Blanton Building

Post whatever gossip you might have heard. Please do not post personal attacks or comments that may be deemed slanderous.

Blanton Building

Postby Honeysuckle » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:55 pm

For those of you who may not know, the Blanton Building in Cumberland houses the Kentucky Coal Academy and other SKCTC offices. I have heard that an employee there was caught and fired for mishandling money. I've also heard that the Director of the Ky Coal Academy is seldom there and spends his time in Virginia doing business. I think Legislators need to be made aware of the talk that is going on and look further into this. After all, Coal Severance money is hard to come by, and the funding that does come to our area needs to be utilized how it was intended. I have heard the KY Coal Academy Director is mean, offensive, and a bully. From what I've been told, no one hardly cares for him and he is bad for business. I've also been told he don't even have the appropriate credentials for his job, which pays no less than $80,000 annually. If Legislators get on this site, I hope they take a look at this post and make some phone calls about the matter. I think it's a crime when coal severance monies that was earned by the back-breaking work of our coal miners is not fully used FOR the coal miners, their families and their communities. This Executive Director has even been known to yell at and bully coal miners working on their retraining at the Blanton Building.
Honeysuckle

Re: Blanton Building

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:31 pm

Classic Boondoggle if I've ever heard of one.
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby Honeysuckle » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Boondoogle ?
Honeysuckle

Postby Gopher » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Honeysuckle wrote:Boondoogle ?

All taxpayer funded programs.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Legion » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Honeysuckle wrote:For those of you who may not know, the Blanton Building in Cumberland houses the Kentucky Coal Academy and other SKCTC offices. I have heard that an employee there was caught and fired for mishandling money. I've also heard that the Director of the Ky Coal Academy is seldom there and spends his time in Virginia doing business. I think Legislators need to be made aware of the talk that is going on and look further into this. After all, Coal Severance money is hard to come by, and the funding that does come to our area needs to be utilized how it was intended. I have heard the KY Coal Academy Director is mean, offensive, and a bully. From what I've been told, no one hardly cares for him and he is bad for business. I've also been told he don't even have the appropriate credentials for his job, which pays no less than $80,000 annually. If Legislators get on this site, I hope they take a look at this post and make some phone calls about the matter. I think it's a crime when coal severance monies that was earned by the back-breaking work of our coal miners is not fully used FOR the coal miners, their families and their communities. This Executive Director has even been known to yell at and bully coal miners working on their retraining at the Blanton Building.

I have heard that an employee there was caught and fired for mishandling money.

The employee should be prosecuted.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Sounds like Honeysuckle has a personal grudge.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Honeysuckle » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:21 am

Everyone should.
Honeysuckle

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:40 am

Honeysuckle wrote:Everyone should.

Why?
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:30 am

Honeysuckle wrote:Everyone should.

Just because
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Gopher » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Why? Because tax dollars supports the place.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:20 pm

I've also been told he don't even have the appropriate credentials for his job, which pays no less than $80,000 annually.

I must have read over that part. Who foots that bill?
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:55 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
I've also been told he don't even have the appropriate credentials for his job, which pays no less than $80,000 annually.

I must have read over that part. Who foots that bill?

You do.
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby the fluke » Fri May 16, 2014 9:26 pm

shucks he might have A Chance to run for some office
the fluke
the fluke
Mountain Man

Return to Harlan County Gossip