Best State of the Union speech ever!

(LINKS ONLY)War of Terror, Iraq, illegal immigration, gun control, gay marriage and abortion.

Re: Best State of the Union speech ever!

Postby clark bailey » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:02 pm

The only people who didn't like it are living in delusion, deceit and denial in the Democratic party. A party that is on life support and started hammering the nails into their coffins last night.

Cate is good hearted but no one pays her any mind.
clark bailey

Postby Cate McCalley » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:31 pm

You may be right about nobody paying any mind to me. That's okay.

I can't in good conscience ignore my civic duty. The clock is ticking and time will either prove all of my concerns about the nefarious deceits perpetratated upon the American people this past election, and it's significance in our American values, our freedoms and way of life, or I will have been proven completely off my nut and proven wrong.

Either way I will never have to regret remaining silent, when the future becomes the past. As always, I hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

Time & Tide Changes Everything
Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Political Plague » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:32 am

t's the same thing that Pres.Trump has been saying all along...just reformatted a bit for Congress instead of a campaign rally. The left-wing dems never listen, do they?
Political Plague

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:07 am

Political Plague wrote:t's the same thing that Pres.Trump has been saying all along...just reformatted a bit for Congress instead of a campaign rally. The left-wing dems never listen, do they?

I think the ones in Congress listened very well to the speech and heard what I heard. That's why all but one walked out in masse immediately afterwards. They saw what I saw, change of style..not of substance.

I think the American majority that oppose your so called President's proposals that doesn't reconcile the budget numbers are listening as well. Along with those that have noticed the dramatic rise in hate crimes, and improving economy that he trys to take credit for, when the wheels carrying in were long before in motion to deliver it.

We're all listening, keenly aware that action speaks louder than words

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GoDan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:31 am

I think the ones in Congress listened very well to the speech and heard what I heard. That's why all but one walked out in masse immediately afterwards. They saw what I saw, change of style..not of substance.

Don't be silly cate. That was pre planned.
GoDan

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:15 pm

GoDan wrote:

Don't be silly cate. That was pre planned.

No doubt it was. That plan would have drastically changed had you so called President had opened his Speech including stating the following:

"You know what, the American public needs to be assured that goal is to serve A erica's interest before any other. Therefore I'm releasing my tax returns for public scrutiny".

Had he said 'You know what, I am working to ensure all Americans know as fact, that I have in no way condoned or been a part of any espionage and threat to our national security from Russia or any foreign government. Therefore I am demanding Congress appoint an independent investigation of the Russian cyber attacks during, before and after my election.

Or how about "You know what, President W. Bush is correct in to acknowlege our free press is a critical component of a democracy. It balances and limits power that is naturally corrosive and keeps those in power from becoming dictators. Therefore, I or none of my staff will ever seek to ban the free press in any shape, form or fashion".

Had he said "You know what, ethics are the bedrock of integrity. Therefore, I will follow the lead of all other POTUS's before me and transfer all of my business interest to a blind trust, to enable me to meet the standard of ethics and integrity befitting the office I now hold".

Instead of shirking his responsibility being accountable for a failed military mission that he approved, that cost the life of one of our Navy Seals and the injury to four other of our military personnel and as many as thirty Yemen civilians, he would have said "You know what, I made a mistake in approving this mission without fully weighing the potential benefit and risk as I should have done. It's my responsibility to do my utmost to keep every American life safe especially those in service to our county to help me accomplish this gravely serious task. I have learned from this mistake and will make every effort to avoid making another like it."

Had your so called President admitted his lack of experience in government prevents him from seeing the bigger picture others are familiar with, and asked for the help of those more experienced without respect to ideological or partisan differences, Democrats would have been given a reason to change their plan of resistance.

None of this happened. Nor do I foresee it happening in the future. Obama tried to work with Republicans to the point it became obvious to him and the entire nation that Republicans had their own agenda, and it did not include working with the Obama Administration.

