The Fall of Rome.

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Re: The Fall of Rome.

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:17 pm

Hillary Clinton admitted NAFTA was a mistake when she was running ahainst Obama. She confined the result of that mistake to the Agreement not delivering what was hoped for. Specifically jobs in the industrial sector that would make shoes, text books, food, etc. for the Mexican polpulation that more than half were under age 25. That's how NAFTA was sold to both the Democrats and Republicans that passed it, and to Bill Clinton that signed the agreement. To Hillary's credit, she did vote against the CAFTA, citing her disappointment in the NAFTA.

The other devasting mistake Bill Clinton made was the repeal of the Glass Steigal Act that separated commercial banking from investment banking. He has since admitted it was a mistake to deregulate derivitives that Wall Street Investment Bankers sought and bought to the point of crashing our economy in 2008.

In his admission he defends his actions saying he believed the lines of investment and commercial banking were so blurred that derugulating derivatives wasn't a mistake at the time. He says his economic advisers believd that in erasing the lines that separated commercial and investment bankng that were being crossed anyway, the SEC could better regulate them. I don't buy this excuse. But I do appreciate his admission of the mistake.

Hillary once supported the TPP, and has since publically denounced it.

Do I believe Hillary Clinton can fix this panecea of mistakes that has devasted our working class, and all but eliminated our middle class? No. I don't believe she can. Nor do I believe any Administration, Republican or Democrat, can wave a magic wand and turn back the clock 70 years. I can only hope that Hillary Clinton has learned from both her husband's and her own mistakes, and have the will to work on undoing them.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cornbread » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:Hillary Clinton admitted NAFTA was a mistake when she was running ahainst Obama. She confined the result of that mistake to the Agreement not delivering what was hoped for. Specifically jobs in the industrial sector that would make shoes, text books, food, etc. for the Mexican polpulation that more than half were under age 25. That's how NAFTA was sold to both the Democrats and Republicans that passed it, and to Bill Clinton that signed the agreement. To Hillary's credit, she did vote against the CAFTA, citing her disappointment in the NAFTA.

The other devasting mistake Bill Clinton made was the repeal of the Glass Steigal Act that separated commercial banking from investment banking. He has since admitted it was a mistake to deregulate derivitives that Wall Street Investment Bankers sought and bought to the point of crashing our economy in 2008.

In his admission he defends his actions saying he believed the lines of investment and commercial banking were so blurred that derugulating derivatives wasn't a mistake at the time. He says his economic advisers believd that in erasing the lines that separated commercial and investment bankng that were being crossed anyway, the SEC could better regulate them. I don't buy this excuse. But I do appreciate his admission of the mistake.

Hillary once supported the TPP, and has since publically denounced it.

Do I believe Hillary Clinton can fix this panecea of mistakes that has devasted our working class, and all but eliminated our middle class? No. I don't believe she can. Nor do I believe any Administration, Republican or Democrat, can wave a magic wand and turn back the clock 70 years. I can only hope that Hillary Clinton has learned from both her husband's and her own mistakes, and have the will to work on undoing them.

Of course they both have had to say that it was a mistake because it's obvious it was a mistake. Just like the TPP that Clinton said was the Gold Standard in trade agreements. Now she see's that the general public is against it, she's against it.
Cornbread
Django

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:30 pm

A lot of polls have been conducted on the TPP by reasearchers, PEW. The consensus of all of these polls is that the majority of the American public don't know much of anything about it. Interestly, in ever poll conducted that asked if free trade was a bad thing for America or a good thing, the majority of Republicans polled said it was a bad thing, and the majority of Democrats polled said it was a good thing.

Republicans, whom have traditionally supported free trade agreements are now against them acccording to poll results.

Still, with the majority American public having little or no knowledge of the TPP, and 51% of polled Democrats supporting free trade negations who is Hillary Clinton pandering to by denouncing TPP as a bad deal?

'Within the U.S., there are partisan differences on support for TPP. Democrats (51%) are slightly more willing to support the trade negotiations compared with Republicans (43%), while half of independents show their support.'

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... ntries-do/

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:13 am

Cate McCalley wrote:A lot of polls have been conducted on the TPP by reasearchers, PEW. The consensus of all of these polls is that the majority of the American public don't know much of anything about it. Interestly, in ever poll conducted that asked if free trade was a bad thing for America or a good thing, the majority of Republicans polled said it was a bad thing, and the majority of Democrats polled said it was a good thing.

Republicans, whom have traditionally supported free trade agreements are now against them acccording to poll results.

Still, with the majority American public having little or no knowledge of the TPP, and 51% of polled Democrats supporting free trade negations who is Hillary Clinton pandering to by denouncing TPP as a bad deal?

'Within the U.S., there are partisan differences on support for TPP. Democrats (51%) are slightly more willing to support the trade negotiations compared with Republicans (43%), while half of independents show their support.'

