Operation Fast & Furious UPDATE: Guns sent to Middle East

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Re: Operation Fast & Furious UPDATE: Guns sent to Middle Eas

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:05 am

GoDan wrote:What did he think would happen if you allow guns into the hands of Mexican criminals? They had no plan to make arrests once the guns were handed over.

GoDan, I haven't commented on this thread, because I can't know for certain, where the definitive blame for the entire Fast and Furious fiasco should go.

As a child, I remember overhearing adult conversations about the corrupt dealings of ATF agents. About agent extortion for dealer license and such. At some point the original intent of a simple regulatory agency, issuing license to firearms dealers and maintaining records of the same, morphed into ATF, law enforcement agency. IMO, ATF has always been somewhat of a rogue agency. At least since I've been alive.

It's easy enough to believe ATF hatched Operation Fast & Furious as cover for top down agency corruption, supplying arms to the Mexican Sinaloa Cartel. Especially considering testimony of ICE agents that were instructed by the Phoenix ATF agency to release some gunwalkers caught with illegal weapons crossing the border into Mexico. That fact alone establishes Agency heads were acting in collusion outside of it's own agency.

It's also easy enough to believe the AG's office knew of the covert corruption within ATF, and backed off from taking action due to Administration pressure because of the political backlash. Exposure of a major U.S. law enforcement agency neck deep in an extortion scheme would not play well for Democrats in an election.

As I said. I don't know the truth of the matter. I do know that eventually it will come to light. Until then, I will withhold assigning definitive blame for what was obviously at worse a treacherous scheme, or at best an ill conceived major screw up.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby goat47 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:54 am

I agree with that Cate!
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby upallnight » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 am

goat47 wrote:I agree with that Cate!

The ATF, and the DEA, know where the guns, the drugs, and the money's at.
upallnight

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 pm

upallnight wrote:
goat47 wrote:I agree with that Cate!

The ATF, and the DEA, know where the guns, the drugs, and the money's at.

At Pappy's house lol.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby VoteMout » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:34 am

GoDan, I haven't commented on this thread, because I can't know for certain, where the definitive blame for the entire Fast and Furious fiasco should go.

On someone in the Obama Administration.
VoteMout

Previous

Return to General Politics (Links Only)