Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement - PASSED 60-38

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement - PASSED 60-38

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Last December I posted the following under the "Trickle Down Economics" thread in response to VoteMout's post
"Tax reductions can stimulate the economy. Over time, tax cuts drive business growth."

"Tax breaks for US small and mid size businesses can stimulate the economy, as long as they aren't shifted back onto the backs of the working and middle class. They do not in any way help stimulate the economy when given to multi national corporations. A recent study shows there more than 2 trillion US dollars sitting in off shore accounts belonging to US based multi national corporations. Money that if brought ashore would be taxed. And why shouldn't it be? These corporations have and use the protection of our US Military and our International Corporate Trade Agreements and our government. Where in the hell do you think that 2 trillion will be invested? In the US, China, India or Indonesia? My money says it will be Indonesia. The 12 countries that have signed the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement. More cheap tariff free disposable consumer goods made by Indonesians coming in for US consumers, not consumer goods made by US citizens begging for jobs. Wake up!"

This is just one of the problems with the Trans Pacific Partnership Agrrement (TPP).

I want to explain the real issues hidden within the TPP, that Congressional leaders and The Obama Administration hopes to fast track into law next month.

"The administration hopes to conclude the mostly secret negotiations on the TPP this spring. It has asked Congress for fast-track trade promotion authority to expedite its enactment and prevent Congress from amending whatever agreement the president negotiates. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.; Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah; and Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., are cooperating with the Obama administration to move trade promotion authority and the TPP through Congress."

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/obamas-new-f ... G7zhYff.99

Obama has referred to the agreement as "rules for the world's economy", and it's terms require state and national to conform to the Agreements binding and enforceable laws.

The following is excerpted from the above link;

"The congressmen backing the TPP are some of the same congressmen pushing for legislation currently sitting in both the Senate and House to more than double the number of H1B guest-worker visas issued annually while allowing nearly unlimited student visas. The House bill is called the SKILLS Visa Act, and the Senate version is called the ISquared bill.

The Wilson Center provides a sense of the numbers in the TPP pact. Its study, “Barriers to Cross-Border Labor Mobility,” says “a global shortage of 42 million skilled workers in the near future will necessitate discussions and progress on the movement of talent across borders around the world.”

“Skilled workers” means high-tech workers. Guest worker visas, including H1B and L1 visas, have been slammed for replacing American tech workers with lower-paid foreign labor, often trained by the Americans they are replacing.

Sen. Hatch, in conjunction with Silicon Valley tech companies and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, has been leading the push for an “immigration reform” that would allow corporations to bring in ever greater numbers of workers from overseas.

Hatch and the chamber are also lead proponents of the TransPacific Partnership. The immigration policies written into trade agreements like the TPP would allow corporations to hire personnel anywhere in the world while preventing Congress from placing numerical limits on the number of worker visas, a major goal of the open border/immigration lobby.

At a congressional hearing Tuesday, globalist interests pushed back against attempts to limit their ability to move workers across borders at will.

The TransPacific Partnership would not only allow the immigration lobby to bypass the legislative process, it would take Obama’s executive amnesty one step further.

By enshrining immigration policy in international diplomatic law, no future Congress would be able to change the policy"

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/obamas-new-f ... G7zhYff.99

I've been asking why people are not pushing for Immigratioon Reform to be The top priority of Congress? It should be obvious now. The fast tracked TPP will do it for them and forever open our borders, not just to the south but to the world.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Re: Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement -what is it?

Postby clark bailey » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:33 pm

A bad idea, that's what it is.
clark bailey

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:48 pm

I expect it to produce the same results as NAFTA. It will kill more manufacturing jobs which will be another hit to the middle class.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby goat47 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:52 pm

To loosly quote Ross Perot. That sucking sound you will hear is NAFTA sucking jobs into Mexico.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:52 pm

clark bailey wrote:A bad idea, that's what it is.

A horrible idea is what it is... I would love to see the UN moved to one of them Arab country's, and us get the hell out of it...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:12 am

goat47 wrote:To loosly quote Ross Perot. That sucking sound you will hear is NAFTA sucking jobs into Mexico.

