GOP Primary

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Re: GOP Primary

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:01 am

Congress could not reach an agreement on a budget to fund our Fedreral Government, therefore it shut down at 12:01 AM today.

Some of the most critical negative effects fall on National Parks that must close, our military that cannot order any parts or equipment needed, and veterans that will not be paid benefits, including funding for education, real estate mortgages in process. Things like more than 800,000 federal employees are now furloughed and will not be paid, as they are prohibited from pay for personal days, sick days, vacation days, etc. during a shut down of government. However, Congress is exempt from this prohibition and will continue to be paid their monthly salary and expenses.

Regardless of the blame game the Republican Party is playing, insisting minority Democrats are responsible for our government shut down, ‘the proof is in the pudding’.

The shutdown is a result of Majority Republican Congress and the Republican Whitehouse failure to negotiate an acceptable budget, that includes a pathway for citizenship for more than 800,000 immigrant children that entered our country illegally, with the hope they could someday become American citizens.

The following votes prove the Republican led majority could not agree on a compromise within their own party ranks that would fund a budget to keep our Federal government funded and operable. Note, four Democrat Senators accepted the proposed budget and five Republican Senators did not.

Republicans voting against funding the proposed budget;
Jeff Flake (AZ), Mitch McConnell (KY), Rand Paul (KY), Lindsey Graham (SC) Mike Lee (UT).

Senate Democrats voting to fund the proposed budget;
Doug Jones (AL), Joe Donnelly (IN), Heidi Heitkamp (ND), Joe Manchin (WVA).

Independents voting against funding the proposed budget;
Angus King (MA), Bernie Sanders (VT).

Five Republican Senators (including Republican Senate Leader, Mitch McConnell) and two Independent Senators voted against the proposed budget, while four Democrat Senators voted for it.

All other Republican Senators voted yes on the proposed budget. All other Democrat Senators voted no on the proposed budget.

The votes clearly show the Republican Senate Majority, as well as the Democrat minority, drew a line in the sand with funding the proposed budget. An busget that excluded a path to citizenship for immigrant children (that entered our country illegally) yet spent their lives with the hope of becoming American citizens.

In refusing to kick the can down the road, the Senate Republican majority is forcing their Congressional colleagues to ‘deal with it’. And that’s a good thing.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby ScArEcRoW » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:33 am

I loved your line Cate. 800,000 who entered the country illegally. Explain why we should reward felons with citizenship?
ScArEcRoW
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:56 am

ScArEcRoW wrote:I loved your line Cate. 800,000 who entered the country illegally. Explain why we should reward felons with citizenship?

You safe Scarecrow you were a citizen before you were a felon. :lol:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:47 am

ScArEcRoW wrote:I loved your line Cate. 800,000 who entered the country illegally. Explain why we should reward felons with citizenship?

These children of which many are adults as old as 38, have spent most of their lives in the U.S. They attend or attended American schools, worked in American companies (some creating their own legal businesses) & do not know any other country as home. They were brought here by their parents whom are either U.S. citizens or have legal U.S. permanent residency status.

You contend these DACA protected children are felons, though no U.S. court has rendered a conviction of any of them that have never broken any of our laws.

As a parent I can assure you 100% that I would do anything possible to keep my children with me, even if that meant I would face a long legal battle.

The only way to fix our immigration problem is for Congress to get off their partisan asses and get to work reforming immigration.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:02 am

What I can’t reconcile in my mind, is why Republicans whom have shouted the ‘family value’ mantra for decades, are so hell bent on destroying these DACA families?

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:34 pm

The Trump camp is fomenting a conspiracy theory of ‘a deep state’ determined to delegitimize Trump’s Presidency and it’s control of the Republican Party.

We’ve seen this before, when Democrats went after Ken Starr for his investigation of President Clinton’s sexual misconduct that led him to blatantly lie to the American public and the world. It’s a simple strategy. Present the narrative those investigating the President are dirty. Therefore ‘everyone’s dirty’ and the President deserves a pass for complicity in inviting, defending and encouraging foreign influence in our electoral process

The Right wing can’t get away with firing Mueller. Neither will Trump get away with firing FBI Director Comey for refusing to protect Michael Flynn from prosecution for his complicity with a foreign government to influence our electoral process.

In the meantime the Right wing press is carrying out a ‘conservative’ (Republican Party) mandate to point it’s index finger to the FBI. Charging 5 months of email correspondence that were in the accounts of 9 out of 10 FBI agents, was deliberately ‘destroyed’ to cover up a deep State conspiracy that proves the entire FBI conspired to elect Hillary Clinton.

Well....they have a big problem selling that narrative. After all it was Director Comey, a Republican, that re-opened the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s emails sent over a non-government secured server. Yep, a Republican FBI Director re-opened a closed investigation 3 weeks before the general Nov. 2016 election, to determine if there was anything that Hillary Clinton had done to risk national security, and disqualify her from the Presidency.

Since then we have learned that the POTUS, the FBI, NSA & the CIA all knew as early as June 2016, that Russian operatives were at work in Social Media, in the U.S. Russian embassy and in Trump’s inner camp attempting to influence the election results, to elect Trump.

So how does this square with the narrative the ‘conservative’ press is trying to create of a ‘deep State’ conspiracy to elect Hillary Clinton? If there was an iota if truth to this, why would Obama, the FBI, NSA & the CIA withheld the evidence in their possession of the inner Trump camp’s meeting at Trump Tower with four Russian operatives on June 16,th 2016? Why wouldn’t the Obama WH have ‘leaked’ that information?

