Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement - PASSED 60-38

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Re: Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement - PASSED 60-38

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
PharmGirl wrote:Cate want's it to pass so bad she can't stand it.

No I don't. Go back to the first page on this topic. I outlined everything that is wrong with TPP. Neither Trump or Clinton would have ever made it an issue had it been possible to scuttle it in some fashion. The Republican House passed it. It wasn't passed by the Senate because they didn't have the 60 votes needed to overcome a filibuster. The Senate will have them after January 20th. It will pass. It may very well get a cosmetic repackaging, but the free trade conservatives, now a majority will ignore any internal 'Freedom' opposition against it.

There's no doubt that it would have passed in the same manner had Clinton been elected. It just would have been more difficult.

Nobody on this forum can know how much it bothers me to be the one to burst the bubble about the direction our country is taking.

I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton because she was the best choice for our country. I voted and supported her because it was clear that Bernie Sanders would have a significant role in her Adminstration. He earned it and could not have been denied. She was the best choice given the two I had to choose from.

It was also clear that out of 17 Primary Republican Candidates, not one of them emerged with true conservative values. I'm talking about economic and social conservative values. Not values that uphold a completely lopsided distribution of wealth, or exclusive religious values, or values that do not recognize a Republic's evolution of a democracy. True conservatism that embraces economic and social equality. Values that encourage personal freedom with opportunity to shape one's own destiny. Values that support free trade and effiecient government over isolationism and inept bureaucracy.

Trump is not a conservative. Nothing in his history shows that he has ever been. He doesn't have either the judgement, temperment or experience to lead our country. He will have to depend on a three way fractured Party, led by the elites, evangicals and constitutional foundationalist. All of which must act to support their constituencies to keep what is most important to them, their jobs.

All is not lost. Either the Republican Party will understand that it cannot retain power unless it is able to remake itself. If it can be the Party that can and will represent all Americans, of which the demographics have shifted that include a largely unrepresented minority of different races, and of which include great numbers of those minorities and women that contribute to our GDP, it can succeed in keeping the two party system intact.

If it cannot, it will forfeit that opportunity to the Democrat Party. A Party that has no illusions what it needs to do, but may not yet understand that establishment politics of the past, that have ignored and supported a growing inept bureaucracy, no matter how well intended, will not survive.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:26 am

From the new official White House webpage.

Mr. Trump will begin by “withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and making certain that any new trade deals are in the interests of American workers.” He will renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, and if Mexico and Canada won’t renegotiate that deal, Mr. Trump “will give notice of the United States’ intent to withdraw” from that agreeme
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:31 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:From the new official White House webpage.

Mr. Trump will begin by “withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and making certain that any new trade deals are in the interests of American workers.” He will renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, and if Mexico and Canada won’t renegotiate that deal, Mr. Trump “will give notice of the United States’ intent to withdraw” from that agreeme

Both Mexico and Canada are open to negotiations on NAFTA. What 'protections' of American jobs Trump is able to procure will largely be reflected in his proposed corporate tax cuts. Which in effect will do exactly what Reagan did. Quadruple our national debt, subsequently and incrementally shift the tax burden onto the working and middle class.

I believe Australia will assist in realizing the objectives of the TPP that will be repackaged with a new face, and a new name. It's doubtful that any substitute TPP will lock China out of controlling the currencies of the asian signatory countries, if they are not completely prohibited from trading even in the smallest form, from signatory countries. Considering Trump's personal empire is deeply indebted to Chinese banks, it more likely any repackaged TPP Agreement will open new Asian markets for China, not close them.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Political Plague » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:02 pm

You can't be happy that Trump plans on cancelling the TPP.
Political Plague

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Political Plague wrote:You can't be happy that Trump plans on cancelling the TPP.

As I said PP, I think it will be repackaged and sold with a new name.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby goat47 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Which President was it who was pushing the TPP??????
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:55 pm

goat47 wrote:Which President was it who was pushing the TPP??????

At least you were made aware of it. You won't get any information about what your President is up to if he can't bullshit the naive into supporting it.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gopher » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
goat47 wrote:Which President was it who was pushing the TPP??????

At least you were made aware of it. You won't get any information about what your President is up to if he can't bullshit the naive into supporting it.

Since she won't answer I will. President Obama.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Previous

Return to General Politics (Links Only)