The TPP is said to be NAFTA on steroids.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:45 am

I have bitched about NAFTA and I'm still bitching about it. I had heard about the TPP but didn't really know many details until reading Cates post and link. Every President has signed a law, executive order, or bill that has been harmful to our nation. It defies logical thinking.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Gopher » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:45 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I have bitched about NAFTA and I'm still bitching about it. I had heard about the TPP but didn't really know many details until reading Cates post and link. Every President has signed a law, executive order, or bill that has been harmful to our nation. It defies logical thinking.

I don't understand the purpose other than to help the wealthy become more wealthy.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Gopher wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I have bitched about NAFTA and I'm still bitching about it. I had heard about the TPP but didn't really know many details until reading Cates post and link. Every President has signed a law, executive order, or bill that has been harmful to our nation. It defies logical thinking.

I don't understand the purpose other than to help the wealthy become more wealthy.

There's much more at stake for Americans than just the wealthy getting wealthier. Namely Home Rule. This Agreement, when passed will remove power of our Congress to set limits on immigration and subject all American businesses and States, including those claiming intellectual propriety, foreign investment protections and dispute settlements at the hands of an International Tribunal made up of the Agreement signers. Our Congress will no longer have the power to set regulations protecting American jobs or businesses from international regulations set by a select international tribunal The TPP meetings have been entirely secret with participants agreeing not to release any documents until after four years it passes. Can you imagine allowing a Trade Agreement to pass that doesn't even allow the basis of the Agreement to be disclosed until 4 years after it takes effect???

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
Gopher wrote:

There's much more at stake for Americans than just the wealthy getting wealthier. Namely Home Rule. This Agreement, when passed will remove power of our Congress to set limits on immigration and subject all American businesses and States, including those claiming intellectual propriety, foreign investment protections and dispute settlements at the hands of an International Tribunal made up of the Agreement signers. Our Congress will no longer have the power to set regulations protecting American jobs or businesses from international regulations set by a select international tribunal The TPP meetings have been entirely secret with participants agreeing not to release any documents until after four years it passes. Can you imagine allowing a Trade Agreement to pass that doesn't even allow the basis of the Agreement to be disclosed until 4 years after it takes effect???

This is what Citizens.Org has to say about the TPP:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMsZAVnySI

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:18 pm

The TPP is a disaster.
Demon Hunter

Postby Angry Whiteguy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:The TPP is a disaster.

It's what liberal progressives have wanted for years... Turn us over to a UN like organization and have A-rabs, U-ropians, Pollocks, and everybody else telling us what to do...
Your government is your master!!! Resistance is illegal, and futile!!!
Angry Whiteguy
ReSiDeNt EvIl

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:39 am

In reality we need to kick the UN out of the United States. The only thing they do is judge other nations without any action.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:11 am

Angry Whiteguy wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:The TPP is a disaster.

It's what liberal progressives have wanted for years... Turn us over to a UN like organization and have A-rabs, U-ropians, Pollocks, and everybody else telling us what to do...

From what little has been leaked on the deal, Both the left and right of the center are voicing opposition. The major proponents of the agreement are the Obsma Administration, Wall Street and the Republican Party.

It has been touted as a bipartisan effort that would increase export jobs for the U.S. And build our economy. The same propaganda used to get NAFTA passed. The major beneficiaries of that agreement have been the multi-national "Monsanto's" of the Agreement.

We got to see U.S. Products cheapened using inferior materials and parts supplied by those non-U.S. NAFTA participants, and our manufacturing base and jobs disappear. It made people like me long for the days when I was able to purchase a John Deere tractor made of reliable parts, that would actually stand up to the job for more than a couple of years. Or a Presto percolator that has a heating element that actually perks water hot enough to actually brew coffee. Americans used to take great pride in our products. The entire world preferred them because our manufacturing regulations and business practices assured them they were getting the best their money could buy. Not some imitation junk that looked good but did not perform.

The excuse Obsma is using that China is manipulation it's currency domestically that makes their products 25% cheaper to buy here and 25% higher for the Chinese to buy, doesnt hold water as a valid argument for implementing another so called "Trade" Agreement with other Pacific countries. That problem could be remedied by simply emnforcing the terms of our present trade agreement with China, that prohibits domestic currency manipulation.

Keep your ears and eyes open, mainstream media will have to address the TPP issue in the the coming weeks. We will get to see some true colors emerge from this opaque pallet of deception.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby ScArEcRoW » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:59 am

Looks like labor union support of President Obama will once again bite them in the ass.
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Next

Return to General Politics (Links Only)