ATV Park: SOLD

Post whatever gossip you might have heard. Please do not post personal attacks or comments that may be deemed slanderous.

ATV Park: SOLD

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:21 am

Even though my source is very good I will put this in the gossip section for now, or at least until I get my phone calls today.

Manalapan is bankrupt, online searches confirm that information. I've been told that the park property is for sale which would include the zipline which was built on Manalapan property. This part isn't confirmed. I was told that the county refused to purchase the property. I don't believe even if the county wanted to they could afford to purchase that much land.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Re: Manalapan Mining Bankrupt: Off Road Park For Sale!?

Postby ScArEcRoW » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:33 am

Isn't that a kick in the head.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:42 am

"If" true we're looking at millions in lost revenue.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby ScArEcRoW » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:45 am

Campgroundman better have a plan B!
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby upallnight » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:49 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Even though my source is very good I will put this in the gossip section for now, or at least until I get my phone calls today.

Manalapan is bankrupt, online searches confirm that information. I've been told that the park property is for sale which would include the zipline which was built on Manalapan property. This part isn't confirmed. I was told that the county refused to purchase the property. I don't believe even if the county wanted to they could afford to purchase that much land.

Nail meet coffin, coffin meet nail.
upallnight

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:05 am

Hell the IDA Board has the money to buy it. :twisted:
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:22 am

I like your humor, but we're talking millions of dollars here.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby common cents » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:07 am

I am one of the people that happen to live in a location that allows me to know just how much traffic comes in to Harlan County from the 119 highway. And believe me when I tell you that its a substantial number of vehicles that are coming in here and spending time and outside money in many of what's left of our retail shops. If a buyer that can continue to allow the park to operate is found then things might be OK, but if not this could be the final nail in the coffin of the ravaged body we call home. As a business owner I am truly scared of what we are facing over the next few years, as I see no hope of anything changing to help our situation.
common cents

Postby Legion » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:31 am

Talk about a kick in the teeth. Does anyone have an estimate of how much money the park brings to the county?
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Jasmine » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:31 am

common cents wrote:I am one of the people that happen to live in a location that allows me to know just how much traffic comes in to Harlan County from the 119 highway. And believe me when I tell you that its a substantial number of vehicles that are coming in here and spending time and outside money in many of what's left of our retail shops. If a buyer that can continue to allow the park to operate is found then things might be OK, but if not this could be the final nail in the coffin of the ravaged body we call home. As a business owner I am truly scared of what we are facing over the next few years, as I see no hope of anything changing to help our situation.

Harlan will be around for a couple of more decades. The other towns will start sinking starting within 5 years. The Tri City area, (Cumberland 1st, Lynch soon after and Benham 3rd) will be the first to sink, Loyall after that and then Evarts. A coach told me this and I believe him.
Jasmine
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Legion » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:42 am

common cents wrote:I am one of the people that happen to live in a location that allows me to know just how much traffic comes in to Harlan County from the 119 highway. And believe me when I tell you that its a substantial number of vehicles that are coming in here and spending time and outside money in many of what's left of our retail shops. If a buyer that can continue to allow the park to operate is found then things might be OK, but if not this could be the final nail in the coffin of the ravaged body we call home. As a business owner I am truly scared of what we are facing over the next few years, as I see no hope of anything changing to help our situation.

I see those big pick up trucks pulling trailers with atv's and other all terrain vehicles on them all weekend long.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby ScArEcRoW » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:15 am

Jasmine wrote:

Harlan will be around for a couple of more decades. The other towns will start sinking starting within 5 years. The Tri City area, (Cumberland 1st, Lynch soon after and Benham 3rd) will be the first to sink, Loyall after that and then Evarts. A coach told me this and I believe him.

SSI Checks Keeps The Lights On! Those on the draw will be fine.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gurt B Frobe » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:44 am

Last one out turn the lights off.
“When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads.”
― Ron Paul
Gurt B Frobe
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:53 am

Does the park turn a profit?
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby Briscoe » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:03 pm

we can live without that damn fourwheeler park. it was a good thing but we have other good things around here to invest in. two lakes. imagion what we could do with them. camp sites, swimming pools, a place to boat, fish, park campers, pitch a tent or rent a cabin. even have the opportunity to screw a wild bear in the woods. not everybody has a damn fourwheeler.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Next

Return to Harlan County Gossip