What Would Jesus Be? Republican or Democrat?

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

What Would Jesus Be? Republican or Democrat?

Postby ScArEcRoW » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:46 am

My preacher brought politics to the pulpit this weekend by asking What would Jesus be; Republican or Democrat. I estimate that our congregational make up would be 70% Dem 30% Rep. As he pointed out Democrats support gay rights, God calls it an abomination. Abortion, God refers to fetuses as unborn children. Regarding Republicans he spoke of greed and money. "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24
I saw a lot of red faced parishioner Sunday, but I don't know if it was anger or guilt.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Re: What Would Jesus Be? Republican or Democrat?

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:52 am

ScArEcRoW wrote:My preacher brought politics to the pulpit this weekend by asking What would Jesus be; Republican or Democrat. I estimate that our congregational make up would be 70% Dem 30% Rep. As he pointed out Democrats support gay rights, God calls it an abomination. Abortion, God refers to fetuses as unborn children. Regarding Republicans he spoke of greed and money. "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24
I saw a lot of red faced parishioner Sunday, but I don't know if it was anger or guilt.

Partisan politics produce anger, not embarrassment. I only wish it did.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:54 am

Yeah, he's fiddin to be lookin for a new church. Democrats go ape shit if you question their party platform.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby goat47 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 am

Jesus wouldn't vote. He could not vote for the lesser of two evils.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Jesus would be a Democrat.
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby Legion » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Gunslinger wrote:Jesus would be a Democrat.

Have you lost your mind?
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby PharmGirl » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:31 pm

The Devil would be a Democrat.
PharmGirl

Postby Pappy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:49 pm

PharmGirl wrote:The Devil would be a Democrat.

Ur all Democrats you just play along with Funk. :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Rip Torn » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:50 pm

Constitutionalist.
Rip Torn

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:39 pm

He would be a Jehovah's Witness...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm

I would like to know where all these riches are that us registered republicans have... That is just a stereotype not a belief... Go back to your preacher and ask him if he has ever seen Negroes that didn't tap dance, eat fried chicken, and watermelon... You may also tell him for me that he is a dumb shit and should have a proctologist check him for a brain tumor... I certainly resent being branded, by some sanctimonious asshole like him... No question where his politics lie... MSNBC watching, Obama suck ass democrat... Dumbass!!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Gopher » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 pm

ScArEcRoW wrote:My preacher brought politics to the pulpit this weekend by asking What would Jesus be; Republican or Democrat. I estimate that our congregational make up would be 70% Dem 30% Rep. As he pointed out Democrats support gay rights, God calls it an abomination. Abortion, God refers to fetuses as unborn children. Regarding Republicans he spoke of greed and money. "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24

He gave it to both parties.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:56 pm

Gopher wrote:

He gave it to both parties.

Yes, but a very biased, and unfair assessment of the republicans...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:58 pm

I honestly can't see how anyone could be a democrat and a Christian at the same time... You can't serve two masters...
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:03 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:I would like to know where all these riches are that us registered republicans have... That is just a stereotype not a belief... Go back to your preacher and ask him if he has ever seen Negroes that didn't tap dance, eat fried chicken, and watermelon... You may also tell him for me that he is a dumb shit and should have a proctologist check him for a brain tumor... I certainly resent being branded, by some sanctimonious asshole like him... No question where his politics lie... MSNBC watching, Obama suck ass democrat... Dumbass!!!!

Lordy Pearl AWG! Once again you have allowed your passion to trump your manners.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Next

Return to General Politics (Links Only)