Benham City Cop Shoots Mama Bear

Post whatever gossip you might have heard. Please do not post personal attacks or comments that may be deemed slanderous.

Benham City Cop Shoots Mama Bear

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:15 pm

I had someone call and inform me that a Benham City Police officer shot and killed a mother bear in the Gap Branch section of the Tri-Cities. I was told that the bear was being non threatening, and the officer shot the bear as soon as he arrived on the scene. The mother bear rolled down the mtn side, and the cubs scrambled to get into the trees.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: Benham City Cop Shoots Mama Bear

Postby Gopher » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:28 pm

GFunk has started another dead animal controversy. :lol:
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Gopher wrote:GFunk has started another dead animal controversy. :lol:

That's why this is in gossip lol.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby PharmGirl » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:43 pm

I hope it isn't true.
PharmGirl

Postby Legion » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:13 pm

A bear in bear country, and some dumb Barney Fife wanna be shoots it.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Rip Torn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:20 pm

A bear was killed in Gap Branch. Several up that way was freaking out over the bears coming into their neighborhood and this is the end result. There was a search on to save the cubs.
Rip Torn

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Rip Torn wrote:A bear was killed in Gap Branch. Several up that way was freaking out over the bears coming into their neighborhood and this is the end result. There was a search on to save the cubs.

God have mercy. What next?

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Briscoe » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:20 pm

they'll keep it up til they get peta in here, harassing everything on two legs.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Briscoe wrote:they'll keep it up til they get peta in here, harassing everything on two legs.

I don't think this a rumor. A reliable source posted a notice on FB for anyone spotting a cub to call the Police.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:42 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I had someone call and inform me that a Benham City Police officer shot and killed a mother bear in the Gap Branch section of the Tri-Cities. I was told that the bear was being non threatening, and the officer shot the bear as soon as he arrived on the scene. The mother bear rolled down the mtn side, and the cubs scrambled to get into the trees.

Was it a black Bear? Did it have its Paws up? Call Al.
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Jasmine » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Does anyone know if the cubs were found? Were they killed too? I saw it on Facebook too in several places.
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Skyedancer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
Briscoe wrote:they'll keep it up til they get peta in here, harassing everything on two legs.

I don't think this a rumor. A reliable source posted a notice on FB for anyone spotting a cub to call the Police.

Why? So the cops can shoot them too?
Skyedancer
Rainbow Bright

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 pm

Skyedancer wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

I don't think so. The post I read was that a momma bear had died and left two cubs. The person posting asking for people to call the police is a real animal lover. I'm pretty sure he would never post that if he thought for a moment, it would put the cubs in danger.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Skyedancer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
Skyedancer wrote:I don't think this a rumor. A reliable source posted a notice on FB for anyone spotting a cub to call the Police.

I don't think so. The post I read was that a momma bear had died and left two cubs. The person posting asking for people to call the police is a real animal lover. I'm pretty sure he would never post that if he thought for a moment, it would put the cubs in danger.[/quote]

Oh sweetie I'm so sorry, you misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean to imply that they person posting that wanted them shot. I meant the cruelty of the cop involved if he did just shoot the mother when she wasn't acting in a threatening manner. I understand the danger that a bear poses, but there are non lethal ways of resolving a problem like this one if it happened the way that was posted. Tranquilizing and relocating for instance.
I worry because we don't know the age of the cubs. It could vary from 6 months to 2 years depending on when they were born. With autumn and winter coming, if the cubs are on the younger end of that scale, they face almost certain death without their mother.
Skyedancer
Rainbow Bright

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:50 pm

Skyedancer wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:
Skyedancer wrote:I don't think this a rumor. A reliable source posted a notice on FB for anyone spotting a cub to call the Police.

I don't think so. The post I read was that a momma bear had died and left two cubs. The person posting asking for people to call the police is a real animal lover. I'm pretty sure he would never post that if he thought for a moment, it would put the cubs in danger.

Oh sweetie I'm so sorry, you misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean to imply that they person posting that wanted them shot. I meant the cruelty of the cop involved if he did just shoot the mother when she wasn't acting in a threatening manner. I understand the danger that a bear poses, but there are non lethal ways of resolving a problem like this one if it happened the way that was posted. Tranquilizing and relocating for instance.
I worry because we don't know the age of the cubs. It could vary from 6 months to 2 years depending on when they were born. With autumn and winter coming, if the cubs are on the younger end of that scale, they face almost certain death without their mother.
[/quote]

Sorry, I misunderstood. Didn't want you to worry. I don't know about black bears, but Kodiak males will kill cubs when there is any kind of food shortage. Let's hope the cubs are rescued.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Next

Return to Harlan County Gossip