Harlan PD Beat Down (EDIT) Lawsuit Filed

Post whatever gossip you might have heard. Please do not post personal attacks or comments that may be deemed slanderous.

Re: Harlan PD Beat Down

Postby Gopher » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Their meat.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:19 pm

I have heard that the gentleman who alleges that the Harlan PD beat him has filed suit against the the city of Harlan.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Just heard it on WTUK too. The City of Harlan, the chief of police, and 3 officers (Luttrell, Ross and Cope) were mentioned in the lawsuit. They are suing for ? million. The announcement said that Luttrell and Ross attended a party at the bowling alley that served alcohol. The sheriff responded to the scene and eventually called the FBI in. I wasn't sure if I should have mentioned names but the radio did so I am assuming it is okay.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:21 am

I knew it had to involve a taser.

Alleged beating leads to lawsuit

An alleged beating incident that occurred in a parking lot on June 7 has led to a lawsuit being filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in London.

Michael Holbrook, 24, of Coxton, was arrested following the alleged incident by Harlan City Police Officer Britt Ross and charged with second-degree assault on a police officer, second-degree disorderly conduct and alcohol intoxication in a public place.

According to the complaint, Holbrook filed suit against Harlan Police Officers Hunter Luttrell, Ross, Sgt. Matt Cope, Harlan Police Chief Mike Thomas, Harlan Mayor Danny Howard, the city of Harlan as a municipality and the Harlan Police Department.

According to a press release from Holbrook’s attorney, Doug Asher, officers used excessive force on Holbrook by tazing, choking and slamming Holbrook’s face into the pavement multiple times.

The release alleges an onlooker captured much of the alleged beating on video. The video allegedly depicts Luttrell stomping Holbrook’s neck while Holbrook is handcuffed and lying face down. It is additionally alleged an onlooker who told the officer to stop was also tazed and beaten by Ross and Luttrell.

Holbrook is asking for punitive damages in the amount of $5,000,000.

Thomas had no comment on the lawsuit when asked Tuesday.

Attempts to reach Luttrell, Ross, Cope and Howard were unsuccessful.

http://harlandaily.com/view/full_story/23299848/article-Alleged-beating-leads-to-lawsuit?
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: Harlan PD Beat Down (EDIT) Lawsuit Filed

Postby Gopher » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:37 am

A regular day at the office for those young bucks.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Gopher » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:28 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I heard a little regarding the arrest, but you seem to have more "gossip" than I do. Last month the Barren County Sheriff was convicted of beating a suspect, and trying to cover it up.

This is the strangest coincidence ever. In today's paper is the HPD lawsuit article, and on page 2 is an article regarding the new Barren County Sheriff being appointed. The Sheriff was sentenced to 18 months. That's Spooky!
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:27 pm

I wanna know why the video has not hit youtube yet??
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Legion » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:19 pm

They don't treat the public that they serve with any respect yet have the nerve to demand it. How soon they forget that they swore a oath to Serve and Protect, and Not to Beat and Neglect.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Legion wrote:They don't treat the public that they serve with any respect yet have the nerve to demand it. How soon they forget that they swore a oath to Serve and Protect, and Not to Beat and Neglect.

It isn't just HPD, it is all of them. Do they have ranks in their graduating class? If so, wonder where they ranked. I wonder where all law enforcement officers ranked in the county. Ought to be published.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Gurt B Frobe wrote:
Legion wrote:They don't treat the public that they serve with any respect yet have the nerve to demand it. How soon they forget that they swore a oath to Serve and Protect, and Not to Beat and Neglect.

It isn't just HPD, it is all of them. Do they have ranks in their graduating class? If so, wonder where they ranked. I wonder where all law enforcement officers ranked in the county. Ought to be published.

Legion, I'm curious why you dislike police officers so badly?

I have no idea if they have ranks in the graduating class.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:55 pm

I know there are plenty of officers hiding and reading these topics. One of them need to tell us!!! LOL
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:52 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Gurt B Frobe wrote:

Legion, I'm curious why you dislike police officers so badly?

I have no idea if they have ranks in the graduating class.

I think her ex husband was a cop...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Unbridled Spirit » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Good guess AWG!! I bet your right...
Unbridled Spirit

Postby Gopher » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Isn't that the second lawsuit against the same officer?
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Legion » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Give that man a sucker. I know first hand how dirty they are, and the how they plot to get people.
Legion
Always A Bride

PreviousNext

Return to Harlan County Gossip