The Panama Papers - 'World's Kleptocrats Exposed'

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Re: The Panama Papers - 'World's Kleptocrats Exposed'

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:24 am

Obama's purging of the top brass in the military should worry you more than Putin and their elections. It's shocking the number of 4 star Generals Obama has relived of duty. If you disagree with this White House your a goner. Not to mention he wants to pussy up and emasculating the military.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:17 am

It's too easy to veer off topic. We can discuss the Putin & Obama's use of the their mikitaries and how it plays out in world politics somewhere else, or maybe create a new topic?

For now, I'm gonna try to stick to the topic.

Everyone waiting for some of America's rich and famous that they are familiar with may be disappointed. For a couple of reasons.

First there are literally hundreds of firms like Mossack & Fonseca in the Virgin Islands and British Territories, that set up shell companies for the very wealthy, for the express purpose of avoiding taxes imposed by their countries of residence. We're getting some information on only one of them.

Contrary to The Donald's propaganda, the U.S. has one of the lowest practical corporate tax rates of any of the Westernized countries. The need to hid money in shell corporations isn't as great for Americans, as it is for the rich in countries where corporations do indeed pay much more tax, than corporations in the zu.S.

The practical tax rate of U.S. corporations is an average of 12%. That's how much on average, corporations must pay the U.S. treasury. Although the actual Tax Rate is 36%. The practical tax rate (again the amount on average the U.S. Treasury collects from corporations), and The Tax Rate (the percentage corporations are assessed to pay before deducting expenses, exemptions, etc,) are two very different animals.

The other reason we may not see a lot of Americans pop up from the Panama list, is what is done for the rich in other countries through the use of employing offshore companies to set up shell corporations to hid taxes, is done legal for Americans right here on U.S. soil. Two states in particular, Nevada and Delaware have laws used to set up shell corporations. In fact Delaware is known as the U.S. capitol of shell corprations.

Presently there is a bill proposed that would end this practice:

H.R.4450 - Incorporation Transparency and Law Enforcement Assistance Act
114th Congress (2015-2016)

My guess is it won't even make it to Committee.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby PharmGirl » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:40 am

My guess is that most men like Putin because he's very manly, and Obama isn't.
PharmGirl

Postby upallnight » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:52 am

Here's the biggest names that I have found through Google. Notice the absence of American names?

1. Icelandic Prime Minister Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson
2. Argentinian President Mauricio Macri
3. Russian President Vladimir Putin
4. Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko
5. The late father of British Prime Minister David Cameron
6. Saudi Arabian King Salman bin Abdulaziz
7. The Spanish Royal Family
8. The brother-in-law of Chinese President Xi Jinping
9. Cousins of Syrian President Bashar Assad
10. Former Iraqi Vice President and Prime Minister Ayad Allawi
11. United Arab Emirates President Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
upallnight

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:29 pm

upallnight wrote:Here's the biggest names that I have found through Google. Notice the absence of American names?

I just explained why you needn't expect to see many Americans on the list. Especially ones that matter politically. Now this should give Americans that believe America is scared and weak, pause to re-evalute that thought.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby goat47 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:50 pm

America is a tax haven.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby clark bailey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:10 pm

This list is rife with enemies of the Obama administration, and people like Iceland's PM who actually did fight the global cabal. I call it mostly bull shit and deflection from reality and diversionary tactics. At best I would be incredibly skeptical. Am I wrong or are there few if any Americans on the list?
clark bailey

Postby clark bailey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:11 pm

upallnight wrote:Here's the biggest names that I have found through Google. Notice the absence of American names?

That's because its mostly bull shit in my opinion.
clark bailey

Postby clark bailey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:16 pm

Soros and his globalist cabal are behind this.
clark bailey

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:36 pm

clark bailey wrote:

That's because its mostly bull shit in my opinion.

No. It's not bullshit. Though releasing this extremely limited and partial list of globe tax evaders is.

It's doesn't scratch the surface on the avenues avaialble to top 5% of the world's most wealthy, to protect and grow their wealth. You know....the ones that control 95% of the wealth in the world. Now you may think from all my post that I resent the wealthy. I've been accused of such.

If you think so, then you ignore that in comparison to two thirds (that's more than 4.5 billion people), I would be thought of as wealthy. So...if you belong to the 1/3 class of people that have something besides a day to look forward to, that food & shelter isn't the most pressing issue, lucky you. Because I object to a distribution of natural resources that exclude two thirds of humanity from the security of food and shelter, does not mean I object to wealth.

