Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement - PASSED 60-38

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Re: Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement - PASSED 60-38

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:30 am

Personally I think it's dead in the water.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:08 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Personally I think it's dead in the water.

My prediction; It will pass within the first hundred days of Trump's administration.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:49 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Personally I think it's dead in the water.

My prediction; It will pass within the first hundred days of Trump's administration.

I will bet money that it won't.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Political Plague » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:20 pm

The TPP is dead as a doornail.
Political Plague

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Charles Schumer has announced that Congress won't ratify the TPP.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:34 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Charles Schumer has announced that Congress won't ratify the TPP.

Australia is pushing the other 11 nations involved to sign a 'porvidionsl agreement' while TPP is in 'suspension'. This tells me it's in a temporary, not permanent state of abandonment until it can be tweaked a bit, named something else and passed.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:01 pm

Cate McCalley wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:Charles Schumer has announced that Congress won't ratify the TPP.

Australia's government is pushing the other 11 nations involved to sign a 'provisional' TPP agreement' while America Is in 'suspension'. This tells me it's in a temporary, not permanent state of abandonment until it can be tweaked a bit, named something else and passed.

Any provisional TPP agreement signed by the 11 proposed trade partners, will likely include language that would make it possible for the U.S. to adopt and sign the agreement with specific addendum's. The only reason to sign such a provisional agreement would to give the U.S.Congress time to adopt the agreement, sell it as re-worked (but secret) agreement the great negotiator has negotiated that will 'make America great again'.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:45 am

I'm in total disagreement. Trump won't sign it into law.
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:24 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:I'm in total disagreement. Trump won't sign it into law.

You won't recognize the agreement as TPP. However it's repackaged and sold, Australia will be the primary negotiator of any agreement that piggy backs TPP.

Trump cannot impose a 45% tax on China's imports, without filling up Walmart's shelves with other slave labor Asian goods. What would happen to the rural regions of the country with depressed wages that are largely dependent on Walmart's chinese imports?

Another important part of TPP is the labor swap of highly trained technological labor that has kept our nations competitive technological edge. How do you shrink HB 1 Visa's that pay half for foreign technological labor than that of American technocrats and keep your competitive edge?

Aside from meeting corporate America demands for cheap techno and industrial labor, Trump will also have to meet Wall Streets demands to keep the boom and bust cycle going. Already CDO's are back, but not with the potential they to build the housing market crash. They have been repackaged and renamed. Known now as 'bespoken tranche opportunity'. Same product. Different name. How do you expect Trump, who has declared his love for debt to do anything but push the BTO debt?

We can get into how Trump's tax cut on the wealthy will affect the working class, but all you need to do is look at the Reagan years to figure it out. It isn't complicated. Sure you can put people to work rebuilding infrastructure, but workers rebuilding it and any other industrial worker tax base can't cover the cost of rebuilding the infrastructure alone, much less afford the taxes that would be needed to recapitalize our industrial base. Even if workers donated 90% of their income to recapitalizing our industrial base, U.S. Workers cannot compete with the slave wages of the Asian countries recently recapitalized.

I know some of America's anger was dampened by channeling their anger into what they believed would bring the economic improvement we so desparately need. I wonder how Americans will channel their disappointment when the reality sets in that the U.S.A is stuck with globalism and our major political Party's are it's cornerstone?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:38 pm

America will be fine and dandy. Even if Hillary or Bernie were elected. The principals the Founding Fathers built this nation on will assure this.
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:22 am

Demon Hunter wrote:America will be fine and dandy. Even if Hillary or Bernie were elected. The principals the Founding Fathers built this nation on will assure this.

America elected Trump, a man with zero experience of service to our country either military or public, for his isolationist rhetoric that he can't deliver on. They voted their anger, not a solution to the problems causing their anger. Those voting for Trump believe his divisive rhetoric. That 'he and he alone' will solve their problems. Kick out illegals, ban muslims, build a wall, tear up trade agreements. Believing he could and would do these things, never requiring him to present a workable plan that would prove he could do any of them voters ran to the polls to register their support of his promises.

I'm not upset about the re-election result. I pretty much know a leopard can't change it's spots. I had hoped the pain of disappointment could be avoided, even knowing it would be a longer process I was willing to trade slower progress for less pain. Unfortunately those that will suffer most are those that voted against their own self interest. The upsetting results of this election for them, is yet to come.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gopher » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:13 am

Cate McCalley wrote:
Demon Hunter wrote:America will be fine and dandy. Even if Hillary or Bernie were elected. The principals the Founding Fathers built this nation on will assure this.

America elected Trump, a man with zero experience of service to our country either military or public, for his isolationist rhetoric that he can't deliver on. They voted their anger, not a solution to the problems causing their anger. Those voting for Trump believe his divisive rhetoric. That 'he and he alone' will solve their problems. Kick out illegals, ban muslims, build a wall, tear up trade agreements. Believing he could and would do these things, never requiring him to present a workable plan that would prove he could do any of them voters ran to the polls to register their support of his promises.

I'm not upset about the re-election result. I pretty much know a leopard can't change it's spots. I had hoped the pain of disappointment could be avoided, even knowing it would be a longer process I was willing to trade slower progress for less pain. Unfortunately those that will suffer most are those that voted against their own self interest. The upsetting results of this election for them, is yet to come.

America also elected a freshman Senator who never had a private sector job in his life.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Gopher wrote:
Cate McCalley wrote:

America also elected a freshman Senator who never had a private sector job in his life.

Voters in America were given the opportunity to vote for Bernie Sanders, a man with a proven record of political independence and the ability to work with both major parties to bring about the only political change that will work for Americans and not the elites that control both partys. They didn't.

The establishment cannot be challenged or changed by voting for anti-estabishment rhetoric, democrat or republican. Tpthis will vecome abundantly clear over the next few years.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby PharmGirl » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Cate want's it to pass so bad she can't stand it.
PharmGirl

Postby Cate McCalley » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:55 pm

PharmGirl wrote:Cate want's it to pass so bad she can't stand it.

No I don't. Go back to the first page on this topic. I outlined everything that is wrong with TPP. Neither Trump or Clinton would have ever made it an issue had it been possible to scuttle it in some fashion. The Republican House passed it. It wasnt passed by the Senate because they didn't have the 60 votes needed to overcome a filibuster. The Senate will have them after January 20th. It will pass. It may very well get a cosmetic repackaging, but the free trade conservatives, now a majority will ignore any internal 'Freedom' opposition against it.

There's no doubt that it would have passed in the same manner had Clinton been elected. It just would have been more difficult.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

PreviousNext

Return to General Politics (Links Only)