63%
Not gay at all
9%
Hmm...
29%

Total votes : 35

Re: homosexuality

Postby Jasmine » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:26 am

What are the people going to do about this? Roll over and just complain? All I see on social network is talk, talk, talk. Nothing else.
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:01 am

Jasmine wrote:What are the people going to do about this? Roll over and just complain? All I see on social network is talk, talk, talk. Nothing else.

Join in and open wide.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Briscoe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Jasmine wrote:What are the people going to do about this? Roll over and just complain? All I see on social network is talk, talk, talk. Nothing else.

we need to start a group right here in this county that supports what kim davis is doing. we could help with the protesters, write letters or what ever. if somebody want's to start and lead i'll join the group. we should easily be able to win, you'd think, after we got the other countys involved. there's plenty of us that feel this way. i'd even be for using force if that's the only way. good lord people, they've almost completely outlawed God in this nation. how many times are these law abiders going to let man overrule God's laws? the government will not make religious decisions for me.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:42 pm

Congress could enact legislation that would protect the institution of marriage for heterosexual couples by establishing a Civil Union Act that would cover the same 1,100 + rules and regulations that marriage covers. States would be able to defend their historical rights to define marriage, and further define civil unions for those that demanded equal protection given under the law in the institution of marriage.

Gay couples joined by Civil Union would not be unequally locked out of federal benefits given to heterosexual couples. They would however, have to have their Civil Union dissolved in the place of its origin. No different than it is for heterosexually married couples, with the exception of residency requirements which could be handled at a State level.

By Congress enacting Civil Union laws, the gay community would have no cause to demand legal marriage, that affords equal protection of Liberties afforded by the Constitution. They would gain equal protection within the Civil Union Act.

The gay community would naturally fight this because their issue has been legalizing gay marriage, not a gay union. Somehow the gay community believes Marriage would give a legal and social standing to love and commit to their partner, that a Civil Union would not. Anyone that has ever been married, knows that a legal marriage does not atomatically bind a couple to love and commitment, or enhance social standing outside of financial aspects.

Some States have "alienation of affection" that bring third parties into a contested divorce. The third party can be sued for damages when proof is found the legal contract of a marriage was dissolved because of affection of one spouse was alienated due to a third party intervention. Most states have enacted 'no fault' divorce statutes that permit marriage dissolution without fault to either party. As such dissolving Civil Unions would likely be handled in the same manner States handle a dissolution of marriage.

The one thing the gay community hopes to gain by forcing legal marriage over legal civil unions is social acceptance of their morality. Personally, I think the recent Supreme Court decision has backfired. The question of immorality of gay unions is now on the front page. Whereas in the past it was old news, buried somewhere in the lifestyle section of the news.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:10 pm

The governor doesn't want to discuss it or to call a special session. He's protecting his son who's running for office.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Jasmine » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:17 pm

I didn't know his son is running. What's his name and what's her running for?
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Jasmine wrote:I didn't know his son is running. What's his name and what's her running for?

Angry Whiteguy and hes running for Mayor of Wallins.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Demon Hunter » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:38 pm

If your gay or here illegally Cate supports you.
Demon Hunter

Postby ScArEcRoW » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:17 am

You going to stand for that Cate?
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:22 am

ScArEcRoW wrote:You going to stand for that Cate?

Aww Crow, people are free to believe whatever they choose.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:57 pm

Jasmine wrote:I didn't know his son is running. What's his name and what's her running for?

Andy Beshears. He's running for Attorney General.
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Gunslinger wrote:

You sure knew that right damned quick... Inside information???
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Jasmine » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Whitney Westerfield is running against Brashear. http://ballotpedia.org/Whitney_Westerfield
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby goat47 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Gunslinger wrote:

Did you donate?
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:42 pm

Gunslinger wrote:

Was this on here a long time ago?
Demon Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan General Discussion