I object to the unequal distribution of God given natural resources that do not provide for all of God's human creation. Simply put, there's no reason in this age of enlightenment for ANYONE, without respect to race, religion, creed, gender or age, should be apologizing and making excuses for the 5% of the human population that control the unequal distribution of our God given natural resources. We should not be making excuses for the sinful greed that drives people to act exclusively in their own self interest, and avoid responsibilty to those that help them to acquire and grow that wealth.

Just because a person happens to be born in a country absent from pandemic illnesses, food shortages and ravages of natural elements, doesn't give them the right to believe they are anymore precious to God than another born in a country where these things are prevalent.

In fact if one professes Christianity, they would understand the circumstance they are born into creates an opportunity to practice the foundations of Jesus’ teaching. To love one another as Jesus loves us. To lay our treasures in heaven, not on earth, and to be our brothers keeper. Jesus' words are for both the 'haves' and 'the have nots'. Believers in Christ teachings, know whatever they possess does not belong to them. They know they are stewards of these possesions for a short period. And that the talents given them, they must multiply to benefit not only themselves, but those that will share and profit from the multiplied talents to give glory to God, the giver of all things good.

This is why Jesus said :

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. (Matthew 19:24).

When Jesus spoke these words, the walls that surrounded cities had entrances analogous to 'eyes' of a needle that thread passed through, stitching fabric together. Their city walls, the needle with the eye.

When wealthy merchants entered the cities with their camels ladden with riches, the riches had to be separated from the them, so the camel could easily pass through the 'eye'. Jesus was acknowledging the difficulty for a camel to pass through the entrance ladden with riches. The camel belonging to it's owner did not have difficulty passing through the eye, unless it belonged to the rich man that kept his camel ladden with his riches.

None, no not even one, gets out of here alive. Not one of us will get to take even a drop of water with us. Why then, must we dedicate our lives to more than we need to fulfill our purpose, laid out in Christ teachings?

Material wealth in the wrong hands does not edify God's creation, it seeks to destroy it. Even in the right hands it's at best burdensome.

No, I don't resent wealth. Having it brings the awesome and terrible responsibility to make good of it.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Gopher » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:08 pm

Who said it was illegal? If their is a tax loophole then they are just taking advantage of it.
Gopher
Carl The Groundskeeper

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Gopher wrote:Who said it was illegal? If their is a tax loophole then they are just taking advantage of it.

I don't believe anyone contends that tax havens are illegal.

The question one must ask and answer determine for themselves is were the monies in the secretive offshore accounts obtained legally? IMO hiding money you don't want exposed may not be immoral, then again it could be.

It depends on first, how you got the money you don't want anyone to know you have. Where the money came from. Was it earned legally? Or was it stolen from somebody, or a bunch of somebody's?

For instance, If I'm a ruler of a Monarch and as such, a percentage of all state owned natural resources must divided up between the government of my Monarch and it's people, and I illegally skim profits off the top from those resources....well, I've stolen from both my government and it's people. What I have done is both illegal and immoral.

On the otherhand, if I take my legitimate share of the profits from my country's natural resources, and parlay that into profit turning investments outside of any of my country's natural resource profits, then I've stolen nothing. I just may not want my fortune public, as it may cast suspicion on any political motivation I may have. While there's no question I've done nothing illegal, I may have an immoral political purpose. Perhaps funding political groups that wouldn't square with the moral edicts of my Monarchy rule.

So...while not illegal, tax havens pose a question of morality.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby clark bailey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Like I said bullshit, if not total, then mostly.
clark bailey

Postby CrissyAlwaysSunny » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:54 am

:? Yes, that's my confused look lol.
CrissyAlwaysSunny

Postby Political Plague » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:22 pm

THIS may well be the story of the decade and it is getting very little media attention and it's easy to see why. It could turn out to be the largest theft of money from the working class of people WORLDWIDE by some of the most powerful people in the history of the world ! There have been mega thefts before but nothing of this magnitude ! The story appears to be getting bigger and more widespread as it goes along. More companies, execs, industry leaders, public officials, politicians, all the way up to Presidents, Prime Ministers, cabinets, Congress and members of Parliament. It is snowballing into a major under reported story. Wonder how many EU and other countries leaders will be caught before the entire truth comes out ? If it ever does.
Political Plague

PreviousNext

Return to General Politics (Links Only)