The Fall of Rome.

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Re: The Fall of Rome.

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:50 am

Lookie Lookie.

Woman Goes Crazy In Store When Food Stamp Card Rejected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmINJq0GywE
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Briscoe » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:29 pm

did anybody mention the ethnicity of the woman in question?
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby PharmGirl » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:18 pm

GTR GRT GTR lol.
PharmGirl

Postby upallnight » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:06 pm

Food stamps no matter how you feel about it is the biggest threat on national security if not dolled out.
upallnight

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:04 pm

upallnight wrote:Food stamps no matter how you feel about it is the biggest threat on national security if not dolled out.

I know that many of you frown on food stamps, but they are necessary in a organized society.
Cornbread
Django

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:23 pm

Cornbread wrote:
upallnight wrote:Food stamps no matter how you feel about it is the biggest threat on national security if not dolled out.

I know that many of you frown on food stamps, but they are necessary in a organized society.

Food stamps are a major prop in this economy. That's why Trump or anyone else won't attack them successfully. They are far more important to the Walton familiy that gets 1 out of every 7 of them, than to the guy that some roght wonger attacks in a Walmart grocery line. That guy can go to a food pantry if push coms to shove. Walmart's stockholders can't replace their dividends so easily.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Personally, I would rather see commodity distribution rather than food stamps. I think more poor and elderly people would receive better nutrition with basic commodity distribution. But there is zero chance that unless the economy completely fails, we will see the return of commodity distribution. Corporations make too much money off of EBT transactions.

There's many ways to address the food, medical and housing issues the poor and working class face. For example Medicare could save billions in prescription drug cost and surgery's by including a benefit like in home hydrotherapy units (hot tubs and whirlpool bath tubs) for the elderly and disabled. Helping to keep these folks mobile, keeps them more healhty, avoiding illnesses brought on by sedentary lifestyles. Instead of drug rehab that is primarily counseling with a huge failure rate, I'd like to see a work component that builds a savings account to help addicts get on their feet, when they are sane enough to reintegrate into society. Couseling is needed, but it's only a doorway to sanity, not the residence.

Housing could be made more affordable for the poor and working class if instead of subsidizing rents, those subsidies could be made with a rent to own stipulation. Potential home owners have more incentive to keep up real property than renters. Sch a program would eventually pay for itself, while at the same time giving the poor a working class a larger stake in society.

None of this would cost taxpayers more. In fact they would result in reducing the cost of so called 'handouts' for future generations, expanding stake holders in society instead of eliminating them.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:33 pm

That's a nice post Cate. I'm for advancing people because it advances society. I would love to see commodities return but that won't happen. Food stamps should only pay for real food. Not processed, chips, cakes, or soda.
Demon Hunter

Postby goat47 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:12 pm

Drug test anyone receiving food stamps.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GoDan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:47 pm

goat47 wrote:Drug test anyone receiving food stamps.

I want to drug test Cate lol.
GoDan

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:04 pm

GoDan wrote:
goat47 wrote:Drug test anyone receiving food stamps.

I want to drug test Cate lol.

I've been tested for lots of things by lots of people but never for drugs. i'm okay with being tested for anything....even sanity. :D

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby PharmGirl » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:31 am

In the last 7 years the free stuff has grown, and the labor market has gotten smaller.
PharmGirl

Postby Demon Hunter » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:53 pm

I don't blame President Obama for the devistating shape our country is in. I blame the people who voted for him twice.
Demon Hunter

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:53 am

"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby goat47 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:11 am

goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

PreviousNext

Return to General Politics (Links Only)