These "free trade" agreements hurt the American worker most. What they actually do is increase imports, and encourage companies to outsource.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:30 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:A lot of polls have been conducted on the TPP by reasearchers, PEW. The consensus of all of these polls is that the majority of the American public don't know much of anything about it. Interestly, in ever poll conducted that asked if free trade was a bad thing for America or a good thing, the majority of Republicans polled said it was a bad thing, and the majority of Democrats polled said it was a good thing.

These "free trade" agreements hurt the American worker most. What they actually do is increase imports, and encourage companies to outsource.

They don't do what those selling them would have us believe they can do. They can't improve the lives of workers in China or Indonesia etc., or their working conditions or their environmental safety precautions. Because the established rules and practices of those sovereign countries can only change the extent they are challenged. The cogs of the wheel that produces products and goods specifically labor, does not have a seat at the international tribunals that oversee these agreements.

In reality, these agreements legally sanction the exploitation of workers, contain and control the growth of the middle class, and exploit resources around the world. They are meant to sustain and grow the wealth of established elite in every signatory country. In making these agreements the elite are assured workers will never have a seat at the table. And will never be fairly compensated for their part in the ever rolling wheel of industry.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby VoteMout » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:18 pm

I like when she was asked about the TPP by the debate moderator and he asked will you say anything to get elected lol.
VoteMout

Postby Cornbread » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:30 pm

Seems that Trump's good for the stock market.
Cornbread
Django

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:58 pm

Cornbread wrote:Seems that Trump's good for the stock market.

I guess you never bothered to see who funded Trumps PAC's did you? If you had you certainly wouldn't be surprised about the incredible dip election day and it's incredible quickly stabilization once it was clear Trump would win the election.

You Trumpster's have been completely bamboozled. If any one of you had considered the greatest con man's words that ever lived, Mr.P .T. Barnam's , 'There's a sucker born every minute', you wouldn't have voted for one of our country's greatest con men.

Unless of course, being a mark and a sucker doesn't bother you.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Legion » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:27 pm

Like Hillary said in her speech to Wall Street. I have to say one thing publicly and another privately. That's a big wink, so don't worry big corporate exec's.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:

I guess you never bothered to see who funded Trumps PAC's did you? If you had you certainly wouldn't be surprised about the incredible dip election day and it's incredible quickly stabilization once it was clear Trump would win the election.

You Trumpster's have been completely bamboozled. If any one of you had considered the greatest con man's words that ever lived, Mr.P .T. Barnam's , 'There's a sucker born every minute', you wouldn't have voted for one of our country's greatest con men.

You're getting stupider by the minute... Why don't you go to your safe zone and stay until you are able to cope again... All this hatred and vitriol from someone as enlightened as yourself worry's me... If it was some of the commoners it would be different, but as you've said on here at the very least ten thousand fucking times, you are above all that!!! That is something a deplorable or a redneck would do, but not you... Seems you may be having a little trouble with practicing what you preach... I'm an asshole, but I'm not a hypocrite about it... Grow the fuck up, bitch!!!!
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

You're getting stupider by the minute... Why don't you go to your safe zone and stay until you are able to cope again... All this hatred and vitriol from someone as enlightened as yourself worry's me... If it was some of the commoners it would be different, but as you've said on here at the very least ten thousand fucking times, you are above all that!!! That is something a deplorable or a redneck would do, but not you... Seems you may be having a little trouble with practicing what you preach... I'm an asshole, but I'm not a hypocrite about it... Grow the fuck up, bitch!!!!

Yes you are indeed a proud asshole. That's nothing to brag about.

I haven't practiced or preached anything but what I believe to be truth. I know, it hurts. You have the next four years to determine if I'm a hypocrite. One thing you already know is that I'm not a deplorable redneck.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Briscoe » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:14 pm

we just love watching you squirm and knash your teeth cate.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Briscoe wrote:we just love watching you squirm and knash your teeth cate.

Good Lord Briscoe! You should know better. I accept people as is. We are all free to and do as we please to the extent that we know our rights end when anothers begin.

I've said many times, we are a nation governed by The Rule of Law. A secular government, not a religious one. There's nothing that gives me reason to squirm and gnash my teeth. i'm not emotional about the terrible state of affairs our nation finds itself in. I don't enjoy the pain our people have been going through, or the suffering yet to come. But I know and accept it's part of the process.

I would be a fool to ignore Isaac Newton's universal 2nd law of motion. For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Briscoe » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:14 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Briscoe wrote:we just love watching you squirm and knash your teeth cate.

Good Lord Briscoe! You should know better. I accept people as is. We are all free to and do as we please to the extent that we know our rights end when anothers begin.

I've said many times, we are a nation governed by The Rule of Law. A secular government, not a religious one. There's nothing that gives me reason to squirm and gnash my teeth. i'm not emotional about the terrible state of affairs our nation finds itself in. I don't enjoy the pain our people have been going through, or the suffering yet to come. But I know and accept it's part of the process.

I would be a fool to ignore Isaac Newton's universal 2nd law of motion. For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction.

like i said, we love it . keep it up.
"get that son of a bitch off the field...he's fired." - donald trump
Briscoe
HornDog

Previous

Return to General Politics (Links Only)