, it doesn't affect me. However, I do think sometimes the subject gets used and abused by politicians to take our focus off of the more important issues. It isn't the only subject they use to take the focus off of them, but it is used.
Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say “Are you gonna drink that?"
LaJuene

Postby DarkFairy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:48 pm

I understand there are much more important issues to deal with but think about this.

When black people or women were fighting for the right to vote (equal rights) were there not more pressing issues at that time also? It may not be a big deal to us because, like most of us have said, it does not affect us but it is a big issue to homosexuals to have the same right to marriage as we do because it is affecting them. Just a thought.
“One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation”
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Postby LaJuene » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:56 pm

It is definitely important to them and they do fight for their rights just like the women and blacks during the Civil Rights movement. And if there was an issue I felt strongly about, I'd fight for it too.
Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say “Are you gonna drink that?"
LaJuene

Postby Jack Rabbit » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Bushwhacker wrote:Experts say that they make up 10% of the population

Yea and that's still to many and NO i don't think they should be allowed to be Married.Its not Natural.But its not my decision to tellem yes or no.I do believe in Gods Eyes it most definently a SIN. :evil:
Jack Rabbit

Postby LaJuene » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Jack Rabbit wrote:

Yea and that's still to many and NO i don't think they should be allowed to be Married.Its not Natural.But its not my decision to tellem yes or no.I do believe in Gods Eyes it most definently a SIN. :evil:

And that is the best answer to this subject, "It's not my decision to tell em yes or no". You are right.
LaJuene

Postby Chase » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Jack Rabbit wrote:

JR has given the best answer.
Chase
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby neighbor » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:33 pm

I Agree 100% ;)

[i]
Every time I think that I am getting old, and gradually going to the grave, something else happens.

neighbor

Postby Jack Rabbit » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:37 pm

Chase wrote:
Jack Rabbit wrote:

JR has given the best answer.

Thanks Chase and Neighbor you two are the BEST. :P

I Agree 100% ;)
Jack Rabbit

Postby DarkFairy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 pm

Its not any of our decisions, no offense JR, we are just giving opinions here aren't we?

But who gave the government the right to decide who lives or dies, who gave them the right to decide which laws should be in effect, who gave them the right to decide to make plants illegal and alcohol legal, who is trying to give them the right to decide which partner we can marry? We the people. We voted those people in and gave them the right to tell us what to do (to an extent) I don't feel its in their power to choose who someone else marries, be them gay or not.

I would not want the government looking at me and saying "No, you can't marry him because he is Catholic and your not" "No, you can't marry him because your both named Jamie or you both have black hair" Yes, I know those are extreme examples but the fact remains that the government should not have the right to tell people who they can marry (within the human race, before the cat marriage is brought up again). We, as the people, do not have the right to make that decision but our government does, they may be judged by God when they die but that is irrelevant to letting people judge them for being different while they are alive. (let me add that they are breaking no laws, being judged for breaking laws is a different subject)
Thomas Brackett Reed
DarkFairy

Next

Return to Harlan General Discussion