Hillary Clinton called Trump a ‘Russian puppet’ in the presidental debates. If there was a ‘deep State’ conspiracy that involved the FBI to elect Hillary Clinton, why then wasn’t Trump’s campaign manager Paul Manafort, not charged with money laundering crimes for Russian oligarchy’s he previously committed after Trump hired him to manage his ‘electoral vote’ campaign?

The current red herring the ‘conservative’ press is now narrating won’t do anything more than reinforce those that feed on conspiracy theories to obfuscate truth. All the rest will continue to support Mueller's investigation of foreign Russian influence of our electoral process, and follow wherever it leads....until it is completed.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:45 pm

The State of the union is pretty damn good.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:35 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The State of the union is pretty damn good.

Amazing isn’t it? In less than a year the greatest nation on earth has achieved world peace, eliminated hunger, sheltered the homeless, cured all terminal illnesses and made the lion to sleep peacefully with the lamb. Oh shoot! I just woke up!Strike everything (sorry about that).

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:46 am

Read the Memo Cate?
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:Read the Memo Cate?

Are you asking if I’ve read the the Devin Nunes declassified ‘memo’? The memo that’s been hyped in the past two weeks media cycle, that was supposed to end the Mueller investigation of Russian interference of our 2016 election?

The Mueller investigation that is now scrutinizing Carter Page, the ‘unpaid volunteer’ that Trump named his foreign advisor during his 2016 election campaign?

The memo that tries to present a case that the FISA court was not informed by the FBI and relied solely on unverified information of what is known as the ‘Steele Dossier’? The memo that doesn’t mention Christopher Steele (the Dossier author) was the head British Intelligence dedicated to collecting and countering Russian Intelligence for 16 years & retired before he was hired by Fusion? A firm that was first hired by Washington Beacon fronting for Republican primary candidates, and later picked up by Hillary Clinton’s campaign that also paid Fusion to gather oppositional research material on Trump?

The memo that admits in the very last paragraph it was George Papadopoulos conversation with the Australian Ambassador in July, 2016 that opened the investigation leading to the FBI’s request for a FISA warrant for surveillance of Carter Page, not unverified information of the Steele Dossier?

The memo written by Trump’s right hand stooge Republican Congressman Devin Nunes, that was supposed to be the atomic bomb of hard core evidence blasting the highest levels of the corrupt FBI?

The second Devin Nunes anti-climatic memo that turned out to be nothing more than a smoke bomb designed to detract the media from the real facts and story of Carter Page?

The story of exactly why Carter Page’s years of close Russia ties, long before Trump campaign named him Trump’s ‘unpaid volunteer’ foreign policy advisor, is of interest to Special Prosecutor Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference into our 2016 Presidential primary and general elections.

Yes, DH...I read the memo. In fact I read both of them. The one Trump’s attorney Mr. McGahn wrote requesting Nunes memo be declassified and shared with the public, as it was in the public interest.

McGahn is right. The public does need to know just how far the Republican President and his Republican stooges will go to obstruct justice.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am

We have a budget. Though Rand Paul shut down the government for five hours trying to rally Congress to add amendments in an effort to kill the bipartisan agreement, that would have kept the budget unfunded and shut down the government in the meantime. Paul stuck by his Libertarian guns to stall the vote until he actually did shut down the government for five hours.

Borrowing from a post I made during the first shut down, ‘The following votes prove the Republican led majority could not agree on a compromise within their own party ranks that would fund a budget to keep our Federal government funded and operable. Note, four Democrat Senators accepted the proposed budget and five Republican Senators did not.’

I stand by my assessment the disagreement within the Republican Party caused the first shut down. This time the Republican Party on the whole, ignored The Freedom Caucus usual tactics to disrupt any bipartisan legislation. Good for them.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Demon Hunter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:48 pm

You speak of a majority. The Republicans didn't have the same majority that Obama rammed Obamacare down our throats.
Demon Hunter

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Demon Hunter wrote:You speak of a majority. The Republicans didn't have the same majority that Obama rammed Obamacare down our throats.

The Affordable Care Act nicknamed ‘Obamacare’ passed the House by a 220-215 vote. It went to the Senate where a Democrat 60 member filibuster proof majority passed it.

Since it’s passage Republican House members who initially supported the individual mandate requiring everyone to purchase private insurance, later objected to the government subsidies that would help pay for its purchase.

There’s an 9 year history of the ACA ‘Obamacare’, and two decades of history of Congressional debate and actions preceding the passage of the ACA, that you really need to study before launching partisan sound bites on social media platforms.

If you do this, you will have a clear understanding of what to anticipate in the future, with respect to government sponsored health care coverage for Americans.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:18 pm

The mandate is my primary objection. I've stated that all along.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:49 pm

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:The mandate is my primary objection. I've stated that all along.

Yes you have. Congress knew Obamacare was not the magic bullet that would kill the problem of out of control medical care cost when it passed. It was the first step in the right direction, and not a very big step at that.

What it did was get a whole lot of American people out of the for profit insurance and medical care headlock it had. We’re still on the mat. We now have a fairer match and an opportunity to pin the for profit medical delivery and insurance industry. That’s progress, not perfection.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Previous

Return to General Politics (Links Only)