What Would Jesus Be? Republican or Democrat?

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Re: What Would Jesus Be? Republican or Democrat?

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Jasmine wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

Jasmine thank you so much for this post!!! This young man rapped the TRUTH. No doubt you are a true Christian. Thank you.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:30 am

ScArEcRoW wrote:My preacher brought politics to the pulpit this weekend by asking What would Jesus be; Republican or Democrat. I estimate that our congregational make up would be 70% Dem 30% Rep. As he pointed out Democrats support gay rights, God calls it an abomination. Abortion, God refers to fetuses as unborn children. Regarding Republicans he spoke of greed and money. "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24
I saw a lot of red faced parishioner Sunday, but I don't know if it was anger or guilt.

Is he still your Preacher LOL???
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gopher » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:44 pm

Jesus Christ is a white middle class republican, and if you want to be saved, you have to learn to be like him lol.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:23 am

ScArEcRoW wrote:My preacher brought politics to the pulpit this weekend by asking What would Jesus be; Republican or Democrat. I estimate that our congregational make up would be 70% Dem 30% Rep. As he pointed out Democrats support gay rights, God calls it an abomination. Abortion, God refers to fetuses as unborn children. Regarding Republicans he spoke of greed and money. "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24
I saw a lot of red faced parishioner Sunday, but I don't know if it was anger or guilt.

Has your preacher brought up the Presidential election?
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby upallnight » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:00 am

I'm guessing he was ran out of town.
upallnight

Postby Legion » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Jesus wouldn't stoop so low as to support either party.
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Demon Hunter » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:10 am

Gopher wrote:Jesus Christ is a white middle class republican, and if you want to be saved, you have to learn to be like him lol.

Somehow I missed this post. It made me laugh lol.
Demon Hunter

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:08 pm

He would almost have to be a republican, because democrats don't believe he exists...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Legion » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:39 am

I personally believe he would send both parties to Hell!
Legion
Always A Bride

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Jesus would be a Democrat because we help the poor.
Gunslinger
Crooked Hillary

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Gunslinger wrote:Jesus would be a Democrat because we help the poor.

You're also atheists dumbass!!!
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Mermaid » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:Jesus would be a Democrat because we help the poor.

You're also atheists dumbass!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and they kill unborn babies.
Mermaid
The First Lady

Postby Political Plague » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Things heard at a Bernie Sanders Rally!

The world is against me. Poor me. I can't amount to anything. I'm unlucky. Other people are more lucky than me. I was born poor. Other people are born rich. Those people don't deserve what they have. I can't have nice things. I can't be smart. I can't be educated. I can't better my situation. My whole life has to suck. Poor me. Let me spend my whole life making excuses. Why change myself when I can blame others?
Political Plague

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:43 am

Political Plague wrote:Things heard at a Bernie Sanders Rally!

The world is against me. Poor me. I can't amount to anything. I'm unlucky. Other people are more lucky than me. I was born poor. Other people are born rich. Those people don't deserve what they have. I can't have nice things. I can't be smart. I can't be educated. I can't better my situation. My whole life has to suck. Poor me. Let me spend my whole life making excuses. Why change myself when I can blame others?

I like you Political Plague.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:29 am

Political Plague wrote:Things heard at a Bernie Sanders Rally!

The world is against me. Poor me. My vote doesn't count.

I can't amount to anything. The established powers of representation, do not represent me.

I'm unlucky. Other people are more lucky than me. I was born poor. Other people are born rich. My parents, their parents and their parents before, have struggled to exist and eventually be secure. We helped those acquiring and inheriting wealth to keep it. Shouldn't they at least want security from destitution for us?

Those people don't deserve what they have. My family has worked for generations to support a system that rewards hard work. Those that have benefited most from our hard work, no longer acknowledge our contibution. They don't deserve what we have given them.

I can't have nice things. I can't be smart. I can't be educated. I can't better my situation. I can't compete in a world where I'm forced to participate in planned consumerism. The nice things I get are destined to the junk pile before I can fully own them, or leave them to benefit my own children. I can't compete with people from other countries who get their foundational education for free. Even if I am smart, I can't compete with those that have the money to pay for advanced learning of higher educational institutions. Being 'smart' isn't enough. I must be exceptionally brilliant to compete with those that have the benefit of a free education in other countries, and those of that inherited wealth here.

My whole life has to suck. Poor me. Let me spend my whole life making excuses. Why change myself when I can blame others?
One of Newton's Laws of motion tells me what happens when an irresitable force meets an immovable object. A system that perptuates my situation of poverty and dependency (an immovable object) can only pass the energy of my efforts to change it (irresistible force) through it.

It is the system that must change, not the irresistible force of poverty and dependency that passes through it.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Previous

Return to General Politics (Links Only)