As it stands now it's 'pity for pat, you killed my dog. I'll kill your cat". Certainly not what we want, but then you don't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby goat47 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:46 pm

"You know what, the American public needs to be assured that goal is to serve A erica's interest before any other. Therefore I'm releasing my tax returns for public scrutiny".

He said America First during his campaign and somehow the left and the media found it to be racist lol.
goat47
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Cate McCalley » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:10 pm

goat47 wrote:
"You know what, the American public needs to be assured that goal is to serve America's interest before any other. Therefore I'm releasing my tax returns for public scrutiny".

He said America First during his campaign and somehow the left and the media found it to be racist lol.

The U.S makes up 5% of the total world population. It's impossible to make it first without a sound and workable foreign policy that engages the other 95% of the world population. Your so called President does not have a foreign policy. Workable or otherwise. His speech did not mention North Korea, Ukraine, Afghanistan, or any other relevant foreign agressions, including that of China in the South Sea. Ignoring a commitment to foreign policies that in turn would protect our nation and help rebuild a robust economy is essentially instituting a third Obama term on the matter. Asking Congress to increase the military budget by 10% without a foreign policy that can justify it doesn't make sense. Then I don't suppose anything about this Administration makes very much sense.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Political Plague » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 am

A strong military is for the defense of our nation. That's the only reason needed.
Political Plague

Postby PharmGirl » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Political Plague wrote:A strong military is for the defense of our nation. That's the only reason needed.

We can fight wars with love. :roll:
PharmGirl

Postby Cate McCalley » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:25 pm

PharmGirl wrote:
Political Plague wrote:A strong military is for the defense of our nation. That's the only reason needed.

We can fight wars with love. :roll:

If love influenced the darker side of humanity, there wouldn't be any wars. The blinders be off and we would all see every life is precious.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby GFunkMoneyDog » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:50 am

If you type "America First is" into google it gives you a few pre selected options such as "wrong" "isolationism" "fascist" "fascism." It is actually none of them. America first means our policies, our trade agreements, and everything else should put America first. Yes we need a strong foreign policy. We have weak as water the last 8 years.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us." - Dr. Samuel Loomis
GFunkMoneyDog
The Godfather

Postby Pappy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:53 am

GFunkMoneyDog wrote:If you type "America First is" into google it gives you a few pre selected options such as "wrong" "isolationism" "fascist" "fascism." It is actually none of them. America first means our policies, our trade agreements, and everything else should put America first. Yes we need a strong foreign policy. We have weak as water the last 8 years.

Were as weak as the mixture Harlan county dumps in its pot holes. :lol: :roll:
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

Postby Cate McCalley » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:34 am

Pappy wrote:
GFunkMoneyDog wrote:If you type "America First is" into google it gives you a few pre selected options such as "wrong" "isolationism" "fascist" "fascism." It is actually none of them. America first means our policies, our trade agreements, and everything else should put America first. Yes we need a strong foreign policy. We have weak as water the last 8 years.

Were as weak as the mixture Harlan county dumps in its pot holes. :lol: :roll:

Democracy is precious. Even a managed democracy is eons preferable to totalitarianism.

Historians have seen Trumps style and message before. Attack and deligetimise government leaders and its institutions. Fabricate a narrative that the nation is on the brink of social and economic collapse. Target the weakest in society as responsible for all the economic and social upheaval. Attack and discredit all democratic allies that show restraint in advancing their own nationalist agenda. Institute your own propaganda machine to challenge and obscure the motivations of any media that speaks truth to power.

Every authoritarian regime that ever came to power has used this formula. The difference is they weren't facing a 250 year evolved and established democracy. One that has three branches of government with equal powers.

Cate McCalley
(no custom rank chosen)

Postby Pappy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:56 pm

clark bailey wrote:President Trump knocked it out of the park tonight, and set the standard for decades to come. I am proud to have voted for him and proud he is our president. I hope we all look forward to working towards Making America Great Again!

Who gives a Fuck
Pappy
Hardee's Parking Lot

PreviousNext

Return to General Politics (Links Only)